Post your ideas for the planned UI Update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Feb 18, 2015.

1. JolineSZ Augur

A faction window, like there is one in EQ2, so you can see what your faction is.
  2. Kamea Augur

Buff management was mentioned in this thread, a feature that has been asked for over the years that'd be hard to code.

I have an idea for self only buffs that'd be easy to code and accomplish largely the same goal. Put a "cast on fade" filler buff on every self only click/buff that will cast a fake version of said buff with the same icon but a red box around it. Eg, Form of Endurance would cast Form of Endurance Fade, which would have the same icon + a red a box, but would give no stacks. Would simply be there to remind people to cast it. I don't know if it could be coded to land in the same slot that real buff was in, but that'd be ideal too.

==============

What really needs to be done to clean up EQ UI's is a modernized macro system. Anyone who's played WoW, Rift, or any more recent MMO (feel funny saying that with how old "modern" MMOs are) will know that EQ's macro system is archaic. If we had a proper macro system people could eliminate many hotbars from their screen.

If you're not familiar with how modern macros work, here's a summary of Rift's macro system:
    http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Macros_(Rift)

Not to count that many spells/discs/AA in EQ need to be condensed into single abilities to clean things up, but that's a different topic.
  3. Grummy_NB Augur

Not sure Im a fan of tabbed chat windows, seems that is just an excuse to not be paying attention and focusing on the wrong tab. Then again, that person can be wait listed.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fenudir like this.
  4. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

agree 10000%

i'd also like something somewhere that tells me my current parcel count so that i can tell at a glance before i log off if i'm over the max, or a secondary warning popup when i go to camp, hey, you're over your parcel limit, are you sure?
  5. Demin New Member

A option like viewing gear unmodified so you can view the stats on gear with out aug in it
  6. Pusur New Member

Can you for gods sakes add an option to prevent achievement/reward window from popping up automatically? Its really annoying to have a popup in your face when you are busy healing someone in the middle of a fight and the game decides to it all up to tell you that you won a god damn useless PLAYER FLAG. Seriously!

/rant off
    /best suggestion of the year for an UI update

And if there already is an option like that in game then im sorry for this lil blow out...
    Whitecloudx, Fenudir, adetia and 2 others like this.
  7. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Thats a good point. Quest reward windows shouldn't pop up if you are in combat, or at least be an option to do that :)
    Elricvonclief and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  8. Absor Developer

Yes... yes it is.

A
    Elricvonclief, Ratbo Peep and Nniki like this.
  9. Kravitz Augur

Chat filters - especially ones that are hard to parse that need their own message like dots and heal over time spells etc. Or ones that show up and wish you could turn off, pet spam, flurry spam , spell casts of others that still don't get turned off even though you turn it off under filters.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Why can't I /clear while dead?
  11. Famka Elder

What I do is make the quest reward window very small, or even minimized and move it to a corner of my screen where it wont bother me.
  12. trueheart Lorekeeper

pets need some ui work including pet inventory pet swap/what pets in summoned
  13. Vannie Journeyman

One of the big things I'd like to see added to the default UI is actual numbers displayed on the player window for hps, end, mana. The things that fluctuate at the very least. I'd love to be able to see AC at a glance, maybe attack or other things, but it's mostly about being able to see what's really going on with the three main statistics. People can still go to custom UI's for the other stuff as they need. I refuse to use the default UI because I want the numbers. Thinking back the argument was made that it's anti-immersion, but that boat has long sailed. Nobody at this stage in the life of the game doesn't pay attention to the numbers. Even melee battle spam gives numbers (which has made the anti-immersion argument kinda stupid from the beginning).

Trimming down the excess borders would be nice as I play on a laptop mostly, but I understand that's not everybody's problem. I run minimal type custom UI's because of this. Not a change high on my list, but something to think about.

Secondarily useful would be the availability of visible numbers for experience, aa experience, and number of AA's. Of lesser importance, but something that is variable and almost always used in "always open" windows by custom UI users.

I'm melee-centric, but whenever I play a caster I use custom UI's that integrate the names of the damn spells onto the spell window. I'm not chinese, I think in letters not symbols (and no I'm not disparaging the Chinese, don't be stupid). Same with the buff windows. Making new players memorize a bunch of symbols on top of things like figuring out what all these AA things accomplish isn't helpful.

Those are the kind of simple changes that would help new players, and that even old crusty players like me would find useful in the default UI.
  14. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Nothing. I'm sure they can find better things to do with their time. Players have made some good UIs already. No need for them to waste their time further on it. But that is just my opinion.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fenudir like this.
  15. Kollin Journeyman

You can do this already. Hold right click then select Assign Icon. After you have found the icon you want select it and click accept in the top right of the window. To remove the text simply right click on the hotkey again and select Assign Label. Delete everything and click Ok. All done. This will also work for a Bandolier hotkey as well.
    Nniki likes this.
  16. Arcos Lorekeeper

A save/restore button for character and account settings so they can be copied or backed up.

