Please Condiser this for warriors

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by MaddielynBlackStar, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Karnyak New Member

I feel like maybe you should talk to some warriors on your server and maybe do a 1 on 1 type thing. No offense my friend but your entire post was pretty silly, thrown together in a giant run on sentence and made no sense to me at all. I feel like I'm being caught in a bad episode of candid camera, or punk'd. Like, some little gnomer is gonna jump out at me any second and kick me in the sack for actually responding to this nonsense =)

Warriors are absolutely roflinsane at dps, tanking, and aggro. We don't need some silly weapon that has a fancy little anger proc on it, we have sneering grin, do you taunt? 9127 points of anger just by using "Taunt".

My warrior is close to 100k dps just auto attacking with a 2hander......as is every other warrior thats decently geared, I cant imagine being able to wield a 2hander in my main hand with a shield, lol.

Dicho is bad?, and you want to extend the duration to 3-5 minutes? Its a 5 minute cool down, and its amazing, not sure where you're going with that one.

Warriors have all sorts of awesome defensive goodies to use, that when used properly you are always going to have something running, obviously some are better than others, but tanking is situational anyway, a smart warrior isn't macroing everything together and blowing there wad in dumb things.(not saying you are, just saying).

I think you need to talk it out with some other warriors is all man, I didn't agree with even one thing you mentioned, and I'm only a decent warrior.

Good luck to ya
  2. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Ok so my grammatical posting isn't perfectly spaced and not every paragraph is perfect on punctuation and that somehow makes my post and suggestion less viable? Well everyone allowed their opinion if that bothers you then write a book about it, and maybe I will watch the movie later :p

[/quote]Warriors are absolutely roflinsane at dps, tanking, and aggro. We don't need some silly weapon that has a fancy little anger proc on it, we have sneering grin, do you taunt? 9127 points of anger just by using "Taunt".[/quote]

No I have never used taunt before....yeah seriously no offense but what kind of question is that?

[/quote]My warrior is close to 100k dps just auto attacking with a 2hander......as is every other warrior thats decently geared, I cant imagine being able to wield a 2hander in my main hand with a shield, lol.[/quote]

It would not be as big of an op as you think 2hander stance has 90% damage increase, shield stance has 0% damage increase that 2hander would not hit as hard as you would think but it would make hit evenly with knights 1hander's if not close to it. Plus 2hander generates more agro per hit *whether it hits or misses I don't know all the fauncy nerdy times for this sorry) Dual wield would be the one thing having a 2hander and an off hand might become a bit over powered due to the 100% damage increase stance. Other then that it would balance out and work well but seems no one finds it a great idea so whatever guess I am alone on that. *shrugs*

[/quote]Dicho is bad?, and you want to extend the duration to 3-5 minutes? Its a 5 minute cool down, and its amazing, not sure where you're going with that one.[/quote]

Givining it even a 2 minute duration would at least allow use to burn through most of the charges and would make it a bit more viable.

[/quote]Warriors have all sorts of awesome defensive goodies to use, that when used properly you are always going to have something running, obviously some are better than others, but tanking is situational anyway, a smart warrior isn't macroing everything together and blowing there wad in dumb things.(not saying you are, just saying).[/quote]
    I don't macro everything at once I have timed sets and mash keys that work on different timers but yes my 1-4 is maxed out on lines with pauses like most warriors hotkeys should be or generally are.

[/quote]I think you need to talk it out with some other warriors is all man, I didn't agree with even one thing you mentioned, and I'm only a decent warrior.

Good luck to ya[/quote]

I do talk it out with warriors often and thanks to that and doing a lot of research I have found a lot of AA abilities and older disc on different timers that I use currently I done all this way before I posted this suggestion :) Not saying I know everything and anything about warrior I am not perfect but I've done a lot of work researching and yes I came back after a 9 year break and yes there was a lot to learn at once and yes I am still learning cause if I wasn't then I would be more dictionary term of stupid :)
  3. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Funny you mention those cause I use them on the daily and have ran with shining brace impatc etc and tried putting Krinza in primary as opposed to wurmslayer and with brace on I was still taking a considerably higher amount of damage rather quickly as opposed to wurmslayer so good sir are you 100% positive and sure that they do not stack in any way shape or form, cause according to real play and test it does for me? Maybe I am glitched?
  4. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

sure i'll feed the troll you need more harmonious precision in your life
  5. Koryu Professional Roadkill

We need less Harmonious, really.
  6. Repthor Augur

All tanks needs more cowbell however. Lets make that happen
  7. Damoncord Augur

For Repthor:
    The rest of you can enjoy it too.

8. Phrovo1 Augur

idk, I can half play a group geared warrior alt and do pretty well with him, and the only warriors I know that are having problems right now are slow/terrible players in general soooo...but you're right warriors totally need a boost! just ignore all these warriors saying warriors are fine!
  9. fransisco Augur

only bad warriors are the ones boxing several other characters who just auto attack.

But hey lets nerf pets again. They are obviously out doing warriors!
  10. Repthor Augur

Fransisco yeah lets get on that . Heres your dead horse so you can use it another thread aswell
  11. Drogba Augur

Warriors have beautiful aggro potential, rivaled only by Shadowknights. You don't need help.

