Player Studio - New Items (plus old)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cakvala, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Cakvala Augur

Like medieval ornate ? Or ?
  2. Braveheart Augur

I'll link a few ideas: Another GREAT idea is a Sword in your primary, and a Sheath in your offhand. You would use it like a weapon but would give the appearance that you just pulled your sword out.
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
  3. Cakvala Augur

I do have a few swords with more detailed blades on them in the works, those take a bit more time to work on. But I see where you are coming from and already on that path :)
    Kirbane likes this.
  4. Synisca Augur

Wow, you do GREAT work! I love the shield of fear! Can you do any monkly h2h? ;)
    Cakvala likes this.
  5. Savager Augur

No bulky H2Hs please, smokey/glowing auras I know are wanted by the community. Stuff like the Burning Ash of the Lake and Arcane Library Paperweight if you know what those are.
    Rainbowdash and Synisca like this.
  6. Rainbowdash Augur

This. I never thought I'd hate an item graphic more than the overused "shimmery white nothingness shield of a million items" or the "oh look i have half a floating semi luminescent red nerf ball hovering over my fist" but the VoA 2 handers come close...

When an item graphic in the hands of an ogre or troll is the size of a small building there's a problem.

None of Cakvala's items look anything like that though. I love your work so far =D Keep it up!
  7. Cakvala Augur

I have been working on a Hand 2 Hand fo the Mastrum series but the designs just are not there yet, weapons seem to be harder to develop and make them look "right" well to me anyway :)
  8. Tarrin Augur

Suggestion: You seem to have a ton on your plate, so I feel bad even making a suggestion. :p First, love the work. Second, as it is now, the market place has very few "nature-ish" ornaments. As a druid, I tend to keep things druid-y. Eternal grove set, my house is rather druid-y., etc. The only set I think currently in the marketplace is the elderwood ( spelling? ) shield and 1hb. The 1hb staff thing has such an awkward setting for where you hold it, that it turns me off a ton.
    I know personally I would buy an ornament set that appealed in that way.
  9. Cakvala Augur

What would "druids" look for, a Scimitar(S) Wooden type staff? What weapons usually do we get now for druids a lot of 1HB or ?
  10. Tarrin Augur

Druids tend to get a druid only scimitar ( 1hs ) in the group game. That may be at least an option that also appeals to rangers as well. Or anyone else wanting to feel "natural".

As far as raid weapons, they've been 1hb, and I don't see anticipate the best weapons for priests/druids changing from that.

As far as look...for staffs/shields I'd personally want something wooden/vine-y/leaf-y/etc. I don't really know how that would be incorporated into a scimitar off the top of my head, though.
    Cakvala likes this.
  11. Cakeny Augur

A shillelagh is good choice for druid weapon too.
  12. Nolrog Augur

I like that hammer a lot. Nice job.
  13. EverChanter Augur

One idea I've been thinking about, and it could/could not be put in for player studios...

Would SoE consider putting player made promotional videos on a website or such to be used for a playerside EQ promotion? It seems there's no resources going towards advertising for EQ, and I know many people including myself spend hours working on videos (currently working on one for PS2). Would be a great way for players to push the product they play, and possibly free promotion for EQ if they push it on to 3rd party sites (massively, ten ton hammer, etc.)

I'm sure we could get some incredible RoF promotional videos.
  14. Cakvala Augur

I don't see why not really, but that is up to SOE.
  15. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

I got a great idea for a two handed axe :D

[IMG]
  16. Tarrin Augur

Looks like a bard weapon.
  17. Tobynn Augur

Frankenstrat!
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  18. JERUS Augur

Trust me you don't need any more H2H weapon ornaments after RoF. Shinai, Ball of Sunlight and Kranigan's fist (black smoke).... why use anything else? :D
  19. Cakvala Augur

Update - Player Studio shows all of my ACCEPTED items have been moved to COMPLETE. Yay! Soon you all can be uber looking(ha)?
  20. Zorasis Lorekeeper