Please Condiser this for warriors

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by MaddielynBlackStar, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Drogba Augur

The 14 min Queen raid @ 292k dps was also posted in that thread.
  2. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

If they are topping top 10 for burn dps then your dps classes seriously need to work on their rotation :)
    Orbital101 likes this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

Thanks for thinking the dps in my guild actually has problems doing their job. The fact Warriors were ever able to burn and reach the top 10 in any guild highlighted a problem.

Statements like above say you have no idea what your really talking about and only see that Knight weapons have higher displayed numbers than Warriors. Doing something so simple as you think would break Warrior DPS badly. Enchanter and Mage pets would call for your class to be nerfed if that was allowed to happen. Why do you think Warriors can hit high dps like they can now when they sneak into a DPS group on raids and cut loose?

If you really have agro issues go ask for help as a player. Currently Warriors don't have any agro problems.
    Phrovo1 likes this.
  4. p2aa Augur

Knights in DPS groups with full support were able to do it too. If knight DPS was bad, do you think devs would have reduced it too ?
  5. Warpeace Augur

Didn't answer the question, not surprising either.

A Warrior should never been able to sub for a DPS class because they slid into a dps group. Before that nerf Warriors could have replaced a couple of DPS classes.
  6. p2aa Augur

A Knight should never been able to sub for a DPS class because they slid into a dps group. Before that nerf Knights could have replaced a couple of DPS classes.
  7. Questoften32 Augur

Increases warrior dps 1-70, scale it after with a focus on argo and survival.

It should be roughly doubled in the level ranges where people molo, because that's the reality of things on standard rule set servers for the most part.

This, to make them more viable in the beginning, and initially compensate for there lack of abilities and utilities.

Later, it should be adjusted accordingly for the levels people group. Then adjusted again for end game raiding levels.
  8. Drogba Augur

Could?
    Can.
    kizant likes this.
  9. Fintank Augur

Shadow Knights and Warriors are still in a remarkably good position DPS wise, imo it's still way too high and needs to be addressed. The mentioned "Nerf" to stances barely touched DPS at all for everyone except Paladins. Paladins got 100% wrekt on that nerf due to other DPS abilities of theirs being changed alongside it while the other 2 tank classes remained unscathed.

I do however like all the insult flinging of "Your (insert class here)" just suck and that's why you can make top 10 as a tank. Pretty sure I've said this before but if RoI, who undeniably has the top DPS of all guilds in our game can have a warrior crack top 5 then what exactly are all those super awesome players missing to just always beat warriors? I'm sure literally all the other guilds just have super secret DPS disc combinations to never ever be below a Tank in a DPS group, must be why they always lose the expansion race (insert argument of "because we don't raid lockouts" here). Or perhaps your warriors just suck, my money's on that.

I also very much enjoy the people who try and poke small holes to unravel things in arguments because they are too feeble minded to accept anything that may prove them wrong. "You linked a COTF parse which isn't an accurate portrayal even though none of the DPS classes can do that anyway" (Insert link of parse from a current live raid to prove how overpowered it is) well Slim Shady didn't stand up and your ranger hit Pack Hunt so that parse is wrong too. All a bunch of crap from people who either A. Don't want to be "nerfed" because they enjoy being OP (That's cool, some of us like challenges) or B. Morons who deny anything that interferes with their personal flawed and biased logic.

I love you Drogba, make a warrior <3
    Sindaiann, fransisco and Drogba like this.
  10. Drogba Augur

I was hitting 3rd on half the events with a semi adps group recently, and i was missing bst, enc, rng. ..Admittedly 4 berserkers and some others were absent though :0
    Sindaiann likes this.
  11. Brohg Augur

Since we're on the subject, what's the dream? brd/bst/shm are clearly necessary, berserker is obvious, leaving 1 slot for ... another berserker for full Synergy, double Dichos? another bst, for ~fulltime on their dicho? :)
  12. Sindaiann Augur

This. Our warriors and sks do too but it's generally like Drogbaa just described, our top zerkers etc were absent (Yay monotonous farm mode). Optimal raid groups from 1 thru 9 will change what you see on a parse vs missing top dps classes.

