Re-tuned HAs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Galien, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleaver Augur

The TBM ones are way over tuned. I just did into temple B on a 110 SK in ROS TS Gear and max AAs with shm/clr healer and had to use defensive disc vs 2 or i would of died.
  2. Tornicade_IV Augur

I don't need an "easy " mode. I would be happy with the "normal" mode that it has been.
  3. sucubae Lorekeeper

it has been a long time since the last time I posted anything in the forums and this will b my swansong. my account has been active for over 17 pushing 18 years soon, not anymore.

I sent a petition asking for a refund on the last 8 months on my subscription.I do not expect to get it but who knows. whether I get the refund or not I am cancelling the account in February after I give away the stuff that friends want from my mules. then after the great give away the toons will b deleted to take away any impulse I may get to want to return. when I sent in my petition the auto reply ended it with "hope to see you again", oh yeah.....

the last real expansion they did that was more centered on group and solo content was secrets of faydwer. that was where the raid zones started but raiding was not the center of the expansion. after that expansion the center of the expansion became raid this and raid that. the raid gear drops became more and more powerful so they had to start tweaking the regular content to keep the people that are raid geared from having too easy of a time in normal content. and once that little cycle started it become the death knell for the casual or the group players. now every expansion is built to not let it be too easy for the raiders, but all that did was make the content unplayable for the rest.

In house of thule the raids were even more prevalent but they still had decent groupable content but little solo content.

in a 40 min time span in the new ot, I died 5 times from just yard trash mobs. yard trash should not be that difficult, yes there should b a possibility to die from them but 5 times in under an hour is a bit ridiculous and now the older content HA's are in line with those. I have maybe 2-2.5 hours at night to play and when it takes us over 3 to do an ha, it is just not possible to do them in the time I have available to do them in.

what used to be a way to distract myself at night with some minor entertainment is no longer that but has now changed to a major disappointment. I am currently in the middle of downloading and patching WoW for the first time ever. I never had an impulse to try WoW until this weekend. Well if the only way for them to see what problems they have made for themselves is with my wallet I will vote with it and send my money elsewhere.

To everyone still playing on prexus, I wish you all the best. I have made a few friends on there, a few stretching back 15+ years and a few new ones. Some of those old friends are moving with me to WoW, LOL one has been waiting for me to do this for a while now and has already had her account there for a few years.

goodbye everyone, safe journies and good hunting in your futures
  4. Kinadorm Augur

Can you add an option to cap the scaling at 105 and cap the exp as well? The loot already does not scale based on level. We don't need to make all content excessively hard. Sometimes people like to just have fun in the game without content being excessively difficult. I would like to see some path to go back and finish hunters in older HA's without the mobs always increasing in difficulty.
    Qazwsx and Xapy like this.
  5. Dontee Elder

same
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

If you go gnome, you can't go home.
  7. Addikeys Elder

First off, they need to undo these changes, at least for anything that was for progression. It is clear that the mob/mission difficulty for these prior progression missions is not tuned correctly making prior expansion progression borderline impossible if you were stupid enough to level your character before they did this bait and switch.

Second, a much simpler solution would be to change the experience level 106+ players get while doing HAs meant for lower levels and increase the amount of experience they take from a group of lower leveled players. That would address the irrational hatred of so-called easy experience.
  8. Kinadorm Augur

All HA's should cap their scaling at the top level for the expansion they are found in so the content stays at an appropriate difficulty for the expansion it is located. These changes have made it very difficult to go back and finish older content now if you purchased RoS and leveled to 110.

Not sure how easy it would be to implement that but seems like it would solve all of the problems. The progression missions would still maintain an appropriate level of difficulty for that expansion and the loot would remain appropriate for the level of difficulty. The mobs would also be capped at a lower level and therefore be worth less experience.

If there is still an issue with experience gained in certain HA's then adjust those specific HA's.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

[IMG]

Old cartoon and the "happy" part is missing for the moment.
  10. minimind The Village Idiot

Agreed. Nerf the experience, but don't overtune the mobs.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

And one more for fun.
    [IMG]
  12. mmats Augur

And here I thought I would one day be able to box Anashti Sul. Little did I know I would lose power relative to mobs as I level up and get better gear. o_O
  13. oldandnasty Augur

Classic.
  14. Xapy New Member

I haven't done those old HA's on my main for years. But many still rely on old HA's to get Levels and AA's on our Alts, as it's so difficult to find groups for them in a new expansion. Alts progress at a much slower pace by design, my Raid Main comes first since I don't box.

I've completed XP/AA/RoS Group Progression on my Main, and I'm ready to buy the new expansion on this account now, but I won't. I just downgraded to silver since I know I won't be able to progress entirely in this new expansion anyway.

Exploiters have ruined this game for the less hardcore among us. You've pissed off the Developer Gods who are no doubt reveling in OUR punishment for crimes we never committed.
  15. Strumph Augur

This scaling change needs to be rolled back to the way it was.... reduce the reward as level increases, but not make it harder.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and eepok like this.
  16. Qazwsx New Member

The Devs should have left all the older HAs alone. Don't they have enough problems with the current expansion?

Put it back the way it was.
  17. sucubae Lorekeeper

while I had reservations I would even get a refund, it was confirmed in an email I received this afternoon that I was correct in my assumptions. right now even if they rolled back this horrendous patch I wont b back. I started the process of deleting my toons and emptying the banks to friends. plus I spent $60 on WoW today to get current with all the expansions they have and got a 6 month subscription.

while I am sad to leave a game I have played for over 17 years this was it for me. they have catered to the 10-20% (raiders) and ignored the rest of us that enjoy group or solo content.

once again... goodbye, safe journies and good hunting...........

although in a parting thought I have a solution to this but I know they wont even consider this. the ldon's have a choice of how hard the adventure will be. since that script already exists why not put it to use again........
  18. xclip New Member

Well it's a good time to join, leveling is a lot more fun now that you can choose to level in any zone you like. If your Alliance you can quest in Westfall till your 30 or whatever, mobs will scale with you.

Don't forget to try the demon hunters. Legion us a fun expac, should check it out.
  19. cowboy5 New Member

im trying out skyrim mmo. its awesome graphics wise its all set up to not group and i will miss that but most everyone i group with has left now anyways. so its not like its a valid comparison. and mostly it doesn't have ever ill mannered brat like wow. hope to see you guys out there
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

You had arms? Puh.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.