Race and Class Combo Clash: Round One

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mithrandyr Augur

I'm lazy. Which race doesn't have an illusion clicky? Off the top of my head, I would have guessed Drakkin but they just introduced one.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They did what's it called?
  3. Mithrandyr Augur

4. Gobbie New Member

What I think would be cool is if instead of making every race have a certain graphic for a pet ie the cats, turtles, gators, wolves what have you, and I know they have done this in like WoW and I believe Guild Wars, but allow the beastlord to use different "animal" type mobs for their pets, make them actually go out to pick the pet they want similar to the Mage pets, some pets are better in certain situations than others and certain pet lines can have different bonuses or detractors. That said the only original deals on that list would be the Vah Shir druid for lores sake and the Beastlord choices. I would bet at the moment at least that the tree on its current side will have the Bard as the final choice. For that matter if this is supposed to be like a tournament set up why aren't we able to vote on both sides at the same time? March basketball time would be extremely extended if they would have to wait for the north, east, south, and west sides to take turns playing each weekend.
  5. gcubed Augur

Troll is the only racial illusion clicky that cannot currently be obtained in game.
    There was the one per server clicky from the war when the Trolls took back Grobb. There were a few hours where Ye Old Ugly Stick was available on the Marketplace. Rogues have a Troll illusion AA (those AA's are an abomination, IMHO) but there is no clicky that you can get now.
  6. Falos Augur

If they ever put the rogue illusion in a more obtainable way back into EQ I reallly hope the devs copy the ROGUE version of troll illusion.

Illusion potions + limited time market clicky + enchanter troll illusion all comes with 1 hp regen that does not stack with overhaste clickies making it mostly useless

Me personally I want an illusion that makes me look like an OLD model ogre universally even with 'new' models turned on. I'd love for an illusion of those old school ogres from the hills of shade instances.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

8. Rollen Journeyman

Was hoping Human shaman and or berserker would be available. Humans should be able to be any class!
  9. Caudyr Augur

Yes, all elves go back to Takish'Hiz, but...the dark elves were taken from there and twisted over the course of a long period time. I just can't see a complete faction of Dark Elves suddenly forsaking Innoruuk, because it wouldn't surprise me if Innoruuk would take them and smack them against a wall 100000000000000000 times if they did so. :p

Either way, I just can't agree with that notion, personally.
  10. Rainbowdash Augur

I honestly hope that at least 2 make it not just one (I'm excluding the Froglok Monk because there was no voting on that.). I'm really hoping Vah Shir Druid and Gnome Beastlord tbh.

Two biggest issues with this are making ANYTHING Bard/Rogue (permanent illusion and illusion clicks for everything...*shrug*) and adding Dark Elf Ranger (Come on....allllll the Drizzt variations? Really?)
    Caudyr likes this.
  11. Koutarou Elder

Any bets on how long before the first whine thread that someone's class-specific armor charm went down in stats because of addition of a second class on a piece of gear?
  12. yozhik New Member

WHY no Gnome Monk? WHY????? its famous think ever!
    its so fun comics line here for all old school players.
  13. Feradach Augur

From a lore perspective, what sense does a dark elf bard make? The inkies like Mistmoore. Mistmoore hates music. Why in the heck would a DE ever be a bard?
  14. Tarrin Augur

There were zero dark elves, until Inny took 2 of the Takish Hiz elves, mutilated them, tortured them, broke them down and rebuilt them how he wanted them. Zero. There is no mythical "good" DE city, because there was never a "good" DE to begin with. From their very inception they were "evil" and filled with hate. They did not naturally evolve from the Takish. They were created. From their very creation, they were filled with hate. DEs weren't given a choice to follow Inny. Some didn't vote yes and others no. They were created to follow him.

Nothing you posted even hints that there may have been "good" DEs or even the chance.
  15. Tarrin Augur

Typically, all cultures have music.

Mistmoore hating music has no correlation on the city of Neriak having music.
  16. code-zero Augur

If you go to Neriak Third Gate you can find a dive bar called The Maiden's Fancy with table dancing strippers....
  17. code-zero Augur

Gnome Monks were a throwaway gag in a dead webcomic. They weren't even that funny at the time either
  18. SaderakhBertox Augur

The fact that any race can start in Crescent Reach changes everything. All culture and religion comes from your family and geographical location. In lore, how many races popped into being as fully trained adults? If you were born and raised in Crescent Reach, even just a few generations, it completely changes your formative years. Dark Elves, Wood Elves, High Elves, and so on all mingle from the beginning. It's a melting pot.

That's how I justify in my head that if a Dark Elf wants to be a bard, or a ranger, than so be it, lol
  19. Everstorm Augur

20. Chikiko New Member

The first part of this statement makes no sense. What in Brells nature would allow them to be a SK? The same thing that is in his nature to allow Goblons and Gnolls to be SK and other "evil" classes. There is nothing Inate about Brell that makes him good. He is one of the purely neutral gods in the game. His big concern is the underground, he doesn't care if his subject are Good, Evil, or just Neutral.

The latter part of your statement however i will agree with. Dwarves aren't known for being all that evil so it does seem a bit out of left field for them to be getting a SK class. Though They have rogues and you see them in unsavory situations. So maybe it's not that all much of a stretch to think that some of these unsavory Dwarves may turn to the dark side for more power.

I also don't see how protecting nature and being evil are mutually exclusive. In today's world we have Eco terrorist. Dark Elves homes are in a forest and underground. Just because they are "evil" is no reason they can't want to protect their home and respect the the power that is nature. Another in game example are the unkempt druids and followers who are hardly on the good/nice on the alignment scale.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.