Post your ideas for the planned UI Update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Weake Aggro Lorekeeper

• Add a Current Faction Tab
    • Add the option to display all Six Members in the Group Window.
    • Add the option for a graphical raid health/mana/endurance window
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Augment screen with augment details.
    Arsdenyl and MariusoftheDead like this.
  3. Slasher Augur

redone raid window :)
  4. EQtroll Journeyman

Chat Window Tabs. Chat, Combat, Group, Guild etc. My UI is cluttered with windows.
    Arsdenyl, Sita, Lily and 3 others like this.
  5. Vanrau Augur

Displaying Six members is already possible with a custom group window. It just doesn't exist for the default UI, but can be added easily.

Graphical health, mana, endurance is possible as well, you can see many examples on eqinterface.com.
  6. Tobin Augur

7. Brohg Augur

"planned UI update" is an awfully strong interpretation of the conversation on twitch.
    beryon, Nniki, Fenudir and 1 other person like this.
  8. Tyche Elder

Yeah, I got more of a "move the ui elements around so it's not total suckage".
    Fenudir likes this.
  9. Matari Augur

Offense and defensive target,
    Easy way to target group members that does not require any part of their name,
    Tabbed chat windows,
    Tabbed chat windows,

Oh did I mention tabbed chat windows?
  10. Aldryn Another New Member

These may or may not be "small things" as JChan described them in the stream, but my top-desired changes have been and will continue to be:
    1. Buff Order. Whether it's done by making buff icons drag-and-drop style or by having some sort of window that allows us to assign which slot a designated buff will automatically appear in, my OCD needs its fix. Pretty please!

2. Chat Filters. I think we all know these are terrible right now. Re-working and/or making several new filters would be a good start, but, other than that I'm at a loss for how to actually completely revamp it. Maybe others much more creative than I would have some good ideas.

3. Raid Window. It would be nice if we could select multiple players at once to move them into an entirely new group. It would also be cool to have a separate "area" of the window designated to people that are benched that do not count towards the total of 54 players as a DZ is concerned, simply for the ease of swapping people in and out as the night goes on. It'd also be pretty sweet if we could stop having everyone join the raid as a "Group Leader." It kind of puts a damper on the "Invite All To Raid" button when only a very small amount of people can join at a time before it fills up with group leads.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Not sure what is in scope, so I'll drop my UI wishlist:
    • Improved hotkey activation: Allow multiple instant abilities to fire simultaneously
    • 'Autofire on autoattack' toggle for hotkeys
    • Enable mounts to be used with old models and old elementals.
    • Buff icons: Add a toggle between standard icons, and something like this.
    • More lines for social buttons (25 or so should do it)
    • Hide pet/familiar/mercenary names without hiding enemy/quest NPC names.
    • Allow re-ordering of client windows on Windows taskbar
    • Improved autofollow (warp-to group member when autofollow breaks)
    • Automatically zone character when autofollowing
    • Zone-persistent autofollow
    • Fix 'Not Responding' client while zoning/loading.
    • Cloud/Server-side UI configuration storage
    • Player-defineable default UI configuration (including filters)
    • Toggle to disable smoke/fog effects
    • Account-wide friends list
    • Animate logging on/logging off friend names for 2 seconds.
    • Eliminate borders on all default UI windows to save screen real estate.
    • 'Snap to grid' for window drag/resize with 10 pixel increments.
    • Hold shift while drag/resizing for fine-tune positioning (1 or 2 pixel increments)
    • Remove many abilities that are blocked in corpse hover screen (PC death)
    • Enable many commands that can't be used while casting (e.g. /invite player)
    • Allow movement (snared) while casting like EQ2
    • Hide helmet if toggled during character select screen
    • Character-specific eqclient.ini
    • Auto-disable music for clients beyond the first.
    Asparux, Sita, Elricvonclief and 2 others like this.
  12. Mediik Augur

I'll echo some of the ideas here.
    • An interface for managing worn augments. Preferably something similar to bazaar where you can sort by stats and more easily remove\add
    • Tabbed Chat Windows
    • A quicker way to load UI when working on custom interface changes
    • I'd like to see Custom flags on bags\bag slot to allow for better sorting. example. using Bandolier and having weapons drop into random slots. i'd like to attach items to spots so they always go there. Or have bags flagged for weapon only, potion only.. etc.
    • A way to have buff slots fill from bottom up instead of top down.
    • An option for gauges to animate fills from left to right or top to bottom, instead of just right to left.
    Rhaage likes this.
  13. Fenudir Augur

I rather like the current UI the way it is. The only problem I see is that that arrangement of the UI looks like the after effects of a game of 52 card pickup on a new toon. That's all that really needs to be cleaned up.
  14. Xanumbik Augur

I would be happy if they would work on button bloat its crazy in this game
  15. SaderakhBertox Augur

I rarely play my mage, but when I do, I hope it doesn't grow up to be like this!

[IMG]
    Whitecloudx likes this.
  16. Fendy Augur

Make the bank look like this
    [IMG]
  17. Nniki Augur

I think one of the biggest issues with the UI is screen real estate. We have a lot of stuff that can be nice to have up, but nowhere to put it.

UI Elements - Condense, Simplify, Snap Alignment
    I'd recommend looking into ways to condense UI elements, remove the extra decorations around the edges and make them simple (I know there are custom UIs that do some of this, but it would be nice if it was by default). Make windows align easily - snap alignment?

Hotkeys - Icons instead of Text
    Making my hotbars smaller is something I'd like to do, but it can be difficult due to readability. I think it would be nice if it would be possible to use an AA's spell effect icon as the button instead of its name. That would allow for making it small yet recognizable at the same time. Along the same idea, it would be neat if I could make a bandolier hotkey with an item icon instead of text as well... have a way to assign primary/secondary/range/ammo as the hotkey image (uniquely recognizable as a bandolier hotkey: different than a normal item hotkey... maybe a different background color)

Clicky Effects Window
    The inventory window is getting awfully crowded and it'll only get worse if we add illusions and familiars to it.... could even throw in nimbus with all those floating around now. And even though I just complained about screen real estate, I'd almost suggest a separate UI window to easily access some of these things... perhaps a tabbed click effects window? It could have all that stuff... Illusions, Familiars, Nimbuses, Mounts, and maybe even a generic clicky list. Hide windows by default, click a tab to show the list, click again to hide (or click a different tab to display instead).
    Nanoyn Doomarrow likes this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Add an officer message of the day to the ALT G screen. Or with the system they have in place I guess a motd that is seen by only a certain rank and above.
  19. Atvar Augur

Achievement window - make the fully completed expansion tabs disappear when the "show complete" button is untoggled. Ever since travel achievements were added it's a hassle to find any current content. I believe this is also controlled server-side so players can't even mod it, which leads too...

Easier player modifications/tools. Let the players make what they want, just give use the ability and step out of the way. Current default UI uses way too much space. I want functional/minimalist. Even most custom UIs are too big for my liking.

PS. are there any better xml editors than sidlwidl which I've had for.. 10 plus years now?
    Tobin likes this.
  20. Tobin Augur

A true /viewport command - splits the EQ /viewport into a second Window's Window - this would be great for multi-monitor setups.

I would like to see a clock function window add to the game that places the "Game time" and "Earth time" on the screen. Adding settable countdown timers would be a bonus.

I would like to see the left click on names in chat windows pop up menu have more then spam/not spam. I want "send tell" and "invite to group" added. This way we don't have to type out those strangely spelled names some players have
    DebonAir, Sita, Nniki and 1 other person like this.