Phinny server looking like it's going to be packed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lejaun, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Batbener Augur

I tell my wife that all the time, but she isn't buying it. As for the rest of what you said, it's true. It does hold weight. How you go about doing it also holds weight. What type of competition also holds weight. I predict this server will be one of the best communities, and one of the most cut throat on open world raid mobs. Should be fun.
    Curate, Qelyn, Machail and 1 other person like this.
  2. Banai Augur

This is without a doubt. So far like what 4-5 open world guilds? Will be a ton of racing.

What would be nice is if that racing actually included some part skill. What I mean is actually having tanks be the well tank. I'd like to not see first kills coming from 40 mages for a change. Won't happen ofc but if those 'top' guilds want to prove some worth then do it legit for the first time in 16 years lol
  3. Syrup Augur

[IMG]
    Curate likes this.
  4. Drexll Augur

If you really wanted competition against other players you'd be rolling on Zek. EQ was never about competition among players, and this is coming from an old Rallos Zek player. PVP is the only real competition.

Also, it's not at all that I wont admit something. I personally, truly and honestly DGAF about who does anything first, because I know Ill get to do it too. Ever week to my heart;s content.
    Oldschool likes this.
  5. Delphwind Augur

I heard Decreux was a spy!
  6. Qelyn Augur

Different strokes for the different folks. Some people like being first. Some people like going at their own pace. Neither are "wrong". Just different mentalities.
    Batbener and Machail like this.
  7. rekais910 Augur

What about the mentality that the other person's mentality is wrong? Is that mentality protected by the clause of different mentalities of 2015?
  8. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

With regards to petwalling, I don't think a guild should do that if they have sufficient amount of members. It's a lot more challenging to go into content without a petwall and challenge your guild, like I plan on doing with mine.

On Lockjaw, I raidlead the first Nagafen and Vox, which were the fastest first kills on them on any server, minus Mayong, which started at 50/51 and I'm sure naggy/vox died quick there. When we had a sufficient raid force to kill stuff without petwalling, I've wiped my raids before just so we can practice on mobs without petwalling.

Pets are not an indication of skill. That's why we won't be petwalling the classic server firsts here. For those that are, good luck, and remember to stock up on malachites.

Although I'm sure there are already plans for people to petwall stuff down, and honestly a zerg of level 20ish pet classes can probably do it, I have no intention of petwalling classic server firsts with my upcoming Phinigel guild.
  9. Lejaun Augur

If you do that, actually beat content without the petwall strategy, I will applaud you (and anyone else doing the same). First "legit" kills are more important than server firsts.
    Drexll likes this.
  10. Vazuvius Augur

Being the first to kill some one? Commit a crime? Being the reason laws exist to prevent harm and damage were achievements?

You argument makes no sense, I understand your point but it's a justification in your own mind of why YOU would want to be first. To a logical person it doesn't work out, because it makes no sense. You garner ZERO advantage from being the first to kill an instanced raid mob. The only reason anyone even keeps track on live servers anymore is because the same guild that tracks it is always #1 - (or the person who ran it used to be there anyway, I guess beimeith is wherever now) if you think anyone actually cares past trash talking rights I don't think you can be reasoned with.

The only reason this game survives is people enjoy playing it, a small fraction I'd wager probably less than 1% share your 'ideal' that being #1 is something everyone strives for because it's an achievement. If you think being #1 in a video game means anything they have 1-800-Help-Mepls numbers in every state.
    Drexll likes this.
  11. Laronk Augur

WTB PVP TLP
  12. Qelyn Augur

Not all achievements are happyfuntime achievements. Also, if you are making that kind of a leap, you officially went from 0 to 100 real quick.

The rest of your post is rather humorous, because considering that you call it a "justification in your own mind", you spend the rest of your post justifying in your own mind why it isn't an achievement.

If you think that you garner 0 advantage killing an instanced mob first, then why do people make announcements on their kills at all? Isn't all of Live instanced now? And I don't think anyone is going to be tooting their own horn about killing instanced mobs. However, open world mobs where there is actual competition, yes that is still something worth being proud of in the context of this game.

I'm sorry that you and I don't share the same ideals when it comes to high end raiding. It's also a little disappointing that you choose to lash out at me, telling me that I need some sort of help because I get a different enjoyment out of this game than you. However, it is the internet and it's not the first time something like this has happened, and it won't be the last.

If you play on Phinny, I wish you the best of luck and if your group ever needs a monk, feel free to look me up! I'll be happy to help! :)
  13. Kobra Augur

Hopefully they don't split the server population in 2 like they did with LJ so nobody can duck the competition this time.

It would be great if FI would man up and join the server to compete like they claim they wanted on LJ. Well you're never gonna get a better chance than here.
  14. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Competitive pve! lulz
  15. Machail Journeyman

I was going to throw in my 2 cents but it's unneeded as Qelyn summed it up more concisely than I would have with:
    I think the real point here is that we all need to take a moment and acknowledge that Batbener has already won this thread.
    Drexll and Qelyn like this.
  16. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Getting server 1st has a lot of benefit for a guild that wants to play the hardcore way. It gives incentive to other hardcore newcomers on the server to apply to that guild allowing them to contest even more of the open world content. Wich in turn helps the guild get server 1st the expansion after that etc.

It's true that for someone aiming at joining his "casual" (I don't like the term) guild and clearing his instances every 6.5 days it does not really matter. For people that aim to play a much more hardcore style, it does.

The way I see it is just that it gives you "Something more" to do while waiting on instances to reset every week.
  17. gamerguy845 New Member

Qelyn owned this thread.

Just one thing I would add, I think people are undervaluing the open world raids,if a single guild can claim every open world target every time it spawns, that's twice as much loot as any other guild in the same time period. People will be fighting hard.
    Qelyn and SqueeshSqueesh like this.
  18. MBear Augur

A lot more than twice. Open world targets are way faster spawns than instance timeout locks.
  19. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Twice? Try 3x-4x more loot.
  20. gamerguy845 New Member

Maybe RNG would give you more good loot, but twice as many raid targets total. Why have 12 naggys when you can have 24! Granted any decent guild can clear kunark with 12 naggys, but as the expacs go on their end boss fights get comparatively harder. If the server is still hot in Luclin, Open world Vex Thal is gonna be a hot exciting mess.