Preincarnation Nerf = Harder Raids (Do Not Discuss Exploit!)

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Fanra, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Daislet Augur

1. Touch of the Divine lasts my Shaman 1min and 18secs. Maybe druids don't get the same level of buff extension.
    2. You are assuming that Shaman A and Shaman B have no way to fade aggro. They do. And then it's simply based on proximity aggro. Also, things like Hungry plague (viral slow), Malo's Totem still draws enough aggro to the caster.
    3. There are numerous other problems with a 100% chance of DA to proc.
    - AA's get reset - some example are Canni and Spirit Call.
    - There is a pet issues also when used in conjunction with it (think Morduar).
    4. Last but not least, because this is another big flaw. You can click off DA and recast Preincarnation B4 you take even another hit.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

1. Lol... I realized what's up. DA is 36s. SCM5 AA is 70% extension, which puts it at 60-61s. The Prolonged Salve AA increases HoTs 1 tic per rank or 3 tics or 18 seconds... I guess it works on DA giving you an extra 18s. Druids have no HoTs so we figured that AA useless since it doesn't work on our Activateable AAs... Guess it worked on Preincarnation though!
    2. They can fade but the DA shaman can't keep aggro, they are at the bottom of the aggro list when DA is up. So ShamanA tanks 70s, ShamanB gets DA proc, somehow Shaman A runs away and fades somehow getting out of aggro range. On paper it sounds great but often times you are getting chain summoned and cannot get out of aggro range enough for fade to work to allow you to recast Preincarnation. Even with a Malo totem or DoT ticking from the other shaman you will get reaggroed.
    3. AAs get reset? What? Never happens for Druids. Are you saying that when it fires Canni immediately repops?
    4. See 2. On paper sure. But most realistic raid situations you are getting chain summoned and this just won't happen.
  3. porky Augur

I keep seeing this. That druids take damage like an Int caster. This isn't true, their AC works it just works less than the other classes. The only AC that works on a druid is shield and buff AC. This is proven to me like every other day when my tank merc gets one rounded and then my raid geared druid with 9k AC gets splatted while my group geared chanter with 7800 AC turns around and tanks it down. The druid gets hit for "max" damage most the time even though the mob is debuffed, the chanter does not.
  4. malibu66 Elder

I'm pretty sure it's the indifference thing. Mistakes like releasing a cold based version of a fire nuke (Moonfire) and still being a fire based spell just shows careless cut and paste without even bothering to check their work - let alone test it.

Nearly every nerf that have hit Druids wasn't even aimed at them - Reptile, Winter's Flare, Summoning trash, preincarnation - and many more are just examples of nerfs aimed at fixing problems caused by other class issues, but hit Druid's harder than the intended target. IMO, Druid's are basically considered a filler class for lack of clerics and are not given much thought at all.
  5. Iila Augur

Druids have the same AC softcap as the INT classes. For all five of those classes, AC returns from non-shield items are only 20%.

Encs have roughly a million points of rune to help them survive and tank stuff. Druids have a couple .5s heals and a fade to do the same.
  6. porky Augur

Then explain how my group geared chanter with more than 1k less AC is able to take less damage than my raid geared druid. If you play your druid much you should of noticed you take "max" hits over and over again from the same mob. If you play another class you will notice you that there is a much greater variety in the amount of damage hits you take from mobs.
  7. Elenwyyi Augur

If you could prove that somehow with some parses... that would be super interesting.
  8. porky Augur

I wish i could on this computer but it has trouble running two EQs, a parser program with logs on would probably make it catch fire.
  9. Eodchip New Member

I do not recall Druids asking for the Preincarnation to be messed with. In my opinon it was working fine :). It is bad enough we rarely get anything as each expansion comes out. As many have mentioned, in this post and in others, a way to get mana back from a death on a raid would be a more viable thing to implement/change. Often times the cleric QM is down and we are left holding our you know what's as group members fade off in the distance cause we have no mana to heal them. A simple boost to mana after rez would be nice.

On a seperate topic, one thing I haven't been able to figure out and maybe someone can assist here is what's up with this Prolonged Salve AA? Says it extends the duration of heal-over-time spells. I haven't been able to find these spells. Do they even exist and if they do where are they? If they do not, then is this just another example of a typical useless AA druids get each expansion? Feel free to let me know.
  10. porky Augur

Yes prolonged salve is almost useless for us, the only thing it works on is the heal from our aforementioned preincarnation buff going off. From what I understood preincarnation was our work-around for being the easiest class to kill. The fact that they also gave it to shaman is just standard operations for how the devs give everything good to shaman.

Just last night in raid I die and get rezzed back in, just to watch myself and party die again due to having no mana to heal... The preincarnation nerf just makes the existing problem more of a problem. If they fixed the root cause of our death/mana concerns then the nerf to preincarnation would be completely justifiable.

Furthermore, if shaman had not been given this level of the buff, it probably wouldn't of been nerfed. It took this OP buff combined with their other OP/fast cast abilities to cause an exploitable problem. A druid with this buff is just less likely to die in raid, and really they aren't capable of doing much else.
  11. Iila Augur

It was 100% exploitable on druids and needed to be removed. We just couldn't solo raid mobs because we don't have an endless supply of mana like shamans do. I could only do about 20 million before running out of mana, out of the needed ~300 million.