Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belexes ForumQuester

You think these little kitty cats won't whine about that?
  2. Gerbert New Member

Back in your day you had to walk uphill, both ways, in the snow!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Astinox Journeyman

I agree that it would be better for them to just put the HA's back to pre-patch difficulty, and lower the amount of exp awarded. It took over 50 to 60 West Karana HA named kills to get Splinter of Potency (specialize evocation aug). Maybe I just had bad luck, but if it is really that rare then it would be a bummer for people to have to kill named at the current HA difficulty level to get that.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. Sissruukk Rogue One

No no no, we had to ride the boat in OOT, uphill, both ways, in the snow, on a PvP server.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Belexes like this.
  5. Gerbert New Member

Kinslayer to the newbie log!
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Back in the day, it use to be Nursejoy giving people heartache in FoB on TZ.
    Frozenbullet likes this.
  7. Belexes ForumQuester

If you were lucky enough to not fall off the boat. Then you were screwed.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

You must be one of the effete elven races. We dwarves swam everywhere. No boats for us.

In truth, if we didn't swim, we didn't bathe. Sad, but true.
  9. Feznik Elder

As long as exp reduction is not penalizing players who are at the level for the content, I agree that would have been the best approach.

They should have done it like they did with static zones when TDS came out. Reduce experience for 105 level players if they do any content in lower expansion zones at or before RoF expansion.

Could have just reduced exp overall for 110 players in any TDS zone or lower, would have been a better fix.

Pretty much all this did was penalize any new player or returning player more than players level 105 or higher.

There are much better ways to get players to play in the current RoS expansion then to penalize the whole player base. Developers could boost exp significantly in RoS, make loot level 106 required or higher, introduced chase loot this expansion etc
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Sadly, I did start my EQ life as a tree hugging leaf eating elf...then I saw the light, and the beauty of bearded dwarven women, and rerolled as a dwarf right away.
  11. Belexes ForumQuester

Wait until you go gnome...
  12. srvan New Member

I am late to the blame game, on this miss mash on the changes to the HA's. I have only one question is Everquest going to be able to be played by a solo player? At level 105 I upgraded to 2 boxing so that I could complete the HA's and get a decent number of AA's? With changes to HA's this is no longer possible. I am luck to complete on mission in the time it took me to do three, where the chances of wiping my boxed group is much higher. Plus the crippling of the mercs reduce their effectiveness. You talk about scaling, I don't understand. The increase in hp of the new mobs are much higher than my increases in dps. The number of AA's required for the same increase in an ability is climbing. Not only does each ability level cost more AA's it does less to increase that ability functionality. It also takes more time to aquire AA's?
  13. Cannikin Augur

The expansion that got the most screwed out of this is TBM. Not only is the majority of the content in the entire expansion scaling in difficulty, and the fact that every thing from this expansion on is designed around the assumption that people get loaded up with type 5 augs from vendors here, but unlike CotF the experience does not scale up accordingly. In CotF missions at 110 the AAs you get from completing were pretty much the same as at 105. In TBM at 105 each mob gave like 75% of an AA. Now it's more like 3-4 kills per AA at 110.

That's right, in return for the huge increase in difficulty you get zero, zilch, nada. No scaled up exp, no extra currency, no better loot. NOTHING.
    Qazwsx and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  14. Tornicade_IV Augur

I don't hink this is the issue at all. I think 106-110 overall took a bigger jump than it should have.

TBM from my experiences was defiantly scaling. COTF was not.

not only was TBM scaling with the release but it also is harder because of the expansion wide. casting ai.
    They didn't just scale the mobs in COTs. they tuned them up and gave them a boost.
    This isn't imagined a 102 version of the foreman in Capt Russell's last mission had 8-10 million hp and maxed for 22k just last week. now he has nearly 15 million hp and quads for 120k, at 102. this is a level 104 Dead hills mob level 85 min. not an EOK ha level 95 min mob.

that's over a 20% increase for the lower level version of the spells.

COTF is a level 100 expansion. EOK is a level 105 Expansion. replacing COTF Mobs Metrics with EOK mob metrics is just absurd no matter why they did it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Qazwsx like this.
  15. Flookins New Member

This was the worst idea I think they ever had.... Yes... Hey.... We noticed alot of returning players... Lets make it so there is NO possible way they can catch up to other players.. Lets make all the older content harder than the newest RoS content... Yeah maybe then they will just leave... because the future.. pffft who needs future business....
  16. Tornicade_IV Augur

Hey now returning players have House of Thule. why on earth would they want to go anywhere else. gotta put your Garden Time in and 4 tiers of gear to farm....
  17. Gadreel New Member

Could be they only want 110 raid gear players to stay in game. If the Devs are crying because no one likes the new expansion why possible fix it ? No lets make old content only doable by Raiders .
  18. strongbus Augur

let see they did this when the level went form 100 to 105 and people where saying the same things as they are here. The big difference is where we had 3 exp at 105 as each 105 exp came out we got more powerful with aa and spells so it made the 105 ha in older exp easier.

beside bumping up the xp to match the hardness of the missions I don't see what else people want them to do.
  19. Millianna Augur

Why overtune 5 year old content? Old content shouldn’t require 30k AAs and RoS group to make it manageable. Exp in RoS is much better - so what’s the big deal about 15 AA every 3 hours?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Qazwsx like this.
  20. Cannikin Augur

No I (and probably the vast majority) don't want the exp bumped up. No one 105+ does any of these old HAs for exp except Gribble. I want the exp nerfed. If the problem was too fast exp from a set of 3 HAs out of the many dozens, nerf the exp. Make it so that you're wasting your time doing them for exp compared to regular killing in EoK or RoS. That will stop people grinding endless Gribbles. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that solution, and it's much simpler from a programming standpoint.

But no, the "solution" they came up with was to break two entire expansions (CotF and TBM) and mess up a lot of stuff in every other expansion since. And no, this is not a minor problem that only affects a small number of people hunting check marks, as you absolutely need to grind HAs to buy type 5 augs for heroic stats, or you will never survive in later expansions, not to mention things like Dichotomic spells and many still relevant achievement rewards.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.