Ragefire Update May 22 @ 5:45PM PDT: The AFK Problem, Fix INC!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 22, 2015.

1. Kaayne New Member

Oh, the stupid BS afk thing did nothing? Imagine that.
    Nenake likes this.
  2. Lierdal New Member

No. They applied some kind of "fix" to keep people from just sitting around AFK.
  3. Nidhogg New Member

Well ... I remember way back when, back when "Classic" was new. And all the good times I had. And I thought to my self. Yeah, I think I want to try it again. Get that old school nostalgic feel. Well, I though I wanted to play like it was 1999. And well, Ragefire has delivered ... far too well. I feel like I'm in 1999. I think its time to go back to the future and cancel my DBG account. Actually, I'm doing that right now. Later.
  4. infintive New Member

hey... I still cant log onto the server. thanks a bunch you . glad to see I wasted my money.
    OJSimpsun likes this.
  5. OJSimpsun New Member

i want to kill crushbone orcs again like in classic, not sit at a log in screen. with all these counter arguments 'herp derp log in screen is classic EQ' it doesn't justify service
  6. archy Lorekeeper

Still unable to log into the game after 6 hours . . . I did go work for an hour (I have a life). But the fact remains, since 1:30PM today I have not been able to play. FUN STUFF.
  7. bobjones1208 Augur

Sounds like an awesome job if you only had to go for an hour. My boss gets all mad and stuff if I don't stick around for at least 8.
  8. Samatman Augur

Still can't login. Thanks for all the hard work on getting rid of the pseudo afk problem. You know what the real problem is, and you won't address it. I'm done here, P99 may have issues but NOTHING like this. And they have the real freeport.
    Norathorr and Nenake like this.
  9. Toredan Journeyman

Funny, considering building a mission to mars or world peace would probably take longer than 12 hours and the server can't seem to stay open for more than 12 hours without coming down for a patch I'd probably cap it at that. Much more realistic.
  10. Steampunk Augur

I'm sure this made some kind of sense, but I must not be drunk enough yet.
  11. Soltara Augur

Wow, people are crazy.

But did the afk code work?
  12. CocoaNut Elder

Soltara, I tested it and I got kicked. I can't say how long it took because I logged in 4 1/2 hours ago and was dead tired, so I sat my character down and went to sleep. When I woke up, I was at the login screen where it told me that it couldn't verify my login (which is the same message you get if kicked from the server select screen).
    Soltara likes this.
  13. Soltara Augur

Thank you. Now I wonder if it works from the character select screen.
  14. Canofpepsi Lorekeeper

wanna do something usefull to prevent boxers besides kicking afk players.
    band there ip address, that'll teach them
  15. Templeton Augur

"tested it" ;)
    CocoaNut likes this.
  16. Dalsina Lunrais

The recent patch on live servers has made merchants disappear. Is this being looked into?
  17. Wizard New Member

i was logged in, shut my laptop screen and went to bed. I woke up this morning and got on and it loaded the character select screen and i was able to log in easily - not sure how that happened, but it did.
  18. Warlorf Augur

Testing to determine how long only makes it look like you are trying to circumvent the system. I'd be careful.
  19. LastToStand Journeyman

Okay good job Roshen but you got like 2,500 boxers on the server taken up space as well is their way to limit them to at least 3 or less accounts to run at the sametime WE need a GM guide on at all times so you can see this mess you put on one server. IP Exemption for 1 account needs to be implemented anything over that is auto-ban. this game history based on socializing grouping and having fun not greedy hermits that are no life's anyways. granted they are helping the upkeep on this server in the short run, but it's going to destroy the excite that was originally hyped up when the server launched in the progression of this server. This needs to be tied into the Daybreak rules and regulations for Ragefire progression server. Boxers are plague on games now adays. I came back because of reading and over hearing a progression server from Classic 1999 EQ, to Kunark ,Luclin and so forth.

This by far is a freaking mess. Let's settle this Put a Lockjaw up for boxers only and leave Ragefire for PVE non-boxing if caught Banned IP and accounts that was caught.

Just some food for thought here Daybreak you are new to how SoE ran and EverQuest this what it has been doing all these years once more expansions kept going.

Boxers are killing your killing your revenue in the long run and is the main reason servers become dead lost of interest, no exp to be found, a boxer won't let you group with them etc.

It's nothing but bad news Daybreak.

Message me back in Private so we can discussion some of stipulations.

Thanks Sincerely , Heartwarmer GL of The Elite Crusaders
  20. Lennyn Elder

Yes it does kick you from character select.
    Elkay likes this.