Race and Class Combo Clash: Round One

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roshen Brand Manager

By: Ry “Roshen” Schueller
    [IMG]

For the epic 15th Anniversary we’ll be adding a new race and class combination to EverQuest and we wanted to include YOU in this decision! To do this, we’ll be running a multiple round event, where players can vote daily for the race and class combinations that they want to see.

Let your voice be heard! Check out what options there are for you to vote on this round:

Dark Elf Bard vs. Erudite Rogue

The Teir’Dal race recognizes music’s potency, and its value to enhance their dark endeavors. Will that make a Dark Elf Bard a superior choice to an Erudite Rogue?

Outmaneuvering and out-thinking your enemies requires true intelligence and quick thinking. Erudites could bring quite a lot to the rogue business.

Dark Elf Ranger vs. Vah Shir Druid

It is only natural that classes with a connection to the environment around them leave their home cities to explore all the new places being discovered in far off lands. It is known to all Teir’Dal Rangers that nature is most powerful in the dark corners of the world.

On the other hand, Vah Shir Druids have a strong connection to nature, the planet and all of its protectors. Which of these champions of the environment would you like to see in-game?

Players have until the start of the next round to vote on these match ups.

Round Two’s Match Ups (Dec 12 - Dec 18, 2013)

Wood Elf Beastlord vs. Gnome Beastlord
    Iksar Berserker vs. Dwarf Shadow Knight

Head on over to the combo clash page to learn even more about this event and to vote on what race and class combination you want to see added to the game on EverQuest’s 15th Anniversary on March 16, 2014!
  2. Axxius Augur

I hope the name filter bans all possible variations of "Drizzt Do'Urden". :rolleyes:
    Just say No.
    Momentum, Tarrin and Mykaylla like this.
  3. Axxius Augur

Oh, and that voting page doesn't work. In the upper-right corner it always displays the standard 'Sign In' or 'Join Free' links. After signing in, all other pages on everquest.com show your account but not the voting page. Tried in 2 different browsers, reloaded the page, etc. - nope, still shows as not signed in.
  4. Thistleborn New Member

1. Dark Elf Ranger - Who doesn't see that coming ?
    2. Gnome Beastlord - clockwork pets anyone?
    3. Iksar Berserker or Dwarf SK or Vah Shir Druid - kind of tied

Not really deciding, these are my best guess what the winner will be or good runner up. Dark Elf bard...come on, the mask has been around the longest so it isn't even a contender.
  5. Nocturnus Elder

Just one? And simply to try to build a marketing thing out of it?

Totally missed opportunity.

This was a chance to really throw the doors open and give people who have that strong connection to their race of choice a chance to build a plethora of different classes, seating them in the game longer.

Instead we get this.

Color me disappointed. :(
    Muuadib and beryon like this.
  6. Koutarou Elder

7. Machtu New Member

I agree. No Gnome Monks = What's the point?
  8. strongbus Augur

should be gnome everything we are so powerful
  9. Koneko Augur

Nocturnus
    maybe they will take my idea and make all the rest race class combos be unlockable with SC
    who knows just wait and see how things happen
  10. Koneko Augur

Axxius I think most of the drizzt names have already been taken I have been seeing it as a name for years so don't think it matters
    Sinestra likes this.
  11. Raluden Elder

Seriously Sony, you managed to disappoint again by not even knowing your own lore.

A DE Ranger is completely contradictory. They are protectors of nature as much as druids. How in the world does this suit a worshipper of Innoruuk?

The dwarf SK is the same thing. There is nothing in the Brell nature to support this, and you are turning dwarves evil for the first time in the history of the game?

Come on guys...

The Vah Shir druid was a nice choice. I was kind of hoping for a Wood Elf shaman so I could have a small race shaman for once. But at least the Iksar zerker is in there.
  12. Abazzagorath Augur

Complete fail on class/race choices. Seriously. Bard and Rogue bracket is dumb, it will lose against anything else considering both classes can already be any race they want with illusions that are mostly easy to get. We all know dark elf ranger is going to beat anything vah shir. Dorf SK makes no sense, so if we're breaking molds then why no out of tune things like:

Barbarian paladin
    Barbarian SK
    Barbarian Monk
    Ogre Monk
    Troll Ranger
    Troll Cleric
    Erudite Berserker
    etc

Its pretty obvious that its going to come down to dark elf rangers and iksar beserkers, and then its a question of how many people want to pretend to be drizzt without getting the old mask.
    beryon likes this.
  13. Abazzagorath Augur

Oh, and why wasn't there an in game poll made that listed every current race/class combo that doesn't exist and asking us to vote, THEN take the top 8 choices for this thing?
    beryon likes this.
  14. Parts Journeyman

No high elf necro? bah. I thought they were going to open up all race/class combos based on what they said at the fanfaire thing, boooo.
  15. Tsolaes Elder

How could you not have Gnomish Monk in there???
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Gnome Monks, Vah Shir mage or any caster class, iksar enchanter, etc. Just like with Drakkins mostly meh. Drakkins should have looked like Dragorns instead & this should have had more combos to choose from that the PLAYERBASE voted on from all down to 8 then make those 8 or even 4 instead of just 2. You're losing out on yet more chances to make money via SC because of short sightedness & corporate overlords not letting the Devs be creative & have more say in the game they make. /smh Smed must hate EQ!
  17. Opttimus New Member

1. froglok mage please
    2. gnome beastlord with clockword pet would be dope
    3. Ogre druid <------ badass!
  18. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

The other obvious one was a Vah Shir monk. Been waiting for one of those since Luclin came out. Cat-like reflexes, etc. Yes, there's a beastlord, but that was the vah shir signature, and doesn't sound nearly as cool, clearly, lol.
  19. Falos Augur

As someone previously said those erudite rogue and dark elf bard choices kinda fail since both classes are 'illusion classes' making the whole race thing pretty insignificant for them.

I predict that dark elf ranger wins the entire thing just simply because of how overplayed the entire class is in all of eq I dont want that combo to win personally but I am willing to bet it does.

I actually think one of the two beastlord combos deserves to win the most because that will bring the most unique experience to the game of all the choices (an entirely new warder to look at for beastlords, a warder that you cannot get via petamorph wand illusions. I actually thought gnome beastlord would be cool at first but now i'm hoping wood elf beastlord wins the entire thing because a treant warder actually would be pretty cool depending on the model they use.
  20. Raluden Elder

This thread also makes me sad and angry due to the WTF Comics use. He dragged that strip out for years and now seems to have abandoned it, leaving the storyline hanging. I feel like I wasted a decade following him for no conclusion.

But that's another issue. Just let me have a Ikky zerker.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.