Race and Class Combo Clash: Round One

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duo13 Elder

didn't they do something like this in Star wars ?
    look how well that went..... :eek:
  2. Uxtalzon Augur

They completely avoided casters and monks because so many races don't have a robe graphic, both classic and current models. Only one priest, the rest are hybrid or pure melee pairings. Hrmmmm.

I have no interest in playing any of those classes up for voting.
  3. Symbius Augur

Well this turned into a complete joke pretty fast. Something that could have been exciting falls flat on its face.
    beryon and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  4. Caudyr Augur

Except dwarves have been able to be zerkers from day one, and they aren't really one of the 'strong' races...though they're definitely more 'stout' and 'hardy'. I can see what you're saying...I just can't agree with it cause of dwarves. ^^
  5. Phrett Augur

Not that it would be an exciting addition, but honestly I'm surprised human wasn't an option for berserkers. You know, seeing as how part of real life human history is where the concept of a "bera serkr" came from... but I digress.

Back on topic: *ahem* GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE :mad:
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Draego Augur

Dark Elf Bard - OK this is definitely an understandable decision, D.E.'s having been Rogues (true master of stealth and disquise) since EQ began, very easily could have infiltrated all the other races that can be Bards and learned their secrets while pretending to be a very poorly singing or instrument playing Bard in training. This would fit in with EQ lore, even though with the current lore concerning D.E.'s

Just to clarify you did mean that Dwarves (and all Zerker races) have been able to be Zerkers since GoD expansion and not from beginning - since Zerkers didn't come into play until the GoD expansion.

And back to my point the ONLY race that actually has the benefit of learning to be ANY class would be the Drakkin since they host every class in their city. Just makes sense the Drakkin should be listed for:

Drakkin Beastlord - half of the base class already utilized (Monk) and there is a Shaman guild master there to complete the training.

Drakkin Zerker - granted Drakkin may originally be Humans; however they are enhanced by Dragon's Blood, so this could fit into lore as well.

Drakkin Shaman - well they do already have a trainer there......

Still SOE shouldn't limit this to a single Race/Class combo addition... I feel they should add at least 1 new class to EVERY race.
    beryon and Zheros like this.
  7. bearforce1 Lorekeeper

i stop looking as soon as I say dark elf ranger. I voted against it, but it will be the winner, hands down.
  8. Orcen Elder

Where is the Troll/Necromancer combo (my favorite).... or as a second choice.. the Ogre/Magician
  9. Silv Augur

Druid shouldn't be an option with ANY new race as anyone with a bit of sense would never make a Druid in the current game. Luckily I don't see any chance for the VS Druid to beat DE Ranger.

I like DE Ranger but that is mostly because I'm a DE myself. After that, I kindof like the WE BL idea in the next round.

Bard vs. Rogue is LOL given illusions/perma illusion AA.

How these "choices" were made is a tad mind-boggling. It's really like they just used the RNG to pick most of them aside from a few "popular" combos over the years (e.g. DE Ranger, Gnome anything). Disappointing overall I think for something that could have been really awesome.
    beryon likes this.
  10. Haloek New Member

I will totally be voting for Wood Elf Beastlord as champ:cool:
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Would be nice to know what the beastlord pets would be for gnome and wood elf if they happened to win.
  12. IGiveYouCash Lorekeeper

I just wanted to see humans open on all classes, no reason a human could not be a Beastlord, Berserker, or Shaman.
    drelk001 likes this.
  13. drelk001 New Member

We should do like a march madness thing :p my bracket would look kinda like :DEF/Ranger VS DEF/Bard,wood elf/BST VS ikky/zerker championships:DEF/Ranger, W.elf BST with the DEF ranger win :)
  14. Dpain New Member

I would really like to see humans get access to spiritual magic ( shaman, beastlord ) and I think all races benefit/maintain racial culturally significant songs so bard should be allowed to every race. The troll song about cooking gnomes with froglok legs that is sung while striping meat for communal stew , dwarven brawdy bar room jives that inspire epic tavern brawls. Every race has its heroes and villians that can be made into song that inspire or demoralize.
    beryon likes this.
  15. TheFallenOne New Member

I was excited when they first announced that new race/class combinations were being implemented, but this is pathetic. They should have had a poll to submit your favorite combinations and then done the bracket voting. They also shouldn't have, frankly, wiped their butts with established racial lore. The dark elf ranger, which will almost undoubtedly win, is the most obvious option out of left field; rangers are set up in EverQuest as a good-aligned class. That said, I don't necessarily have a problem with one dark elf ranger as an outcast NPC hiding in Freeport or somewhere, but I shouldn't see dozens of them running around the Plane of Knowledge. The gnome beastlord is the other problem for me; we all know gnomes don't particularly care about the natural world so I wouldn't expect to be running into many gnome beastlords.
    beryon likes this.
  16. Draego Augur

Since everyone keeps bringing up lore into the discussion let's address a missing Dark Elf option.

Dark Elf Paladin - simply put Dark Elves can be Warriors and Clerics, Paladin is the combination of both the Warrior and Cleric professions. While it goes completely against lore in the aspect of the absolute followers of Inny, there could be the faction out there that remembers the days of being a free and proud people before their race became subjected to multiple attrocities. This small faction very well could have been hidden away, until the time was right for them to reveal themselves (TAKE A HINT SOE DEV's - create a new starting city as well, Dark Elf good version similar to that of the Paineel offshoot).
    Zheros likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Someone forget Vah Shir are agnostic ?
    Draego likes this.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Voting is bugged, I've voted 4 times already today...

This should have been an in game poll, with 1 vote on all combos.
  19. Zheros Lorekeeper

I could get behind this idea as well....

I get where you are coming from with the comparison to the Paineel storyline. Also reminiscent of the Guktans adding Dark classes to their race.

Hopefully SOE will pay some attention to what has been said here by a lot of people.

The Race/Class combo I am having the hardest time with in the first round is Erudite Rogue...... since when did Erudites dumb themselves down to the point of utilizing a non-casting class whatsoever. It would have been more prudent to insinuate that the Erudites would incorporate Shaman and Beastlords before turning to complete barbarity.
    Draego likes this.
  20. Draego Augur

Thank you..... that was going to be my next harping point.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.