Please Condiser this for warriors

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by MaddielynBlackStar, Aug 27, 2017.

1. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Dear daybreak and fellow Everquest players. After spending a great deal of time playing warrior as main it has come to my attention that there are several improvements and suggestion that really should be taken into consideration for the class to be balanced to other tank classes.
    Suggestion 1. Passive aa (farmed or granted doesn't matter) that enables warriors to wield two hander weapon in primary and able to wield shield or offhand in other hand.
    Reason 1. AGRO AGRO AGRO. Warriors were never designed to be shield tanks, our mechanics and design was meant to DUAL WIELD tank, and since they didn't figure out after several complaints and failed attempts to make this mechanic work, here is a simple one for you. Easy enough fix, one it would still trigger properly with stances (from what I could tell, they trigger based on your off-hand aka a shield or weapon in off hand.) Second reason is you decided to give knight classes a migration stance? I mean you literally just jacked warriors out of the one thing they had above other classes, ok cool, that happens a lot of classes have newer things such as beastlords with FD ok sure. But the issues is the agro above anything else, warrior do not possess heal spells nor do we get lifetaps, so how do you balance a class that was designed to even raid tank as dual wield class for agro management. Easy, add the ability to wield a two hander and shield, two hander damage values boost agro significantly. And if they think this isn't balanced well guess what why does a knight class get a 2hander weapon with higher value then any zerker or warrior? Ok that seems 'balanced' well in these expansions (level 80 and beyond) It seems shield tanking went from a desperate last resort method to a standard every day forced thing for a war. So PLEASE PLEASE either add warrior to every single knight class 1hander and 2hander or enable us a passive to wield it in PRIMARY ONLY.
    Suggestion 2. Dischomtic Shield.
    This discho is nearly worthless, in every situation I have ever used it (and yes I have MAX RANK 6) this ability has done little to absolutely no good what so ever. The major issues with it, is the duration, it last less then one minute, easy fix please consider upping it to 3-5 minutes, or a better suggestion would be to make it a super version of martial fury for agro management while still offering us a bit of a damage value involved.
    Suggestion 3. This is a general one that probably has been talked and complained about for several years and dbg seems to want to either ignore it or pretend its not an issue. EPICS EPICS EPICS. Please simple suggestion not requesting you revise better version, but give an option or change them into actual augments we can equip in our primary or for cleric secoundary (aka shield) Keep the special effects like keep anger proc for war and 5% dot critical for necro etc etc, maybe add some ac value to it for tanks and damage value for melee dps. Consider possible spell damage for cloth classes. I don't mean scale them to current content, I mean consider their value based on what level they were, IE most augs during OOW era were maybe 2-3damage and the ac for a tank class at best was 25 ac, I know it would be a considerable amount of time but I think it would resolve peoples complaints about lack of epic line for over 35 levels now and would make them viable (Some would probably just keep them in bag for click others might find them useful.) Or option 2. Make it an AA you gain by getting your epic and make it an AA clicky. Aka the effects from it turn it into a buff or make it a perma aa line, ie boost ac for tanks and their respectively focus effects etc.
  2. shiftie Augur

Lol
    gotwar and Sindaiann like this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

I have to wonder if me and the OP are playing the same game.
  4. Warpeace Augur

Who knew Warriors were so bad off? :rolleyes:
  5. p2aa Augur

I'm a 105 warrior main, and here are my comments.

I don't have any problem with aggro, even with high skilled DPS burning stuff. In this last case, it still requires to spam your aggro abilities to keep aggro over them. But it works.
    If you have aggro problem, then you don't use enough our aggro abilities. Tell us what you are doing so that we can help you on this.
    We don't need more aggro.

About stances given to knight, while i'm ok to copy the 2H stance to knight, the problem has been to give knight an exact copy of 1h and shield defensive stance. Knights should have accessed to a defensive proficiency (because they were replaced by warriors in all areas of the game in raid including tanking adds), but at a lower % than warriors. This would have put more balance on mitigation between the tank classes, and compensate for knight self healing advantage and their mitigation discs that stack nicely with defensive proficiency SPA. A lot of number have been said, but if we follow a pattern of knight being a 75 % warrior parent class (like some knights said), and we keep the current numbers atm for the %, then knight could get 15 % and warrior keep their 20 %. Lower the knight one of 5 %. On another note, there is a problem too for me about the reduction % of def prof, shield stance for us is just 5 % more than DW one , which is dumb imo.

