Please adjust xp on phinni and any future TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bossboy, Aug 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strawberry Augur

I don't think some people understand what most people in 2016 expect from a game.

This is not 1999 anymore, if you think you can just copy / paste a timeconsuming game from 1999 to now and attract players due to anything more than mere nostalgia you are flat out mistaken.

People used to tolerate waiting a minute for their 56k moden to get online. People used to tolerate reading through a game manual. People used to tolerate 4 minute loading times.

Those days are pretty much gone, computers went mainstream, and many of those people now lead busy lives, and their expectations of what a game should be like drastically changed.

There are people who will argue there is still a niche market left, like that upcoming game Pantheon. That's a dangerous assumption, you're under the assumption that those people from 1999 are still living the same exact life where they can spend countless hours on a game and have little to no responsabilities in real life.

How many people are using powerleveling services on phinni, every other zone I log into has someone PLíng someone else. How many people on phinni are desperate for the fungi tunic / twink items, how many say they are not willing to make an alt due to the XP timesink, how many only seem to log in during double XP weekends. Players do everything in their power to actually bypass timesinks, very often in illegitimate ways.

I don't think that niche demographic still exists.
  2. Natigo New Member

umm no, it was designed as a truebox progression server...meaning it was supposed to bring the community back to the game and please the non-boxers, as well as pleasing the progression community. they've never made a "classic" server, which is what I assume you are referring to about the "old school" feel
  3. TLP Addict Augur

I suspect a lot of the forum warriors claiming that the exp is just fine as it is are still in a similar situation to what they were in 99.
  4. Natigo New Member

I don't think its fine, I think its crappy exp. I'm going to inform you tho so you understand how the game works. Any EQ era pre luclin has a 4% exp cap. meaning any mob you kill whether its lvl 1 or lvl 100 will only give you a max of 4% exp. Make sense? the cap wont be lifted until luclin, then completely removed at PoP. its the way the game is coded. The exp isn't fine, it sucks. Unfortunately its just the way it is in this era
  5. MabbuPhinny Augur

Regular EXP is what it is....all past TLP have seen adjustments to the earned AA rate if it was unreasonable once Luclin came out. Regular EXP has always been slower until about that time as well. So look for adjustments in Luclin I would say if its take 10 hours to get a single AA...the forums will be exploding with people complaining if that happens I'm sure.

Then again it is a special rule set server and there are two other newer TLP servers (Ragefire and Lockjaw) which you can play on if the EXP is too bad for you....but I know...you want to play on Phinney, and rightfully so as thats where the lions share of the population is playing. but I am here to tell you that you have no reason to complain...you have more TLP options right now than Everquest has ever had.
    Tallor likes this.
  6. MabbuPhinny Augur

I'd also like to add that if Roshen is almost 60, then none of you have an excuse.
    Tallor likes this.
  7. Jerluss New Member

This is incorrect. 4% max per mob would be COMPLETELY fine. Currently, despite whether you're in a group or not, your max gain per mob (that I've witnessed,) is 1%. My brother and I leveled up a 40 wizard/bard duo, simply solo/duoing because we both were very casual players who didn't enjoy grouping with PUGs. When they nerfed quest XP, we basically both quit because the XP was so incredibly bad for a solo player.

What people don't get is the full group XP is fine. You get good XP in a full group. What needs fixing is SOLO XP.

I've said it so many times that it's dumb already. DBG has lost so many subs, including my brother and I, because of this. (Posting on my cousin's account, no I'm not an active member.)
  8. Tibalt Lorekeeper

Here we go again, kids.

[IMG]
    Tallor and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  9. Numiko Augur

I think the exp is slow, but it is not prohibitive.. I have managed to get three characters to 60, and have been there for a while and I only play EQ on weekends. I only log into EQ on weekdays for raids .. and raid exp is way worse then normal exp!
    Tallor likes this.
  10. Garmr Augur

Really not sure if trolling. As for not character getting more than 4% regardless of level, that's more bs. Rolled a bard last night, buffed him and sent him on his way, yellow con mobs regularly giving more than 4%, more like 10% or more.
    People screaming about the horrible xp on Phinny:
    1) Don't know what slow xp is
    2) Don't know wtf they are doing
    3) Don't realize there are plenty of servers with FASTER xp

