Ragefire Rotation Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abracadabra, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Marthisdil Augur

Hmm - let's do the math here....

1) We, generally, have folks on in the evenings after 7pm central
    2) We have a decent number of folks on mid-late afternoons onward on Saturday/Sunday.
    3) Pre-revamp, once we had enough folks able to port to the planes, we started farming keys in Sky. This proved not easy because a lot of that stuff was kept down and limited the number of keys we could get.

Thus, add them all together - we have a decent chunk (24ish or so) of folks that can port to bees currently. Not all of our raiders, mind you. And even if we had say, 60 to port to Bees, there's no saying we could kill em. Have you guys killed them post-revamp?

Post revamp, with our numbers (which you've seen me personally attest to being one of our issues right now), we're only up to KoS.

Also, saying getting to EoV doesn't mean much if most of your folks were already keyed to the island.

Lastly - in response to your snarkiness - it took you 82+ people (that I could tell - I was there, and that doesn't include anyone that was /anon or not in RoE that was there at Inny) to kill Inny. I feel if RoP had 82+ raid level people on, we could kill Inny too.

Before then, you guys hadn't killed any of the 4 rotation mobs, so how exactly should you had gotten a place on it to begin with? A lot of us are wondering about that, actually, and you've never given a clear answer.

So, while I congratulate you on your Inny kill (I even posted here about it), you guys failed on CT and TL got it FFA from you. I'm wondering if the rule to make it where if you guys failed again, would the rule to kick the guild from the rotation be in place? Or will you guys just try and trade it off to someone? I mean, you have a lot at risk there. Wonder what will happen if no other guild will take your trade....I mean, Apok - I wonder if they could kill CT if they traded with you or if it would go FFA...and if it went FFA and TL got it, would that count as a failure to kill against Apok, thus, leaving neither of you a trading partner....and open to being kicked from the rotation...pretty sure TL and Rosen wouldn't trade with you, and none of the other waiting-for-gatekeeper guilds could take it for you per the rules....

Just some observations here....

M
  2. Constellation Augur

It's called: we don't have people that 24 box and 18 box mages. That's real "courage". Man, it takes so much courage to login to Everquest.............
  3. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

Wisdom would be not flinging poop, belittling others and acting like a complete twit. Every time you post you inspire more to go against your way of thinking.
  4. Realitycheck Elder

The members of RoE and Apok posting here seem much more interested in denying TL kills than allowing access to those encounters to other guilds.

As Marthisdil stated, if something spawned outside their primetime window, even if they were up for it on the current rotation, they wouldn't be able to kill it and it would end up FFA. Rosengard has traded TL multiple mobs in the current rotation for the same reason. I presume the same holds true for the likes of Ceaseless, FP, etc (though if I'm wrong, by all means, correct me! :)). So my question to you is this: how does this favor TL any more than if these guilds had the first shot at these mobs at a time they couldn't kill them anyways?

If anything, this agreement actually protects their interests more as the current rotation (stealth edits and all) could easily be modified to remove somebody after 2 (or some arbitrary amount of) failed attempts. So if CT spawns at 4am for RoP twice - a time they can't, nor have any interest in killing a mob at - they get booted off the rotation? That doesn't seem to benefit them very much at all.

Additionally, with the current rotation Ceaseless, being the 4th guild to request a gatekeeper attempt, wouldn't have seen a Naggy for almost 20 spawns. To put that into perspective: There's a possibility that if the spawns had gone long, they wouldn't have seen a Naggy until Kunark (at which point they will be leveling to 60 and not even able to touch Naggy) - again, that's all prior to these stealth changes to the rotation (that it seems nobody agreed upon... or was even made aware of). That's fair?
    Lowbrow67 likes this.
  5. Marthisdil Augur

Hate to tell you - but on the current rotation, if we were on it, we wouldn't be guaranteed to kill the mobs either...why? Because most of our membership is on after 5PM Central or so, and bit better on weekends. so, from 11pm central until 5pm central the next day (18 hours) if a mob spawned, we wouldn't get it anyways.

As far as what's good about it? Well, we'd have a much better chance (once we got on the rotation mind you) of having enough folks online during the north american time slot than we would on the current rotation. Again, 18 hours each 24 we wouldn't be able to field a force to kill. So having a 6 hour slot where we could possibly kill something works for us nearly EXACTLY the same as the current rotation does (with the exception of 2 hours to kill vs 3 - but thats fine for us actually, too).

I imagine it's the same for other guilds that don't aspire to be an uberguild like TL. I notice plenty of times during the day where Apok couldn't kill a rotation boss...or RoE....or Rosen....<shrug>
    Evony likes this.
  6. Druz Augur

So why not campaign for 24 hour windows to kill your mobs? Or for the rotation to allow you to voluntarily give up spawns outside of your raiding hours with penalty?

I just can't imagine it will be fun at all to sit around for 6 hours praying something spawns in your window. and then be done raiding for a few days until your guild is blessed with another 6 hour window.
  7. Realitycheck Elder

Even if there were 20 raids worth of people it wouldn't matter - it'd just get the mob dead faster. The raid with the highest damage done (by surviving members) would win. So even if TL had 2 raids (or 4, or 6, or however many), if your raid was able to do the most damage, it would win.

