Ragefire Update May 22 @ 5:45PM PDT: The AFK Problem, Fix INC!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 22, 2015.

1. vardune Augur

Another server is the ONLY solution.
  2. Mardy Augur

Stop forum browsing, server's up get logging in.
  3. Healiez Augur

Im guessing the first " afk time" will be pretty generous. Probably somewhere upwards of 20-30 minutes... You shouldnt lose your spot because you had to grab something to eat or shower real quick.
  4. Wizard New Member

A second server should be a last resort honestly. Fippy and Vulak really needed a merge a long time ago because both didnt have a big enough population separately... plus its not like they can just do a silly dance and merge 2 servers together like its the fusion dance (kudos if you get the reference)... Anyway. They are smart to implement a coding fix first and at least try this. the population is a temporary issue. it will decline over time.
  5. Healiez Augur

Trunks and goten got it in less than an episode, thats like 1 day IRL time
  6. Templeton Augur

Not starting a another server will frustrate and alienate people into leaving, then you will claim that see? We didn't need a second server because all these people left. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Even in the worst case, so what if the servers need merging in 6-12 months?

Look, this server needed two simple things to work;

1. Enough capacity to provide a quality experience to the service users that have been sold accounts.

2. A ban on boxing.

Oh, and maybe 3... Extensive and proper testing and a solid delivery, though I believe that this part is a short term somewhat forgivable hiccup.

I personally think that it is indefensible, on the part of DBG and the boxers themselves, to have box teams monopolizing content on an over crowded pre expansion server, but that's a different thread I guess.
    sihpa likes this.
  7. Krizzik New Member

You know, my first reaction was to say, No I don't feel entitled. But you know what, the more I thought about it, YES I DO feel entitled! This is why ...

If I were to go to a car rental place and said I wanted to rent a care for 30 days, with unlimited use and paid a price for it I would expect that. But then lets say that the same car rental company has 4000 customers but they don't have 4000 cars to rent. Would it be anymore appropriate for that rental company to come to my home in the evening, watch, and when they feel enough time has passed they take the car I've already rented/paid for to let another customer use because they don't have 4000 cars for 4000 customers that they've taken 4000 payments from? Of course not! What's the answer? Get more cars !!!! ANYONE would flip if a company came and took their rental away at night because it's not being actively used and is just sitting there when someone else could be using it. That's the commitment a company makes when they offer a product or service for unlimited use. When was the last time someone went into a buffet restaurant and was told to stop eating the roast beef because they were eating too much of it and there wouldn't be enough for the rest of the paying customers.

So yes. After playing this game for 15 years and being part of the population that has hung in there, paid diligently and supported this game even in its darkest times, yes, I feel entitled to be able to take my spot on a server as I have paid my fee for and occupy that spot 24 hours a day no matter if I'm playing, crafting or AFK.

This is a DBG problem, NOT an AFKer problem:They take the money, they provide the service/product, I'm the consumer, I want what I'm paying for ...
  8. Templeton Augur

Wow... Did you write this from the bar? :p
  9. jacksaltw234 New Member

While this is something, unfortunately the server is still full and I still cant play, so we need a queue or another server.
    Fhiele likes this.
  10. bobjones1208 Augur

Still says max capacity when I try to login
    Fhiele likes this.
  11. Numiko Augur

Welp im getting:

again, guess the "fix" is not working so well.
    Fhiele likes this.
  12. CocoaNut Elder

I was able to get in a few minutes after it went back up, which seems to be rather promising. It's currently at max capacity, however. It'll take a few hours for the AFK solution to be effective, I imagine.
  13. Chips Elder

I still can't get in.. It's at max capacity again.. I've only been able to play maybe 1 hour since launch. :(
    Fhiele likes this.
  14. bobjones1208 Augur

I think they brought the server down to apply the AFK fix. If so, all of the AFK people would have been booted. So, if it's at max capacity right now, it's from legit people logging in and playing.
  15. Numiko Augur

I should do a Twitch stream of me clicking "PLAY EVERQUEST!" over and over and over......:p
    Lierdal likes this.
  16. Numiko Augur

I think I am a legit person too and would like to play as well .....
    bobjones1208 likes this.
  17. TommyRace New Member

Did they really wipe it again?
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  18. Fhiele Augur

Ok, off to P1999 I guess.
    Aamalthea likes this.
  19. bobjones1208 Augur

Or so you say. What was the level cap when PoP was released? Answer me that bot!
  20. Aamalthea New Member

Technically it's how you're experiencing Everquest so I'd totally do it. AT least a few of us could come in and commiserate together.
    Numiko likes this.