A face button for mercenary to pick the appearance you want - I imagine a dye button for them would not be supported by the npc armor but it would be nice.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  17. Toxn Lorekeeper

spell and melee crit % on stat tabs
  18. Bigbear Augur

would be nice to have an extra filter for ......others pet messages.... when i am parsing with my sk i cant see all the dmg that my mage's pet is doing and so it dont get counted
    Sancus likes this.
  19. Angahran Augur

I'd like a filter for other people taking damage from 'lich' type (hp to mana conversion) spells. Sitting in guild hall, or on raid and having half a dozen necro's and sk's spamming gets a little much, and I am an sk.
    Even if we could just filter it someplace different to regular spell damage that would be good.
    Maxe and Yinla like this.
  20. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've simply copied and pasted my list from http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Game_feedback#UI

Some of these might be outdated or obsolete or even actually implemented.
    • Players should have the option to toggle on/off Hover on death.
    • Incorporate the Rez box with the Hover box to allow a one-click option to accept a rez.
    • Increase the time on the Hover timer.
    • Update command for spell and hot key sets. This would allow you to change a current spell and hot key set without having to delete it and make another every time you want to change it.
    • A small graphic on the UI that indicates whether you are standing, sitting or FD.
    • A small graphic on the UI that indicates that you are levitating.
    • The Quest Journal, Shared Task tab should have a text box where you can enter a player's name and press an 'add to task' button. While you can currently use the /taskadd playername console command, it is time to move out of the DOS era and be able to do things using a GUI.
    • The Expedition Information window should have a text box where you can enter a player's name and press an 'add to expedition' button. You can currently use /dzadd playername but adding it to the GUI would be a good idea.
    • The Quest Journal should have a Task Timer tab. This tab will show your task timers (i.e. the same information you get by typing /tasktimer in the console).
    • Current inventory reuse timers use a gray'ed out portion of the box that lowers down as the timer runs. However, when the timer is almost up, it look as if there is no timer left when there is a tiny, hard to see sliver left. To help be aware of this, graying out (or a color change of) the icon would be helpful.
    • The Raid UI window should have a locked / unlocked indicator.
    • The Map window should add a tab where it lists all the zones, both alphabetically and by continent, where you can click on the name of the zone and it brings up the map for that zone.
    • Add button to toggle the background color of maps in map window from dark to light. It is hard to see some map entries otherwise.
    • Auto accept of group invites, raid invites, dz adds and mission adds with a couple of toggles is actually a first rate idea. I'd recommend the following toggles:
      • (a) friends toggle (only accept invites of the given type from someone on /friends list)
      • (b) guildies toggle (only autoaccept invites of a given type from a fellow guild member)
      • (c) guild officer toggle (raid/dz invites only), and
      • (c) "all" toggle.
        • Traders in the bazaar would, of course, have all of their toggles automatically set to "off". The toggles would be saved on a character by character basis as part of the UI. At the same time, I'd like group leaders to be able to drop group members who are not in the same zone as the group leader ... ;-7 Leaders can now remove any group member by targeting them with the function keys, regardless of zone or online status.
    • The option to turn off chat bars in chat windows. If you have several chat windows but only type in one of them, there is no need for a box on each one to type into.
    • Add a way to filter out paladin Holy Blade and rogue Deadly Strike messages. The spam created when they proc is huge.
    • Reduce the amount of messages you get when someone heals the group. Also, create a way to filter out the message you get when your weapon procs a heal on the group.
    • Add an audio slider for Audio triggers. Having to turn my entire master volume on my computer creates problems. Also, a mute key or even a activate/deactivate per audio trigger.
    • The Quest Journal should display the current number of tasks and maximum allowed, for example: 15/30, with 15 tasks currently active and another 15 spots open for a total possible of 30.
    • The /hidecorpse command status should be stored for each character, so that it remains the same until you change it, even when you log.
    • An additional /hidecorpse command, something like /hidecorpse allfixed, should hide not only current but future corpses until you cancel it.
      • Additional command should be /hidecorpse grouplooted, which would hide any corpse a group member has looted.
    • The Quest Journal should show for raid tasks the current and maximum number of people allowed in the task.
    • A command should be added such as /pet inventory or /pet inspect or /pet stats so that you can know what pet weapons and gear a pet is using.
    • An /announce command should be added to the following: /announce friend (will announce when someone on your friends list logs in or out), /announce 2 (will announce people joining or leaving only chat channel 2, any number may be put in that place, or the channel name may be used)
    • /hidecampfire <all|allbutfs|none> - This command will hide campfires. All will hide all campfires. Allbutfs will hide all campfires but those of your fellowship. None will reveal all campfires.
    • When opening bags in your bank, have any open bags show a different colored background in the bank. This way you actually can see at a glance which one of the bags are open.
    • Add a button to the Guild Bank Window, "Put All in Bank". This will move all deposited items into the bank. Assuming, of course, that there is room for them.
    • For the /outputfile command, add after you successfully use it, "Output file created".
    • Add /outputfile achievements.
    • A command like Timer to add to socials so the button stays depressed until the ability is available again. I can create a social for an AA but the button does not stay down until it is ready. For example, if I put into a social on the first line "/alt activate 285" and on the second line "/say Casting Radiant Cure, 1 minute refresh time", the button does not stay down until Radiant Cure is ready. A command like "/depress alt activate 285" would keep the button down until Radiant Cure is ready again.
    See also: Guild Bank UI Improvements
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Lisandra like this.