Prison Server Mega Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Source?
  2. Burdi Augur

That could vary depending the server.
    Based on an educated guess, close to that on FV.
    Probably more on rizlona.
    Don’t know on other one.
    But i would be positive to any measure that gives opportunity to mod users to play as they intend.
    Whatever it is called.
    Provided that it behaves like a normal server on other regards.
    I am open to something like free trade pvp.
    As long as you have some level of support.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  3. Bardy McFly Augur

I agree it's quite popular on FV. I'm here, know what it looks like and see it often (not in AFK mode though with few exceptions). I was also on Rizlona and it was pretty heavily used at least early on. Can't speak to now because I quit mid Kunark era.

I'd be totally fine with transferring off FV to new said server, whatever the name ends up being. That's why I said the new server should have FV ruleset, so it's not a problem for anyone transferring willingly to it. Otherwise this solves nothing for FV if they're trying to clean up all currently existing servers.
    Burdi likes this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

You're asking if people would be forced to go there?

It's called a prison server...
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I'm okay with DP transferring verified cheaters to a prison server. Let them play there and DP can continue collecting their subs to pay for the game we all enjoy...and honest players are separated from the cheaters works for me!
    Benito and Bardy McFly like this.
  6. Go Take A Nap Augur

Ya, imagine your in a guild on live that had leisure 3rd party use for the past 10 years or Rizlona for the past 2 years. You log in one day and you are on a "prison server". Thats a cancelled sub for sure. Why would you play there without your friends and guild mats?

Then you have the large boxing teams that enjoy just farming for kr for the next tlp wave. There is an incredibly small minority of poor actors in this group. Those folks are not guilded by any progression guild and typically just do their own thing. Moving those players to these servers ALSO means a cancelled sub. They would not be interested in playing there because typically they are just looking to horde kr or platinum.

Either scenerio results in the same basic problem. They reroll more characters on the good servers and continue. Each time they tend to become less and less disruptive and hide away in some random zone most players dont go to.

Prison server idea wont work. Endorsing Rizlona or a live version is the best idea, but it wont solve every issue you people are focused on.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You can ask your friends and guild to join you on the prison server.

They just can’t engage in the larger markets or participate in expansion or raids exactly on Live release date.

To be clear, I would prefer a more aggressive ban policy. But if Daybreak has no political will to ban (other than sparingly) but only impose the “slap on the wrist” known as 7 day suspensions, then a prison server may be a long term solution.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

To be clear. Does anyone actually think there will ever be a "Server of the Damned" EQ players? It is an intriguing idea, but it's about as likely me becoming a member of a best dressed list or winning a lottery grand prize. It ain't going to happen.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I definitely would prefer that Daybreak articulate a ban policy. For instance, Daybreak could institute a 3-strike rule.

3 suspensions = ban. No appeals.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  10. Truetotheblue Augur

They had it in EQ2, so not entirely out of the realm of possibility.
    Deux and Benito like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Krono by design are not bound to any server or game and are available at the account level for everything. It would be impossible to restrict krono to a single server.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I didn't know that. You are right. It is called Drunder. From a 2020 CS article:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...is-the-EverQuest-II-prison-server-of-Drunder-
    Bardy McFly and Deux like this.
  13. Go Take A Nap Augur

I will not be at risk for such a participation. My voice here is break down your thought process and analyze from more than your biased perspective. My thoughts is this is a one sided idea from a biased position and you have been largely unable to answer my questions that challenge it.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Turns out EQ2 already has a prison server:

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...is-the-EverQuest-II-prison-server-of-Drunder-
  15. Truetotheblue Augur

I would actually contest this. There's an often shared chat between Holly and DW about Riz/Ara launch cycle and one of the options they polled that group on was Krono/No Krono. None of us fully know the technical limitations. However, if they're going to ask that option in a focused setting like that it would make me think it's possible in some manner.
    Benito likes this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure how much faith I would put in that when krono are account bound and there is a big difference between making a server that doesn't allow krono and one that krono earned on it can only be used there.
  17. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

In Kaladim, square headed drunk midgets are actually thought of as quite dashing by the bearded ladies there....so I think there's a chance!
    Benito likes this.
  18. Truetotheblue Augur

Sure, and you're welcome to form your own opinion on it. But I think more the point is you're making large assumptions and stating it would be impossible to do something when you don't know for sure. None of us know what DPG is technically capable of doing with it. I think they have more capability to restrict them than we're led to believe, and that conversation supports that assertion.
    Benito likes this.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For starters how would you determine if a krono you had in your UI was bound to a server or could be used anywhere? Also how would you go about buying one that was limited to that server (and why would you in the first place)
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You are a wizard.