Race and Class Combo Clash: Round One

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draego Augur

Big head............. itty bitty brain......... LOL
  2. Tarrin Augur

When were DEs ever "good" and free and proud?
    From the beginning weren't they twisted? The HE queen/king were kidnapped, tortured, twisted, turned into DEs, and from that point on they were what they were? I may have mangled something here or there.

I am genuinely curious if there is citation to back this up, as I would be interested to learn.
  3. Draego Augur

Journal of Aataltaal
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=24694
    Jul 07 2006 at 5:26 AMRating: Decent

HaggerBeast
    10 posts
    This journal correlates with the new lore that is being written in the Everquest books. Aataltaal is the featured character from the book 'Ocean of Tears'. For people who are into EQ lore this is a fun little piece.

Edited, Jul 7th 2006 at 6:27am EDT by HaggerBeast

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/everquest-ii-stewart-wieck/1006324373?ean=9781593150297

More About This Book
    Overview

The glory of the great elven city of Takish Hiz is no more, victim to the evil god innoruuk's foul blot. A gruesome piece of Norrath's history, the elves' flight from the destructive wrath of the gods ended in disaster--and gave the Ocean of Tears its name. But one ageless being who witnessed the horror and survived that terrible journey swore an oath to exact revenge for this savage annihilation of an innocent people. He will assume many guises and wear many faces- orc shaman, human oracle, even emperor of the great Combine Empire itself--as he pursues his quest. Across the Ocean of Tears and beyond...for an eternity, if necessary...until he takes his vengeance upon Innoruuk.
  4. Calamty New Member

I think the Dark Elf Paladin idea it would diffidently be a great addition..many people like DE and would love to have a chance to play one that could travel through neutral areas. I would change one of my characters for this class. Sounds like a cool idea.
  5. Devinerain New Member

If you going ta make a Dwarf SK then why not a Dark Elf Paladin.
  6. Tarrin Augur

Maybe I am missing something. Where are the dark elves living in peace, proud, good, etc?
    The Takish Hiz elves were not Dark Elves. The Dark Elves come from good people, but were never good themselves once they came into being..is how I understand it. I am not a lore pro, just someone who enjoys reading about it when I have the time, so maybe I am just off.
  7. Draego Augur

You asked for a citation..... citation given ... don't ask for something if you are unwilling to follow it all the way through (ie. go read the book and you will have the lore you seek)
  8. Tarrin Augur

Based on the synopsis of the book, there is no reason for me to read it :\
  9. Draego Augur

Since you appear incapable of having followed the first set of links and want everything handed to you on a silver platter I have taken the time to find you this link. I have even went one step further and even posted the exact information you will find by following the link.

http://everquest.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Elf
    Dark elves are one of the three known ancient elf races, one of the oldest on Norrath. They are known by the elf word, Teir'Dal, a word meaning "elf of the abyss." They have existed for ages in the dark underworlds of Norrath, and are the children of Innoruuk. It is said that Innoruuk, as part of his retribution against the gods that did not invite him to create a race on Norrath as part of their pact against Veeshan, kidnapped the leaders of Tunare's creations, the first elven king and queen, and tortured them over the span of 3000 years, tearing them apart and rebuilding them in his own twisted image. Whatever their true origins may be, there is no doubt that the dark elves have embraced Hate as a guiding force in their lives. Hate, when disciplined, can make one strong and focused. When inspired in others, it can be a means to corrupt and control them. The practice of necromancy (magical power over death and the dead), which the Teir'Dal see as Innoruuk's gift to their race, is very much at the core of their culture.

Me thinks one is lacking in conviction, if one is still missing something now.
  10. Tarrin Augur

So, according to what you posted there..Dark Elves were evil from the moment they were created, and didn't seem to have a good/proud era.
  11. Draego Augur

Look you do not want to read the book, so you are missing the lore. If you are unwilling to seek the information when it has been provided to you as to where to find it then live in your ignorance.

The brief synopsis of the lore that is provided at that link is nothing compared to the lore of the book. The primary character of the book is a Dark Elf who remembers their past and seeks to avenge it. SO yes at one point (whether as true Dark Elves or as their precussor race) they were apparently good.

I am now done with responding to you.
  12. Geroblue Augur

I don't see why all of the race/class combos in the survey couldn't be done.
    Zerkitty likes this.
  13. Zerkitty New Member

2 thoughts on this...This is where racial differences would have been better kept or tweeked. All races should be able to do all classes, with racial / alignment / religious adjustments OR if we must go with a selected one or few, no adding a type of priest to a race. Also, no more plate or silk classes, they far outbalance chain and leather already. I would prefer a new monk race firstly and beserker second.
  14. Zerkitty New Member

My top votes would be in no particular order...Halfling Monk, Halfling Berserker, Vah Shir Monk, Iksar Berserker, Little to no faction, alignment religious worries with each. Easy role play with only the Halfling Berserker out of place, but it's too fun an idea to omit.
  15. Garshok Augur

No gnome monks?
  16. Vtull Augur

All races should be able to choose all classes. Ignoring the fact that in a fantasy world anything is possible, race/class restriction is tantamount to insert your favorite ism here (racism, genderism, ethnicisms, etc.).
  17. Tarrin Augur

Wow..Vah Shir Druid has pulled out ahead of the initial DE Ranger surge.
  18. eci2000 Lorekeeper

There are several classes that can be added to Froglok. The boring obvious of the half elf cleric is missing. An Iksar Beserker makes sense.

If you add BL to either the Gnome or WE, then where are their shaman? The Gnome pet would be a joke I think.

The VS druid (and eventual ranger) follow which faith?

A Delf ranger needs to be followed by a druid (maybe a play through the Unkempt Druids would work). If they could start a separate druid/ranger faction in game, then we could see the Trolls being druids and rangers as well I think via Cazic Thule or some other faction and faith of the Unkempt Druids that humans and half elfs could follow as well. This could be fun.
  19. Tarrin Augur

I am just not convinced that it is good for 1 player/race combo that a ton of additional lore will have to be made up out of no where for it to work...and even then it is questionable. Why would Cazic Thule and Inny want his followers to protect nature and its creatures? As I understand it, the Unkempt were mostly more wild/rustic..not necessarily evil.
    Either make the picks fit the lore or break away completely and make everything all/all.
  20. eci2000 Lorekeeper

I only think of Cazic Thule (if Unkempt can't be developed) because of this:

[IMG]

CT is a stretch and I never understood this affect but my shaman had it. But it was related to animals and I could see an evil spin to it. Just looking for some semblance of continuity. The Unkempt could lead into a future expansion I think.

Here's hoping at another year!
    Muuadib likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.