Please adjust xp on phinni and any future TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bossboy, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vardune Augur

I don't understand the need to level as fast as you can. EQ has some much content and so much gear to find and get, the journey to max level is the fun part. You have months and months to hit max level and AAs are still a few months away. Even after Luclin releases you have 4.5 months to hit 60 and get some AAs. I personally like the exp rate it is perfect right now. was a bit rough to start but I can actually spend a few nights in a dungeon and get some relevant gear before I out level the dungeon. I would say leave Phinnys exp rate just the way it is and adjust exp rate on a NEW server. I personally would have stopped playing a while back if I would have hit max level to fast. After you it max level you can raid and or make alts but that soon burns you out. Its really is inDBGs best interest to make a NEW server like Phinny and make it easier for the player that want that experience and leave the EXP rate on Phinny alone, don't mess with it again. I personally quit Lock because I had some many alts max level and was just bored out of my mind. Phinnys exp rate is what brought me and my buddies back to EQ and the instanced raids and zone balancing.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  2. Seraphix Elder

I guess you're just copy/pasting this on every thread, but I have a secret for you. Hope you're sitting down:

Not everyone wants to play the game like you. When your response to someone else's ideas about an enjoyable gaming experience are "Well *I* think", "Well *I* feel*", Well *I* get bored", etc... well, hopefully you get the idea. Not everything is about you.
  3. Tallor Lorekeeper

Interesting differences of opinion on the definition of a "casual."

Some of us think a casual is simply the opposite of a content locust.
    Others of you think a casual is someone who wants monty hall rewards for little risk or effort.
  4. Tallor Lorekeeper

Just one week to get level 21 is considered long? This is a far cry from 1999. Quellious launched March 16, 1999; and the first 50 dinged five months later. Message follows: "On Thursday, August 26th near 8 eastern, Marc, was the first person to get level 50 on Quellious. The first and only level 50 Druid on the server. Congrats Marc!"

It took me, personally, three months to ding 33 (Paladin) and I played NONSTOP with groups starting July 1999 on Brell. http://whitewolfbrigade.com/wwb/images/flash.jpg.

Finding it funny, now, to note that three other level 33 Paladins on that list started EQ the same week that I (Arclan) did. Though we liked each other and shared the common bond of starting EQ in the same week and same city (Freeport); we infrequently grouped together. Yet we were all the same level three months after server launch (and all played nonstop).
  5. Kutsuu Augur

Interesting concept! That makes me wonder if they have different servers with different rulesets for just that very reason. Holy crap do you think that's also the reason there are so many other games out there? MIND... BLOWN...

Don't mind me though, I have a huge tinfoil hat and someone else already pointed out that I'm an evil mind controlling narcissist or something like that.
    Your_Ad_Here and Kraznor like this.
  6. Ethereal Augur

Is this thread still going on? Jeez phini players, you'd be 60 if you spent less time on the forums crying.
    Legerdar and Beimeith like this.
  7. Strawberry Augur

That the thing isn't it, it's not 1999. People's lives and expectations have changed.

How large a percentage of players their lives have not changed? Probably a very very small part of the overall EQ player pie.

I'm interested in how a game like Pantheon will do, I think it will tank miserably, due to the fact that Brad his mindset is still set in 1999. You have to account for these changes.

Now, DBG is lucky that nostalgia is such a driving factor, but we all know TLP have very little lasting power.
    Kraznor likes this.
  8. Strawberry Augur

When I use casual in a sentence, I am referring to someone who has a limited amount of time to dedicate to a game. Someone who often has responsibilities outside of the game that prevent them from playing consistently, often playing in sporadic and inconsistent sessions, ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours, rarely longer.
    Tallor likes this.
  9. Gromph Elder

There are so many casual players that found the time to level on Phinny with their busy lives.