Warriors never needed the stances, in conjunction with improving their aggro abilities around the same time, it simply made the game easier and made them OP on raids vs 99% of shadowknights, which led to a 70?+ page thread debating the point of shadowknights on raids (Paladins being safe because of the 'they can heal others' argument).

They balance this out through other means, such as weapon mastery AA for warriors.

Warriors are actually better dps than some melee classes under the right conditions, if given the same adps. There is no problem here for them.

It would be nice if there was some kind of payoff for epics -- while for some classes, epics are essential, for others they have become pointless.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  12. p2aa Augur

All started with knights receiving their new 36 % mitigation defensive disc, during RoF expansion.
    When it happened, the mitigation balance became in favor of knights. Warriors had 1 defensive disc, versus 1 defensive disc for knights and 2 small defensive ones (the cap dmg ones). At this time, the other good secondary warrior survival abilities were way too long refresh timer, like could be used every hour (Warlord Bravery, Warlord Tenacity).
    Outside their defensive disc, warriors were seeing knights being equal to them when MT raid bosses. The only good survival secondary stuff that warriors could use often was Guardian's Bravery 45sec every 5 min.
    No time to bleed warrior ability was not existing at this time (it came with COTF expansion a few months later), and also was not the best tool to use versus raid bosses because you were taking more dmg using it than keeping Shining for example (at this time, the game was not checking what effect of the same SPA was being the better to determine the least dmg amount taken).
    Defensive Proficiency appeared one year after knight new defensive disc, made by Elidroth, to try to restore mitigation balance between tanks. It's a great tool made for warriors imo, but it shifted the mitigation balance then to being way in favor of warriors versus knights. The culprit could have been the % of the proficiency. Warriors were able to keep around the same amount of DPS rolling under defensive proficiency with using other survival stuff than defensive disc alone.
    The error has been to give it to knights to the same %, because their 2 small defensive discs stacked very well with defensive proficiency, and became better than the 36 % knight defensive disc.
    I see defensive proficiency as a tool to compensate for knight self healing power, and I always have supported this tool.
    Also, defensive proficiency allowed warriors to solo (and group tank for New / group gear warrior) better in group content, especially since Pain doesn't hurt isn't a sustained mitigation tool anymore.
  13. Questoften32 Augur

I want warriors with freaking laser's attached to there heads.

..or at least, more ka-pow at low levels, 1-70. Cant wait, for that warrior goodness.
  14. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Warrior do not have equal dps to SK by any means cause of the newer aa's stances etc far from it, in fact most sks that actually go all out dps have several unfair advantage for one you have dps spells that alone says you DONT need better weapons then PURE melee class, two you have better crit blast potential aa's as a hybrid class, on that argument then Beastlord should have beastlord only 2hander that are 50-70 more damage value then a monk? Cause that seriously how that logic works, and it doesn't hybrid should never have higher damage weapons then pure melee classes that are reliant on weapons plain and simple. Lets nerf choppa to be on par with scar and nerf your 1hander to be on par in damage to krinza, and I promise you would still be on par with war dps with spells and aa's.
  15. MaddielynBlackStar Lorekeeper

Most of these 'warriors' saying warrior is fine also play their alt sk's for most of their content instead cause warrior isn't fine they just don't want to see sk or pal nerfed or war buffed to be better. I promise you at least 90% of any warriors I have meet in this game play SK more and just log for raids. The questions is why? Cause warrior isn't fine and needs work.
  16. Phrovo1 Augur

I swear I'm hemorrhaging brain cells reading your posts. 100% of the warriors I play with only use their warrior to tank, I also know a paladin that absolutely hates their sk alt. I'm sorry if you don't know how to play your warrior correctly, maybe talk to a more experienced one to see where you can improve? oh wait you're telling the experienced warriors in this thread that they're all wrong. meh, not my problem
  17. Phrovo1 Augur

also, who cares which tank's dps is better? your job is to tank (this involves taking hits and holding aggro, dps is irrelevant there). regarding your comment about beastlords getting a 2 hander with a higher base than monks, beastlords weren't even on those sticks until tbm. every beastlord worth anything will still use dw over it anyway
  18. Drogba Augur

The numbers on the weapons alone aren't important.

They are one small piece of a complicated mess that = dps potential. <-- this being the important bit! :)

There is a not so old thread debating whether war dps is too high

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tank-dps-nerf-required.238404/

In any group, guild or community of players, certain classes may appear better or worse than others, but the % of people playing those characters to anywhere near their full potential can be very small, if any.

It really helps to know what high end players are parsing in multiple guilds server-wide to develop a realistic understanding of the status quo.
  19. p2aa Augur

This thread was a big lol right from the start. When you link a DH HA parse, ridiculous easy 3 years old content (yet when COTF was current this was easy), and state it like it's a good way to measure actual warrior DPS, you aren't taken seriously.
    That being said, what happened next made me laugh a lot.
    These few warrior and knights were targetting only warrior DPS, and wanted it to be nerfed without touching knight DPS.
    Devs nerfed the DPS of the 3 tank classes.
    There is kinda some justice in this world haha.
  20. Warpeace Augur

So Warriors parsing in the top 10 for burn DPS was intended according to you right?