Posts like these further show how out of touch you appear to be with this game and its community you claimed to represent with the proposal you went to DBG with originally.
  8. Marthisdil Augur

Pretty much applies to most everyone other than the handful of mobs Apok got and the 1-2 Rosen got.
  9. Marthisdil Augur

Because some of us are realists and 24 hour spawn windows hurts everyone, technically, by reducing the number of spawns and loot. Even if more of those spawns and loot go to TL, it's still increasing the number of them on the server as a whole.
    Evony likes this.
  10. Druz Augur

It's honestly exhausting battling strawmen every day. I'm done arguing, just going to leave this in the hands of Daybreak. When TL successfully suffocates every other raiding guild on the server I'll just join them
  11. Marthisdil Augur

Yup - because that's what you would have to do on the current rotation if a mob spawned in the middle of the night anyways - the rotation you and Apok put together. Guess what? If you don't do it, you lose the mob to FFA so it won't matter.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  12. Constellation Augur

We have no intent of trading anyone our CT position - EVER.

I wish all my 250+ level 50's would login in at once..... Really....... You know what your average raid force is, speculating, well if we had XX members we could kill XX target, anyone can say that, but you either have people that login or you don't. The only guilds before the post revamp in Sky to get past Bees and make it to EoV are: Twisted Legacy, APOK, RG, ROI, and ROE. . IF ROI was still on the server and not over on Lockjaw (not talking about the few people that stayed here, but Qulas and CO.) ROI would be on the rotation, and we would not be on the rotation. ROI - leaving the server worked out to ROE's benefit. We've proved it already - we went 3/4 on our rotation and will go 4/4 from now on.
  13. Sagnid Augur

By your posting habits. I doubt you play enough to join either TL or TLG. Transfer to lock jaw would be the best bet.
    Lowbrow67 likes this.
  14. Marthisdil Augur

Well, maybe you should then you could beat TL in a DPS race.
    Lowbrow67 likes this.
  15. iMugatu Elder

fixed that for you
    Evony and Lowbrow67 like this.
  16. Sulerill Elder

I think the best part of the rotation v1.0 was that guilds were still socking mobs for up to 15 hours. THAT was great!
  17. Machen New Member

That's not actually how the rotation works, you should read it.
    Hedgehog734 and Lowbrow67 like this.
  18. Hedgehog734 Journeyman

Machen! get your logic out of here! It's easier for people to just throw fit like children without actually reading anything or trying to have a constructive conversation.
    Lowbrow67 likes this.
  19. Marthisdil Augur

So then you won't have any issues with the new rotation because it doesn't really hurt you since the 12 hours of FFA will be covered by your 250+ L50 members, right? But my question still stands - why would RoI even be on the rotation? They didn't kill any of the 4 bosses, pre-revamp, that are on the rotation. And bees/EoV were all a matter of keys for a large number of guilds (and you know it), and the pre-revamp bosses were all a matter of guilds out-racing TL (and sometimes Apok, and a couple other times Rosen during the day) (and you know it)....

So, why was the initial rotation not just TL, Apok, and Rosen? There was no reason RoI or RoE (or anyone else) should have even been on it...

Pre-revamp mobs don't count for squat and you know it. RoP could have killed any pre-revamp mob (as could about 30 other guilds) if they had the chance - but you see, we weren't given the chance...because other guilds could get more folks on at the times the mobs spawned and killed it - and we accept that.

If you go 4/4 from now on - great! I'm genuinely happy for you guys (and anyone else that can do it). However, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but now that other guilds have been allowed to discuss the things that can affect their gameplay (i.e. the new suggested rotation), there's a good chance you guys might just have to play by the new rules. After all - I don't remember RoE or Apok coming to all the other guilds (and RoE full well knew RoP was capable - remember us farming Spiroc Lord pre-revamp and you guys came along and we shared? of doing some raiding if given a chance). I certainly didn't get any tells from you or Dojii asking for my input...pretty sure you didn't ask anyone else either.

But that's because you had some arbitrary system in your head that "only people who killed bees (or EoV, whatever) should have a say" which is what could be the downfall of the rotation you currently have.

Guess we will see which side DB ends up siding with - the one where 4 guilds are on a rotation, only 2 of which clearly voted for the rotation rules, one which was considering, 1 which clearly said NO, but DB stated that was the starting rotation...or the new one where other guilds had input and has a majority of involved guilds voting yes. And no, I'm sorry - but if the guild that said they couldn't have someone present for the meeting because they were raiding, well, 1 person does not make a raid...and both RoE and Apok should have had more than enough where they could have an officer present. So that needs to stop being an excuse.
    Evony and Lowbrow67 like this.
  20. Constellation Augur

It's not difficult to get onto the current rotation, kill the Gate keeper. Logging and killing a god is easy, logging in and killing a god with 100+ TL and 40-50% of that force being mages - is just asinine.