Strawberry. You sir are confused at how MMO genres work. What ever your expectations are, you are seriously confused. Obviously complaining about exp, means you want to hit 60. What purpose do you want to hit 60 for? raid? If you are doing it to raid, your 30 minute casual playtime will never raid, IN any MMO. Find a new Genre.
    Tallor likes this.
  10. Ethereal Augur

You're obviously not working while at work. We just learned how to infer from context this week in school. Bring a laptop, get off the forums, dry your tears, then get some levels. That seems pretty logical to this 12 year old.
    Tallor likes this.
  11. Numiko Augur

I checked last night, and have 36 days played on my characters as of Aug 17th.

Birthday was Dec 11th 2015. so we are roughly 251 days into this server now.

That means my average per day is 3.4 hours or 23 hours a week, when I said 10 hours a week max, that was a bit misleading as I meant 10 hours of exp time, I do raid a lot (3-4X a week) but I would not count that as play where you gain a lot of exp, the bulk of my exp time is on weekends, though i do attend raids mid week I rarely exp on a weekday except for maybe a holiday.

I hit 60 about 6 weeks ago at the start of July which means I would have been close to roughly 29 days played when i hit 60.

I do have some advantages in I am a very experienced player, and three box so I was never having to wait to look for a group. I just know where to go to get the best exp per hour, and no it is not in any of the "popular spots" listed elsewhere in this thread.

I should also say I am not against a exp increase, I am also a altaholic, and I have not been able to do much of that here because of the slow exp.
    Tallor likes this.
  12. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

And here I thought a casual 3 boxer made 60 at 10 hours a week.... :rolleyes:
    Tallor likes this.
  13. Seraphix Elder

It seems to be almost exclusively very experienced players with boxes and/or great support in the form of friends and guildies who come crashing in to defend the slow experience rate. This isn't a shot at them--in fact it makes sense. When you know the game like the back of your hand and you rarely want for a group or PL, you probably look at other people complaining and think "What's their problem? This is great!" I don't think they're wrong for enjoying things the way they are. It's just a different point of view based on their median play experience.
  14. Pikallo Augur

How many times are you going to regurgitate this argument in the same thread? We get it, the MMO industry and culture has changed over the years. That in itself is simply not a valid reason to overhaul the exp rate, or anything else in this game for that matter.

That being said, I do agree that it would make logical sense to increase the exp rate - but for a completely different and unrelated reason. Phinigel was created with what started at a 84 day fixed expansion unlock rate. That is fairly quick in terms of a TLP, and thus, you would expect the experience rate to be reflected proportionately. I do not feel(and many others as well) that the rate of experience is proportionate to the pace of the server. For that reason, I would justify an increase. It has nothing to do with the fact that I have a job and family, or that WoW is extremely accessible and easy.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Of course everyone is going to have their own mind-set on it.
    As someone who 4 boxes the experience rate is terrible for trying to get friends up to level even with PL.

I've done the 1 - 60 in pre-made , exp pot burning group, once was enough
    Did the red-wine quest to 40 on 3 alts, which was roughly 9 hours and 22,000pp per character before the nerf thank god
    and now I'm helping 3 friends in their 30's with a 60 support and it's slow go as they log on for 2 hours as I pull and help.

I can't imagine what's it's like for a solo person with limited support and play time.
  16. Numiko Augur

I'm not defending the exp rate, or think it's great. I was just refuting people who say its impossible to get to 60 without playing excessive amounts of hours per day or week.

Take away my time spend in raids and I do only play EQ maybe 10 hours a week.... also I never claimed to be a casual player, but I am far from a hard core, they were 60 a week after Kunark launched.
  17. GrugSA Augur

Casual indeed
  18. Numiko Augur

whatever, believe what you want.
  19. GrugSA Augur

People don't want to get to 60 to get to 60, they want to get to 60 to raid ect and then they still have to do key quests ect... your "oh but i raid also and that doesn't count" comment is therefore an invalid reason for throwing it out of calculation.
  20. Your_Ad_Here Augur

Many know about my guild of mainly crafters and people who play an hour or two a day. And I enjoy the exp just fine. I started when the server came out, and I'm almost level 20! And I even box a Cleric.

So yeah, love the experience on Phinigel. Don't want it changed.

[IMG]
    Tallor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.