Dichotomic Shielding is a wonderful disc, nice mitigation disc that you can click often.
    Some classes got some way worst than ours, like paladins that got a dichotomic that sucks.
    You are the first war complaining about this tool, which is a great one. 1 min is enough good, upping it to 3 + min would make it "overpowered".

Lastly, they have said that they would not do epic 3.0, so don't dream about it, it will never happen.
  6. Brohg Augur

at the moment, in the face of September's pending stance nerfs, my warrior wishlist is more like "in the head not the gut, please, just make it fast!" :p
  7. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

You obviously don't raid tank good sir cause if you did you would understand even the best tanks and their are several agro issues that come up often and yes I am agroing "correctly' I promise you that. The biggest issue is the lack of HATE OVER TIME disc we use to have for raid situations yes we have fauncy snap top agro I am aware of our agro system, the problem is we were designed to dual wield tank and proc anger procs to hold agro pure and simple and once those top agro disc and your rage's are all done and chained you get a lot of dps that creeps up rather quickly no matter how perfect your rotation and chain of agro. That is where dual wield use to come in, it was a constant hate proc spam that enabled us to hold continuous agro and we had HATE OVER TIME disc which are none existant now, Not to mention our best 'war only' 1 hander is a joke compared to knight classes, please explain to me how they have a better weapon that procs a 5k rune and we get some joke of a weapon with minimal hate procs, you can't replace it with wurmslayer, and knights can get away easy with replacing theirs with their respected weapons. We are a pure melee class not a hybrid class, our whole mechanics once again were about dual wielding not shield tanking that was a knight class design. Yet 9 years has gone by and have yet to see any true improvement on warrior. Rather disappointing to be honest, but never the less giving us a 2hander in main hand and able to shield tank one not only boost agro it would also give us a fair stat boost as well. It will be a nice balance fix and a great deal easier then having to go through and re-write every knight weapon with war in it. I never asked for 3.0 first off I said we should get an aa passive for epic that gives us some of the focus effects from epic and mentioned the idea of an aug. And furthermore the problem is the stances they should never been implemented for knights I agree and I get that knights need defense for add management on raids, however the problem is the fact they get insanely over powered 1hander and 2hander, because they cannot dual wield, and the fact wars were not built for shield tanking has obviously not been resolved even after 9 years and yes shield tanking wasn't an imposed thing on wars till level 80 aka SoF expansion when they forced shield aa's on us and expcted us to some how make it work, my suggestion is a simple one that resolves that issue and balances us out to knight classes, and I am glad your rank 6 discho does so much for you on raids it does ABSOLUTELY nearly nothing. :) but yes thanks for the offering of agro advice though. I never discredit it but seem even the best end game war tanks still have agro management issues on longer raid fights due to lack of proper warrior mechanics that DBG seems to just ignore and hope it goes away lol. Wurmslayer was a nice add on to the game but the problem is it did not have an agro modifier nor did it have a proper anger proc and I have yet to see them give us a damage aug with anger proc to make it even come close to properly working. Perhaps they could revise and fix krinza to be an actual viable tanking weapon that could also resolve a lot of issues. And arguing anything about invested wurmslayer is null and void its a rare item that you would have to fight an entire raiding guild to bid on to begin with.
  8. Brohg Augur

9. Seldom Augur

LOL. I pray you're trolling for your sake
  10. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

I am a poorly armor modeled female Iskar not a troll and that term would be offensive to all the trolls in norrath sir, please be more consider of their feelings :p
  11. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

What is that button with green around it I am confused, I have never seen or known of it before?
  12. p2aa Augur

I'm raiding in a high end raiding guild, with DPS that know how to burn stuff.
    I stopped using aggro proc since forever, you don't need to DW some weapon to proc aggro with rage of rallos zek. I guarantee you that you aren't aggroing correctly if you see DPS getting aggro of you.
    Especially on a raid boss that doesn't move and you face him. I could stand naked with no weapon, and still relegate other DPS very far on aggro. Are you using Phantom Aggressor ? In 2 click you have put everyone at 1 in the aggro meter.
    The only aggro spike I am seing atm are on boss mobs that blur aggro, like Prince in T2 event 1 EOK event or Sul event last raid in TBM, when DPS burn hard asap the raid boss, even if atm the problem is more coming from shamans dot tick back on the raid boss and produce heavy aggro so that they are often very high in the aggro meter :)
    And like I said, it's a spike, not a problem, I can still keep aggro, but it requires using other tools that I never use usually at my disposal like rage of the forsaken or warlord fury.