I actually like the ability for warriors and sks to drop the hammer while not tanking. All classes should have the ability to be useful when not performing a main task. (shameless plug - enchanters without cc roles. If we couldn't dps we would be back in the stone age. That is boring, however I desperately want more cc in raids)

Is warrior and sk dps a tad high? Maybe but it's all relative. Maybe devs intend for it to be as it corresponds to current events and their views on class performance. Maybe they don't and we get a nerf. Oh well.

At the end of the day you will always have players that push the boundaries of what their class is capable and others that don't. Generally the ones that don't are the ones with skewed bias on what "should" be attainable.
  13. p2aa Augur

You forgot that 99 % of raiding guilds don't put their tanks in DPS group with full support, because they need these tanks to do the job they are assigned for, tanking stuff.
    So RoI is doing it, and then class balance should be made around RoI "having fun trying some tanks in DPS group to see the potential" ?
    I'm wondering, if you put your tanks in your DPS groups, where do you put your DPS that have been kicked out of these groups ? In tanks groups ? lol they must appreciate it.
    Anyway I don't give a rat about my DPS. I haven't chosen to play a tank class because I wanted to DPS. So feel free to start a new crusade, seems you don't learn of previous lessons, and I will laugh at the end at people's reactions (especially paladins) when the devs nerf DPS of the 3 tank classes again (it's fun how people try to undersell paladin DPS again btw lol)
  14. Phrovo1 Augur

maybe give warriors some more offensive discs that share cooldowns with their some of their main tanking discs and tone down their passive damage boosts
  15. Repthor Augur

Warrs alreaddy give up tanking power to dps. We choose to mitigate worse and decrease healing recived and our long offensive disc do lock out our big tanking disc. And our short offensiv disc also lock out smaller tools. The thing is non of that matters cuz when a warr decedes to dps is cuz they are warr number 3 4 5 and they know they wont be tanking anyway meaning they whould be dead weight if they chouldent dps. This goes for sks aswell. Paladins already have a secondary role if needed they can heal and cure others and provide some dps on live targets and alot of dps vs undead

Can tweaks happen sure they can. But keep in mind theres many more spots in the raid for dps then for tanks. So haveing them make trafeoff to do dps when uou have more then you need is a must, seeing as all raids dont have the same amont of target that need tanked
    Sindaiann likes this.
  16. Drogba Augur

The real point i think, is that why make a monk for instance, if you can make a war/sk and play them as a pure dps class instead. the dps food chain needs some adjusting. same goes for druids atm who are massively overpowered, it's one thing to be able to switch in and do some dps, it's another to be outright better at it while having that secondary utility (tanking/healing).

99% is not accurate, I raid on anywhere from 6-12 raid teams a week, and know much about many i don't raid on, how many d'you?

In the long term, what will dictate which class gets a dps slot will be which class is best at it, if the raid team is focused on optimising themselves to maximum effectiveness, and can take the hit in number of tanks actively tanking.
    Maedhros and Sindaiann like this.
  17. Seldom Augur

With a level increase expansion not too far away, I imagine things will be shaken up again pretty heavy balance wise. I'm going to save most of my critiques until I see how beta unfolds but wish many of these issues were solved when EoK first rolled out. I'm not sure how the classic, but but but, when we have nothing to tank ALL we can do is dps is being thrown out! Folks easily tank everything due to overpowered AE aggro abilities that were never corrected and heavily defended OP defensive abilities. If people stopped defending those type of tools, tanks would find themselves doing their main role more come raid time
  18. Fintank Augur

Omg Brohg we need 2 Beastlords coordinating Dicho for full Ruaabri's level HHE! Bard/Zerker/Shaman and Monk/2nd Berserker! THE DREAM IS ALIVE!
  19. Fintank Augur

"You forgot that 99 % of raiding guilds don't put their tanks in DPS group with full support, because they need these tanks to do the job they are assigned for, tanking stuff."

I feel as though you may be unaware that single target heals can you know be cast out of group? I'm sure a lot of raiding guilds don't put their tanks in DPS groups but if your tank is good and your healers are good as well then there's 0 fallout when it comes to your tanking duty/ability.

Edit: I messed up the quoting because I have poor skill /sadface
  20. Phrovo1 Augur

apparently priests are only able to heal someone that is in their group