Seriously, quit your crying about xp. Don't like it? Don't play or play another server. You folks are right, folks lives have changed. Since 1999, I've aged (45) can't play late nights anymore, don't want to. Have a ton more responsibilities, have a 10th the time to play I used to. I xp/play 10hrs a week maybe, including weekends. Somehow since April when I started playing on Phinny, I've been able to level a SK to 33, a Monk to 60 a Cleric to 60, various toys hovering around lvl 10 and will level a Beastlord to 60 when they open. XP is horrendously slow eh? Granted I can afford to and buy xp pots while leveling, but the cost is low and not an obstacle to all of you with real jobs and lives now right?
    Tallor likes this.
  11. Really Angry Bear Journeyman

This is a fantastic attitude for fighting the serious playerbase attrition battles TLP servers are already always going to face.
  12. AgentofChange Augur

Xp is what it is. If they start losing a lot of people because the xp rate is so bad then they'll probably adjust it. Hard to imagine it's driving that many people away when there are like 18 guilds killing in-era raid content.

If you quit the game because of the xp rate than you are actually in the minority, no matter how much you seem to think you are in the majority.
    Tallor likes this.
  13. Seraphix Elder

The really slow xp is the only thing really keeping me from fully enjoying Phinny, but its the best EQ server around--the ruleset is almost perfect and it's enough to keep me subbed--for now. We'll see how they handle AAs and exp rates in the future.

You have no idea who leaves for what reasons. You're making literally the same fallacious statement.
  14. Pikallo Augur

This is most definitely a dead horse topic and DBG has time and again stated there is no plans to change it. So I'd expect a thread closure pretty soon.

Personally, I'd love for them to make the experience more in-line with the other TLPs which would make more sense given the fixed(and reasonably rapid) unlock timers. However, it is what it is and as a player, you can either suck it up and play on the server as they have clearly designed it, or you can cry and complain and quit.

I have no sympathy for the people crying "but omg its 2016 and I have a job now!". Guess what? Many people that played in 1999 had a job and family too. Its such a lame excuse to cater to the need for modern day culture of instant gratification. I'm perfectly fine with making a reasonable argument about slow xp and as I mentioned, I do think it should be faster. But the reason it should be faster is NOT because I have a job and family.

edit - just throwing in that I do have a full-time professional career, wife, child, dog, house and 3 lvl 60s on Phinigel.
  15. Brumans Augur

And one day your wife, children, and pets hope to see you again! ;-)
  16. That One Guy Augur

You couldn't be more incorrect about the max exp being 1% per kill...

If you killed 100 mobs to get from lvl 1 to 2, then I'd believe you. But, we all know this is completely false. How can you even think that 1% per kill is right? I am doubting that even you believed what you typed.
  17. Seraphix Elder

Fairly certain they were trolling. You can kill your first yard trash mob at level one to see it's incorrect, hehe.
    That One Guy likes this.
  18. Risiko Augur

Anybody saying Phinigel isn't for casuals is streight up crazy. Phinigel is the most casual friendly server ever made for Everquest. Raid instancing means EVERYBODY gets to FIGHT THE DRAGONS.

You can be the most casual player of all casual players, and you still get to fight the dragons.

Now that we have established that, the experience rate on Phinigel is horribad.
    Tallor and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  19. Risiko Augur

That's a flat out lie. I know because I power level some of my alts with my high level druid on a second computer. There is a cap to the maximum % of current level gained per kill, and it's no where close to 10%.

That's why it's actually more beneficial to pull yellows that will die to the ds faster than reds that take longer (max hp of mob versus DS damage per hit).
  20. Trevalon Augur

Lol, "dont like it just quit"

People said that on Vulak too...guess what, people did quit and the server died...So keep saying things like that and pretty soon there won't be anyone left...but chances are you don't care and are planning to just quit with PoP anyway.
  21. Jerluss New Member

I did quit, several months ago. So did my brother. PS, IDGAF about level 1-30 or whatever XP. I am talking about 40+ XP. I had a 40 bard and 47 necro and had soloed quite a bit. Unless there was a BIG XP increase (haven't seen anything,) you get 1% per solo mob. This was even on Yellow con mobs. Note, no XP pots were used. 4% per mob at any decent level is ABSOLUTELY ludacris and you are probably referring to Ragefire...............

PS, look at my original post, I even said my brother and I duo'd to level 40... SMH at the lack of literacy skills of these fan boys.
  22. Semah Augur

I don't think I've seen 4% per kill off anything past the mid 40's, even on Ragefire.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.