Post your ideas for the planned UI Update

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Weake Aggro, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Maxe Augur

I would just like to see more filters. The ability to remove something from sight completely like my pet's melee on a cleric or whatever I want from the filters. I don't care so much about outgoing damage on my cleric as incoming, and in the current state my options are get spammed or make another window, shrink it tiny, filter all that stuff there and stuff it in the corner. Kind of silly. I love the improvements so far though.

I would very much like to hear about better sorting features for the bazaar and larger bazaar search results. Items with limited classes that have clickies, items flagged by expansion etc. The expansion one can be done by assigning the item number spread to the search responses, the only hard work would be altering the ui layout slightly to add the option.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Client UI needs to sync with server so client does not show I'm in resting state and I click Tranquil Blessing and get "You can only cast this spell while in a resting state".
  3. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Option to hide all AA lines that are maxed out to make it easier to find what's left to purchase.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Fendy Augur

Brohg said:
    “"planned UI update" is an awfully strong interpretation of the conversation on twitch.”
    Lots of input here on an incorrect assumption. We have not been told there is a planned UI update nor have we been asked for input on it.
  5. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I'd much rather have them focus on something more substantive like an expansion or another revolutionary feature (i.e. offline trader, guild bank system). A new UI feature or set up could break a few custom UIs or upset another segment as we are creatures of habit...
  6. DebonAir Lorekeeper

If you listen to what Jonathan "Prathun" Caraker says after 26 min 25 sec and that Jennifer Chan encourages the community to post suggestions on the forum, you will know where this thread is comming from.
    Although this threads title may be poorly chosen, i can see no reason why this should be the cause to ignore or turn down the suggestions of the community!

Having said that, here are my suggestions: (Please let me know if there are other ways to achieve those, that i am ignorant of!)
    • Please add a third time (in addition to Earth Time and Game Time) to the /time command.
      While Earth Time shows the time in my local timeszone, i would also like to see the actual time in the PST-timezone - since downtimes are always announced with dates & times in PST.
    • Give us the ability to choose icons as an alternative to texts on hotbuttons!
    • I am really craving for better chat filters. I would like a finer granularity in the ability to filter things. The chat filter window should also provide more assistance in describing what messages are filtered by the existing filters. For some things i would like to filter, it's always a tedious try-and-error until i find the right filter.
      In this context, i would also like to see the ability to choose for every filter, if something is send to a window or if it shuldn't be send to my client at all (server side filtering). At the moment a lot of stuff, that i don't like to see goes into a minimized spam-window.
    • I would like the ability to merge multiple chat windows in one palace on my screen, with the ability to switch between them by tabs. With this i would like have an option to alert me, if there is new text in a background-tab (blinking tab comes to mind).
      What i don't want is the mandatory use of tabbed chat windows, since i like to put certain information in different locations on my screen!
    • I would like to be able to split the output of UI on two (or more) different screens (or into more than one window, which can be placed on different screens).
      In a multi monitor setup, i would like to have the graphic rendering with a few UI elements on one screen (or in one window) and other UI elements (chat- and map-windows and seldom used buttonbanks come to my mind) on another screen (or in another window).
    For some time now, you can at least save a spell-set over an existing one (using the same name). I think this is part the functionallity you describe here, isn't it? I don't know about hot-key-sets though.
  7. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

Can already do this very easily in game.
  8. DebonAir Lorekeeper

Really?:)
    Please tell me how i can do this for macro-, discipline- and AA-buttons!
  9. Fendy Augur

I stand corrected. They are indeed open to small change suggestions to the UI.
  10. svann Augur

1. Allow group names in the map instead of just x's. When someone says "come to me" and everyone is spread out across the map its not easy to mouse over each x to see who it is, especially with a high resolution display.
    2. Allow buffs to be moved to new windows like you can do with chat. There are only a few buffs that I really want to keep track of but they are mixed in with too many to quickly find during battle. Id like to be able to create a new buff window and move those to it.
  11. svann Augur

Right click and hold until the menu pops up, assign icon.
    DebonAir likes this.
  12. Siddar Augur

Ability to remove the chat entry bar from windows other then main chat window.

Ability to toggle off pet and illusion sounds.
    Yinla likes this.
  13. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

To take this even farther you can create your own icons in or photoshop or your choice of editing software. This takes some work but if you mess around with the UI files you can figure out what you need. There are great resources on eqinterface. You can then use the custom icons in your hotbars.
    There are also people willing to make custom icons on eqresources.
  14. Norathorr Augur

-Get rid of the welcome screen.
    -Allow more actions on one hot key given the amount of click for set amount of damage abilities especially applicable to melee dps toons. It would give more room for a manageable and concise interface.
    -Full group hp bar window rather than your own hp far in a different place.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  15. svann Augur

Whether they plan on a strong update to ui or not, they can still take suggestions so a thread of ui improvements isnt necessarily based on a false assumption even if the OP was mistaken.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I like the welcome screen
  17. Shallizar Lorekeeper

-Option to look at bags on character and in the bank as a single giant bag (for different size slots, segment them by background color) (bank and character would be two separate giant bags)
    -Ability to do an inventory search of your bags on character and in the bank, have it only highlight the items that match your search text
    -Option to have a target ring under all of your group members to make it easier to stay near them on raids for heals and cast effects, this could be a toggle.
    -Ability to turn off the sound effects of mounts (specifically the mechanical backpacks)!!! Option could be Mine or All
    -On the raid interface please add a button to shrink everyone in the raid.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  18. Norathorr Augur

What is the point of it other than having to close it immediately every time you log in? I want to log into the game not a bunch of spam.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  19. Shallizar Lorekeeper

It would mean a lot more if it only came up when there was something new. I could not even tell you what is on the welcome screen anymore. Since it comes up ever time I automatically close it without reading it.
    Ferry-Tunare and Warpeace like this.
  20. Knight-errant Journeyman

You're not missing anything. The welcome screen hasn't been updated since October, when the expansion came out. And the other advertisements on it for LoN and marketplace are even older.

Not sure what the point of it is either, besides more buttons to push on the UI.

Not sure if it falls under UI, but wish there was an option to turn off the sound Enchanter Auras make. They are loud and annoying, and are the reason I play with the sound off.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.