Player Studio - New Items (plus old)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cakvala, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Candydare Elder

That is awesome! I am looking forward to purchase your designs.:)
  2. Drakophine New Member

It's times like this I wish I hadn't given up on learning Blender, oh well! According to patch notes they'll be available the 13th, so it'll be nice to see what people have submitted.
  3. Cakvala Augur

I am so excited! I cant contain myself! :x
    Mellifleur likes this.
  4. Xirtket Augur

Congrats man! keep up the good work:D
  5. Cakvala Augur

Currently I have 4 of the items on sale in the Players Studio, the rest I assume will be coming in a staggered release not to flood the market.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

(So Excited) PS. Piestro I would like the a in game title of "The Designer" thank you!
    Reht likes this.
  6. Piestro Augur

Awesome work; congrats to you and the other folks whose work is now being featured! I really like the idea of a title for designers, will mention it to the people involved.
    RekMMO and Cakvala like this.
  7. Braveheart Augur

The green shield adds 18ac to your shield. Can't say i'm a fan of green, but being a tank I added it.
    Cakvala likes this.
  8. Cakvala Augur

Design is subjective, not everyone will like them and If I thought everyone would that be just dumb. It does not bother me. Thanks to everyone for the complements!
    Vouivre likes this.
  9. Pirlo Augur

Good work Cakvala. Ignore the haters.
    My question is 2 part.
    1) With aaaaaaaall the people talking about making items via player studio, only Cakvala and someone else gets items in the Marketplace? Is there really that few people in EQ capable / willing to make items?
    2) Cakvala, your bloody axe is great. But wasn't that designed to be a 2HS for berzerkers? So the artists coded it 1HS and ruined your creation? Same with that sword that looks like a piercing item. Intended for rogues, but coded 1HS?

/cheers
  10. Riou EQResource

for 1) They only put in like 1/3 or 1/2 of the total items they patched out so far :p, no idea if they were all Cakvala's or not though, but you aren't seeing all of them currently (There were around 50 or so files of player studio stuff added, idk exact # in game though that went live)
  11. shiftie Augur

I was mildly disappointed with the size/proportion of the spirit shield to the player. From the pics you posted I expected something much larger.

Otherwise nice work - it is funny to see how poorly eq renders things, because the pics on this website were misleading as to how they would look in game.
  12. Tuluvian Elder

I was really looking forward to the dagger ornament. Regardless, awesome work Cakvala!
  13. Gamanern Journeyman

So the axe ... has the bloody side pointing towards the player ... Any chance they put your weapon in game upside-down?
  14. Cakvala Augur

To focus on these questions, Three people were displayed this week. Also, eep in mind there are a lot of submissions, I would assume some got rejected (as I did a few that were rejected and I had to rework)

I have to agree, the axe is the wrong direction... I don't know if it was my fault or what, but I am sending feedback on it.
  15. Cakvala Augur

That is one thing I do not have control over, once I've submitted to the designers its in their hands beyond that for size and such. I do use the sample files to get some sort of sizing done before submission but final decision is in SOE hands.
  16. Piestro Augur

The AC added to the shield is a bug. We'll be messaging this shortly.
  17. Piestro Augur

Much less than 1/3 to 1/2 actually. We've got quite a few already (with more in the pipe) but will be releasing them slowly so everyone gets a chance to be featured.
  18. Mini New Member

It would be awesome if you, SoE, could provide an .obj file of the 1x torso for scaling purposes. I assume you scale objects by race. So, a wood elf/human would be 1x scale and an iksar might be 1.2 scale. An ogre, troll, or werewolf might be 1.5

Having a 1x scale torso model would really be helpful to all designers.

By the way, nice job Cakvala

-Mini
  19. Geroblue Augur

I'm glad you posted that before I purchased... hmm. I need to go buy SC cards today. I like the looks of the items.
    Cakvala likes this.
  20. Cakvala Augur

I suggested the same thing, Mini. Ha :)