Post your ideas for the planned UI Update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Feb 18, 2015.

1. segap Augur

I see no problem with people having to hit two buttons on their keyboard to play the game.
  2. Cone head Augur

Dynamic filtering.
    An INI to manually add what goes to what window. Name of chat window and what goes to it, along with a suppress as well.

petchat=kobober
    petchat=bobkins
    merchat=<merc name>
    suppress=chomp
    suppress=drank
    suppress=has fallen
    critchat=critical
    damage=melee
    damage=non-melee

Now the devs can eliminate the majority if not all of the chat filters and leave it up to the player to filter what they like.
    Pinecone likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

This thread should be mandatory reading for developers. I have much to say on the subject, but most of the main issues have already been pointed out.
  4. Grummy_NB Augur

I would like the hot bar items that show "not available" to be able to right click and it tells you what it was. yes I know that button is a mod rod and I don't have one.. but what was that one.. did I put something down, what happened. I hate the guessing game on a toon I haven't played in a while on what hot buttons were.

Change the raid window to show who is keyed and who isn't. The event knows, show us.
  5. Random_Enchanter Augur

Build a helmet /dive pod that we can put on / get into and use our minds to control what we want to do instead of relying on GUIs.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, that's the Inventory window. What I am talking about is the Item Display Window. They utterly ruined it when they revamped it to add heroics and some, then new, UI coding. There is so much hard coded into that window now you can barely modify it at all. On top of that we have 6 windows of them, and you would be lucky to be able to have 4 of them open without overlapping because of how ungodly huge the default is. I miss when the item display window looked like this.
    Well, I am betting that would take an extra bit of coding to add that feature, but you would already have to have the task for the raid window to be able to tell you such things. Also, I thought that the requester was given a list of people who did not meet the requirements when requesting a raid would fail because a member of the raid did not meet the requirements and pushes had been exceeded?
  7. moogs Augur

The item display window doesn't even fit on my laptop screen (1366x768). It's too freaking tall. It would be nice if it had a scroll bar, or if it could be resizable.
    Ferry-Tunare and Iila like this.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

Map Window update: I have been using Mappie but it crash a lot and I would rather do everything in game or with the .txt file. There is many possibility to be made with the map window even make some events out of it.

Button to open the map .txt file
    More Selection tools: Square Selection, Lasso, Lines etc
    Cut/Copy/Paste
    Flag labels
    More layers

Bank and Containers:
    Ways to change bags icon, colors, bag renaming anything that could help to know what goes where or what is where lol

Customized hot button by slot of 1 square

You can resize hotbutton and add icons allready. There is about 75 icons you can pick and add your custom one.
  9. moogs Augur

Would you mind posting a basic How To for this?
  10. Iila Augur

Hold right click on a social hotkey. Assign Icon lets you put an icon on there, Change Size lets you change the size.
    Pinecone and moogs like this.
  11. moogs Augur

I need to edit the icon for Vicious Rabbit to give him some fangs. It would be nice if that were one of the TGA files somewhere in the default UI. Unfortunately, it's probably fully dependent on the item graphic, which I can't modify.
  12. Riou EQResource

item graphics should be pulled from your dragitem ui files, believe they are in .dds format now, which should be modify-able with g i m p (remove space, silly filters) if you want a free graphic editor
    moogs likes this.
  13. moogs Augur

Oh, I didn't realize that they went to .dds. Thanks, that's helpful.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'd love the default interface to come with a small, unobtrusive icon to show a bright color like red or green when tribute and/or a power source is running, and grey/beige when it's not. Often find it easy to forget I left that stuff on and waste a lot of it accidentally.
  15. moogs Augur

Sheex, not sure if you realized it but they added a checkbox in General Options to automatically end tribute when you are AFK, such as when you fall asleep at your desk or are waiting for buffs while you're working on dinner. This was a welcome addition; I remember burning through nearly 50k points by mistake once.
  16. Ferry-Tunare Augur

It would be nice if the automatic turning off of tribute also turned off trophies tribute
    moogs likes this.
  17. moogs Augur

Good to make note of that.
  18. Brogett Augur

Achievements:
    • When viewing an achievement linked to group or guild, we need to be able to hop from their to our own copy of that achievement so we can see whether it is something we have done yet or not.
    • A search option within the achievement panel.
    • We already have a downward dependency graph of achievements: doing Hero of X requires achievements Y and Z. Could we get the other way around please? When displaying Y or Z indicate that this achievement also advances X.
    Items / stats:
    • When clicking on an item to get the stats display up, please provide a button to show the unauged / unpowersource version. This will allow us to compare loots easier and also to observe class requirements, whether prestige, etc.
    • Colour the stats which we have overcap (with the item if worn, without if it is not).
    • Show cap for all stats in inventory window (attack is missing, probably many more).
    • Break down AC stat into meaningful figures(!). The holy grail. :)
    There are probably more I could think of, but those are the most obvious I'd add to my own personal wishlist. Thanks. :)
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  19. Brohg Augur

There are 217 Spell icons, 20 Menu icons, and 7847 (no typo. seven thousand eight hundred and forty seven.) Item icons that you employ to customize your hotbuttons.
    moogs likes this.
  20. Chorus Augur

function keys f1-f6 already target group members without anything other than a keystroke. Tap it twice to get their pet.

Think this has been mentioned, but for my quick hit list:

1. necro/sk canni dot filter. Add bard regen aura to this filter to reduce spam.
    2. Mission/Raid emotes need to be removed from filter category 'other' and put into their own category. No reason group and raid versions can't share that filter.
    3. Give layout/sizing options to the extended target window. The default is awful. eqinterface does have a couple decent options for this, but would love to be able to make it much much smaller. Don't need full sized health bars and what not here. Current options don't allow it to be nearly small enough, and it contains a metric ton of wasted space.
    moogs and Ferry-Tunare like this.