You should replace Krinza Sarnak bite with a Wurmslayer if you are a warrior. The constant mitigation thing attached to the Wurmslayer is better. I DW the Krinza in offhand, and i would not say the aggro sucks, it builds hate well.
    If your reason to keep Krinza is for aggro, then once again you need to look again at what you are doing.
    Knight rune weapon proc is nice yeah, but at least they didn't let us with one option only as a primary weapon in EoK, the aggro one weapon. Wurmslayer > Krinza.
    It's not a rare item, if you tell me that all the raid is still fighting on the drop, it means you haven't cleared all EoK content since a long time. Eventually you will get your hand on it, just save DKP if need be and buy it. It was one of the first item i bought when i started raiding EoK.

In raids, thanks to the fast refresh timer, I can trigger dichotomic shielding 2 times between refresh of my defensive disc. And i can use it alone, without adding any other mitigation disc, because it mitigates enough well.

Then they are not the best end game war tanks in the game. I don't want to sound rude, but I would say that if they are unable to keep aggro on a long fight standing against a raid boss that doesn't move then they are some of the worst end game warriors ever.
  13. Repthor Augur

Hate to break it to you friend but wile warriors have issues . Its not the issues your talking about. I suggest that you find a warrior friend in a end game guild and ask them to help you out. There is also some info on this very board that can help you with the basic like how aggro works so you know when and why you should use certen abilitys.

Holler at povar.repthor and ill help you with some basics
  14. fransisco Augur

?
    What are these?
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

16. Lianeb Augur

Krinza is by far the largest Agro proc ever seen on a weapon. If you are having Agro issues over time you should try using it more. We have never seen a weapon Agro proc aug larger than what 800 or so? And you want the ability to use 2 of these, and you think that will help your late in the fight Agro? When we are talking probably millions of Agro on a mob built up over time?

Let me introduce you to spike of anger IV
    https://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=47693
    Your solution to Agro and dual wielding Agro procs is not going even come close not even a little bit compared to the 1% Agro increase on Krinza let alone the straight up 12k plus proc on it.

Stop blaming Agro on your wurmslayer it is only for Magelo padding that worn effect is utterly useless as a MT in a raid.
    Warriors can complain about initial Agro on mobs with dps that like to go all out at the start (and yes there are tools for that). But in no way should you be even close to losing it after the 30s mark and that is being quite generous.
  17. fransisco Augur

18. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Stop blaming Agro on your wurmslayer it is only for Magelo padding that worn effect is utterly useless as a MT in a raid.

Warriors can complain about initial Agro on mobs with dps that like to go all out at the start (and yes there are tools for that). But in no way should you be even close to losing it after the 30s mark and that is being quite generous.[/quote]

Odd you say that cause whenever I use wurmslayer I see a significant difference in damage I taken as opposed to using any other weapon in primary what are you doing to make wurmslayer negligible? And believe me I have advanced hot keys that run all sorts of aa chains I read several online guides and suggestions and built around them and I even rotate out old disc and new disc that I discovered by them and in both raid and group settings for some weird reason always seems once your grasp dropgs (and yes I use rage of zellos and forsarken on different timers etc) I use unflinching ageless all of it sir flash of anger, and their always a point second dps does a hard burn they go from 1 on the agro meter right up to 99 like their is a missing agro build some wheres and I have used every possible timer combo and disc and aa rotated out I could find so no idea.
  19. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

20. Lianeb Augur

[47969] Wurmslayer's Guard
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 120h (72000 ticks) Song, Extendable: No, Dispelable: Yes
    14: Absorb Melee Damage: 100%, Max Per Hit: 1750
    Text: You are guarded.

[25255] Shining Defense
    Classes: CLR/89
    Skill: Abjuration
    Target: Single
    Range: 150'
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 4.5s
    Duration: 4.5m (45 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 3200 Incoming Hit Successes
    12: Absorb Melee Damage: 10%
    Text: A shining defensive glow surrounds you.

[41210/32177] Brace For Impact IX
    [41211/32178] Impact Guard IX
    Classes: WAR/254
    Skill: Defense
    Target: Self
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 12 Incoming Hit Successes
    5: Absorb Melee Damage: 16%, Total: 150000
    Text: You up your guard.

Wurmslayer's guard reaches max absorb at a hit of 17k5
    Shining Defense becomes better after 17k5
    Brace for Impact is more advantageous for you at hits greater than about 11k
    Hell it's beaten out by your last level of Defensive Proficiency after 35k
    PDH
    Dico
    There are others but I will stop there
    You might want to parse it some more. Or use more discs more often