Ragefire Update May 22 @ 5:45PM PDT: The AFK Problem, Fix INC!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 22, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey guys,

Players who long into Ragefire just to take up space on the server AFK isn't awesome.

We have an update coming in less than 30 minutes that will address players taking long AFKs on the server automagically. We believe this should help with the high population we're seeing on Ragefire.
  2. Mardy Augur

Thanks for the update sir. Any possibilities for a login queue system sometime in the near future?
    Tamier likes this.
  3. Systolic New Member

Good work guys. You have my support 100%.
  4. jAbb Journeyman

This is the hail mary before the long weekend? sigh
    sihpa likes this.
  5. SyDiko Augur

Thank you Roshen. :)
  6. Unique_Moop Augur

I just don't believe booting afk people will free up slots for everyone.
  7. Nizumzen Journeyman

Awesome news. Thanks for the update :).
  8. Kryrk New Member

What is considered a long afk? 5, 10, 15 minutes?
  9. Sctt033 Elder

uh no felicia all their other games are crap, so bye felicia.
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

Building a queue system for EQ isn't a small project.

I agree it's not a great feeling when one person tries to log in for an hour, and his friend gets in after only trying to 5 minutes.

That being said, at this time there's no plan to add a queue system to EverQuest.
  11. vardune Augur

This isnt a fix to you problem. This is a fix to a large community that want to play a game you only will allocate one server to.
  12. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

13. Exitx Journeyman

Thank you Roshen! I'm excited to put some time into this server. I appreciate everything DBG has done in this unfortunate event. Thank you for keeping this great game alive.

Take your money somewhere else if you are unhappy with their service.
    Jedipokey likes this.
  14. vardune Augur

How about another server.
  15. Wandidar Elder

What is the anticipated down time for the server?
  16. Manian Vineheart Lorekeeper

The only reason many of us signed up for this "all access" pass is to play on ragefire, lets not pretend here.

Thanks for the update Roshen. It's unfortunate we can't all get in but the staff is working their butts off to try and fix that.
    Tamier and Gehlfein like this.
  17. Systolic New Member

The problem with making another server is the diminishing returns.

Inevitably people will leave this server as it progresses further and further. Another server would just cost too much.
    Exitx likes this.
  18. vardune Augur

All Night becuase now 5k people will hammer the hell out of that server. U r done for the night.
  19. Zechs Lorekeeper

Can you expand on the time it takes for the system to kick AFK people?
  20. vardune Augur

They can merge them. They have and still merge servers. They can use Vulak, its dead.
    Hendar2 likes this.