Prison Server Mega Thread

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Player support for banning cheaters is high.

The question is whether Daybreak has the political will to enact an aggressive ban policy.

If they won't ban, the burden shouldn't fall on rule-abiding players (the majority of players) to accept the consequences.

In a just world, Daybreak would announce a 3-strike rule (3 suspensions = 1 permanent ban) tomorrow.
  2. Go Take A Nap Augur

You are framing this in a way that benefits you. At the same time you are trying to move a large part of the player base to another server so you can avoid boxers. Its much easier for you to just go to a server that is truebox no?

Were back to talking about banning cheaters.. How many threads must you make? Can you stay on one topic per post please?
    Vumad likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

We are talking about botters (full automation or partial automation not solely key broadcasting).
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I was asked not to post in the other threads because it would be considered derailing.

You are free to ignore my thread and keep your responses in the other threads.
  5. Zilkress Journeyman

I think you overestimate the VOCAL Minority!
    Vumad, MacDubh and Elvenphox like this.
  6. Go Take A Nap Augur

Your title was regarding a prison server was it not? Im here to voice my opinions toward that topic. You have a hard time staying in one lane but advocate for others to do it.
    Vumad likes this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And you know that they start at 7 days and it gets longer each time they suspend them.

Strange, I seem to recall you complaining about the same topic being brought up in multiple threads.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Supporting creating a server that allows cheaters to play and improve on their programs with no fear of bans sure sounds like supporting cheating to me.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

So you want me to post a new thread entitled 'Daybreak should enforce a 3-strike rule (3 suspensions = ban)' to keep things subjectively clean? No, this is enough threads for the day/week.
  10. Go Take A Nap Augur

No, but i think you came up with the best idea in the ladder. I agree with you 100%
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I 100% support bans. When I posed the same question to you, you responded with an ambiguous hedge. (Obviously, you support the "slap on the wrist" known as 7 days suspension while keeping ill-gotten power and wealth).

Your reponses getting to the point of actual trolling.

I have been respectful and constructive to your opinion thus far. Please move on if you are repeating the same lines of attack (personal provocation). You are adding nothing to the discourse.
  12. Bardy McFly Augur

You keep saying this yet I don't think you realize just how far advanced that community is. They've actually developed a server that is more efficient and more stable than the actual live servers. This game is probably the most reverse engineered game ever created. They don't even need the live servers at all to work on and do what they do. So your point is.. pointless.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

100% support bans yet you keep making posts suggesting that they stop bans and move the cheaters to a cheater server?

Personally I just prefer that they take the needed action against the accounts and not give them a server that allows them to cheat and improve cheat programs.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Bardy McFly Augur

See my point above your post.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And we still get a few suggesting ways to make it easier for them and get Daybreak to accept cheating in the game by making a cheating server. The point is we don't need a special server for cheaters.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Fine. You supports bans. I support bans. We are a happy community.

I'll be sure to make my messaging on bans clearer in the future. This is the last prison server thread. Future threads will call for a more aggressive ban policy.
    MooseUhLeany likes this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You don't seem to support bans as you keep posting for a special server for the cheaters.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This thread was created because I am unsure of Daybreak's political will to enforce a more aggressive ban policy.

My next thread will advocate a 3-strike policy for cheaters. I won't post it today. You're welcome.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean the waves that have been hitting the servers about once a month recently?
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Suspension waves or ban waves?