Ragefire Rotation Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abracadabra, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Esper Augur

If you and the rest of Apok & RoE were so sure of this, you all would not be posting here fighting against it as much as you are.
  2. Druz Augur

I am terrified your guild will eventually run this server into the ground. I have a lot of hope Holly and the devs will see through this, but my biggest fear is that your campaigning will be successful.
  3. Marthisdil Augur

"- Cleansing the Grounds - Heavily modified this Heroic Adventure to make it a bit easier and more rewarding.
    - Principal Quastori Numicia - Fixed an error that prevented players from obtaining the Balance of Power achievement in this raid.
    - In Kedge Keep, a harbinger of the seas can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Phinigel Autropos.
    - In Dreadlands, a harbinger of frost can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Gorenaire.
    - In Skyfire Mountains, a harbinger of flame can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Talendor.
    - All item drops from these harbingers (including those added in earlier updates) must now be converted via a right-click before they can be handed to the quest NPC.
    - These harbingers will not appear on Progression servers until House of Thule is unlocked."

There we go - thanks for the tidbit where I could find the patch notes. I stand corrected.

As such, epics aren't guaranteed to anyone - never were back in classic either. So, if you want your epic, get folks together (or make friends!) and kill the mobs. Just like the rest of us will have to do.

M
  4. Realitycheck Elder

While that may technically be true, (successful) startups set the conventions for their industry all the time. Maybe "set" is the wrong word and we should use "reset" or "redefine" instead, but the point is the same.

Uber has completely transformed/overcame a taxi industry that was completely entrenched and stagnant for decades. Heck, you could easily argue they're responsible for the "on-demand" industry that's worth billions and billions of dollars. Airbnb didn't set the conventions for the hospitality industry but given that they're valued at more than Marriott, I think it's safe to say they've redefined those industry conventions.
  5. Bufonidae Elder

It'll be fun to watch it TLG does something analogous to any of them... but none of them accomplished it the first couple weeks they were operating, or even the first couple years.
  6. Realitycheck Elder

Dude, 8 of 10 guilds agreed to the new rules. It could doom Apok and RoE (it won't) and that would still be a better outcome for the server than 2 guilds forcing their will upon and dooming the other 8. It's pretty simple math.

Unless you're holding fast to that line of thought that the guilds that agreed are too stupid to understand what they've signed and agreed to?
  7. Druz Augur

No, I'm suggesting they may not have been aware of what was already in place, that they are fine with any conditions because they don't even raid, or they were promised something by TL if the agree to whatever terms TL sets forth.
  8. Sulerill Elder

so your speculating about something you have no idea of right?
    Evony likes this.
  9. Realitycheck Elder

They still got to participate and eventually they were able to start dictating/contributing to rules and/or come to compromises where necessary to maintain their legitimacy.

If we really want to go down that rabbit hole (because I love following analogies to their end point), Uber was founded in 2009 and Airbnb was founded in 2008. The taxi and hospitality industries were around for literally centuries before them.

If we use that analogy and we're going to consider the rotation (which has been around for... 5 days?) "the industry" and TLG a startup they'd only have to exist for a couple hours to be considered legitimate. Heck, if we used the Ragefire server's existence as our baseline for "the industry" TLG would only have to be around for a couple days in order to be considered legitimate.
  10. Realitycheck Elder

That's... quite the stretch. To think guilds - especially guild leaders and officers - that have an eye to raiding at some point wouldn't be aware of what was going on around them - even if it didn't affect them specifically at that moment in time, is a pretty spectacular feat of mental gymnastics (if you actually believe that... or are trying to convince people of it).

I mean it's one thing if the information was only made available to those it was relevant to at the time but this was posted on the public forums. And not even just posted, but sticky'd to the top to boot.
  11. Druz Augur

When Daybreak announced for guildleaders to come together these guilds were nowhere to be found, which is evidence that they were not aware of Daybreak's announcement - which would have been difficult to miss if you visit these forums. Now that Skyp thinks he was outvoted (When he wasn't, Daybreak is the only vote that mattered) he recruited them to this sham of a summit.

I truthfully have no idea why these guilds would agree to a situation that is so bad for them.
  12. Esper Augur

Daybreak does not vote:

Holly Longdale@TheWindstalker Jul 28
    @BradKingforPres We aren't involved at all outside of supporting the agreements guilds come to. That's it. We don't advise.

10:38 AM - 28 Jul 2015 · Details
  13. Marthisdil Augur

Because its not bad for us (Remnants of Prexus)?

And I was aware of the announcement. And yes, I was surprised when RoE was on the initial rotation.
  14. Constellation Augur

Says the guild that never even made it to EoV after 3 months
  15. Druz Augur

Nothing is bad for you, you don't raid. But if you were to raid this new rotation would be bad for you. Your guildmates would never have a guaranteed shot at mobs they need to progress because it doesn't rotate mobs, it rotates hours. It would lead to tons of drama if a mob spawns in the last hour, 30 min, or 15 of your window. It is quantifiably worse than the current rotation, as in you will get way less mobs.

If you want to agree to something that favors TL to such an extreme degree, and leaves your own guilds success up to RNG on when bosses spawn in your allowed time period, that is certainly your prerogative. But I would ask, for my own sanity, for you to explain what is good about this newly proposed rotation for your guild.
  16. Sulerill Elder

Where does it say it does not rotate mobs? Within that window the mobs are rotated based on kills. So not sure what you are talking about.
  17. Constellation Augur

It's called wisdom. Tell me which guild has out DPS Twisted Legacy? Yes - so I should wake my members up in the middle of the night to lose a fight to a guild with 2 raid forces.... Wisdom...
  18. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

Or you can dig deep down, figure out why you guys suck, fix it then compete instead of being spoon fed. You know, like the olden days.
    Lowbrow67 likes this.
  19. Machen New Member

You keep repeating that but it is demonstrably not true for a guild that can only raid in the evenings of their respective time zone.

Any guild that cannot muster a 24/7 force will be completely unable to participate in the current rotation. All it takes is a mob spawning during the 18 hours a day they can't raid twice in a row and they are out. Which, on average, will happen for 2 or 3 out of the 4 rotation mobs during their first two cycles on the rotation.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  20. Esper Augur

Cowardice is the word you are looking for.
    Lowbrow67 likes this.