Preincarnation Nerf = Harder Raids (Do Not Discuss Exploit!)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Fanra, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Add an item that requires 252 Forage to forage and returns mana on click with a recast timer. Make it a Mana-Infused Pod of Water.

Returns 5000 mana if under 15%, 10-15minute reuse.
    Daislet likes this.
  2. Tarrin Augur

Why should the scenario of having a druid healer ( vs having a shaman or cleric ) be the only time you must do this?

What justification is there that when a druid dies, only that casting based class must require that a variety of people hopefully have their mana return skills up and available to let that druid use?

I can't think of one reason why only druids ( out of casting based classes ) should be penalized so heavily.
    Xeladom and Rouan like this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

Except for everything he mentioned about Necromancers which is spot on.
  4. Rouan Augur

Yea, it stinks. The devs went mad giving it to everybody but us, realized it was kinda broken, then left us until they figured out what to do about it in 5 years.

Still trying to get SOMETHING though. Maybe one that only restores mana when you have some form of res effects on? At least it has no bearing on the a straight itself if their worry is increasing our dps. Only helps us get back to useful after dying.
  5. Daislet Augur

It's obvious that most of the people in this thread don't even use Preincarnation.
    The nerf is changing the total chance for Touch of the Divine to proc from 100% to 80%. If you were relying on a 100% chance for it to proc on your raids, then you are using it either for Rampage Tank purposes , holding open raids when you've wiped, or (worse) using it with buff blocking to tank mobs.
    Any other genuine and proper use of it - i.e you somehow gets adds on you briefly then it procs or gives you a chance to proc. That is a genuine use and for all intents and purposes the reason for it's creation. The change from 100% down to 80% sure is a slight change, but it's still a big 80% survival rate.
    And then we have Falos who wants it changed to 40% proc rate, but unlimited procs.
    For what purpose? You would have less than a 16% chance for it to proc twice in a row. Add a 3rd on and it's 6%. Who in their right mind would want that?
    The 80% overall rate + single chance for it to fire is perfect fine and still does what it's intended to do.

My post got deleted due to me accusing someone of trolling. Maybe someone who starts a post with misinformation, clearness that they don't even use Preincarnation or Tribute (2nd chance), nor posts which raids are affected or how they'll be affected isn't trolling - although I'm not sure what the point of their post is.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'd prefer it to be changed to a 1 hit limit proc but keep the 60% proc rate.

Sure it's a 100% rate, but the second it fires, it's gone. Functioning like a DI essentially.

The exploits like rampage tank and keeping raids open won't work because you won't be able to recast it while mobs are wailing on you.
  7. Falos Augur

The way I want it is the overall 80 percent chance to fire but with unlimited charges, it would increase overall longterm survivability but not to the extent that it could be blatantly exploited for god mode. When I said i wanted it put at 40 percent i was refering merely to the preincarnation AA buff (not factoring in the other abilities. It was a very needed nerf and I am glad to see the ability reduced from the current 100 percent chance but I very much like the "hit it and forget it" buff functionality that it currently has. 2 to 3 proc's in a row can be very handy in certain situations (but not sploity)
  8. Axxius Augur

It should have 9 counters for Vah Shir shamans. ;)
    Lenowill likes this.
  9. Coruth Augur

Easier Solution would be to nerf stacking on the Tribute.

Make them not stack.
  10. Daislet Augur

This is incorrect.

One Shaman could not keep the raid open. But 2 can. Each DA lasts for around 90secs. When DA is about to wear off, the 2nd Shaman just grabs aggro (which is simple because the first shaman is already DA'd) , his DA fires and the 1st Shaman can then recast his preincarnation and gets ready to take it back.

There other factors as well, involving pet classes, which I wont get into.
  11. Tarrin Augur

Next Upcoming Patch Prediction- When DA fires it puts a 5 min debuff of not having it fire again.
    Crystilla likes this.
  12. Edrick Augur

I was literally going to suggest something like that, although a bit sillier. Give druids an AA that consumes grubs and returns mana, with a cooldown timer of course. Everybody loves grubs.
  13. Gladare Augur

Slimy yet satisfying
    Robnie likes this.
  14. Noken_Xeg Journeyman

Saw this nerf coming from the moment preincarnation was given a 60% rate. Seriously, my routine pulling technique while running lesson would have otherwise involved my death - that's broken.

If devs would take class (im)balance issues seriously I'd be happy to point out blatant things like this via PM during beta, but they don't, so we may as well just be quiet and enjoy what works even if it's stupid, because frankly we were given absolutely nothing else of value.
  15. Coruth Augur

Shouldn't work like that more than one round. When DAed, mob loses agro so should summon the shaman and kill him before his .5 sec cast.
  16. Daislet Augur

And yet it does work.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The last part is so terribly true.

Druid spells:
    Remote Cold Nuke - It shares recast timer stupidly with our Fire Remote Nuke, which is superior in every way. Damage/Heal and Resist.
    Unity Self Buff - We asked for merged Ice debuffs... in RoF we got merged Ice DoT + level 1 Snare (two spells we NEVER use), and Adrenaline + short duration DS (so terribly mana inefficient). In CotF we get our self DS and self Mana Regen buffs... with 6 hour durations. Yea, saving us loading and casting 2 self buffs, instead we load and cast ONE! And they don't even have the benefit of sharing a single buff slot, they still take up two.
    AoE Fire Debuff - This is so fricken useless. The uses for this are so terribly minimal it is never used. I had to actually look up what the 3rd spell was cause I had forgotten it. That is how forgettable this is.

We got it pretty bad with spells in CotF.
  18. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This is incorrect.

DA lasts for exactly 60 seconds, firstly
    Secondly, this is how that would play out

Time=0 - Shaman A is DA
    Time=55 - Shaman B aggros and gets DA'd
    Time=60 - Shaman A DA is over, he immediately is returned to top of aggro list and summarily killed
    Time=120 - Shaman B dies.

Most raids are going to have multiple summoning mobs if you wiped to it. You likely will be immediately summoned after Shaman A's DA finally ends. There would be almost no time to recast Preincarnation. The timing would have to be impeccable with the Shaman's and anyone with that level of coordination wouldn't be wiping to the easymode raids of the last 2 expansions anyways.

If this is really a concern, a 90second recast on Preincarnation would fix that too.
  19. Falos Augur

The DA that triggers on my shaman lasts 1 minute 20 seconds, might be different for druids though i just assumed it was the same.
  20. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

Doesn't really matter anymore.
    With Summoning mobs going to be put in which will destroy a Druids ablity to solo effectivly at 100, Preincarnation being nerfed, No mana return ablity to recover quickly after a death coupled with being the most fragle priest class up there with the four INT casters.
    AND druids being one of the least desirable classes to group with this makes the Druid class in this game all but dead.

I just wished I had the foresight 14 years ago to see where the druid class would be today so as not to have my main be a druid LOL!

I am pretty conviced that the EQ Devlopers have a hate towards the druid class or they completely are just indifferent about the class.:(

I wish I could say or think something positive about it all but nothing comes to mind at this time.