Phinny server looking like it's going to be packed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lejaun, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Lejaun Augur

Everyday it seems like we get a message from a Lockjaw guild saying they are moving to the new Phinigel server. I've seen a few from Ragefire as well. Lots of others seem to be coming out of the woodwork to join up again as well. This server is going to be crazy and packed. I hope the queue line code is up to snuff.

Those left on Lockjaw (and Ragefire too I imagine) are certainly going to have a world to themselves soon.

I look forward to meeting everyone there, and I hope that the chance to wipe the slate clean is taken advantage of by those guilds/players with shadier pasts while we keep as much of the drama in the past.

Let's make this a quality server that succeeds, folks.

Anyone looking for a raiding guild on West Coast time please look at Broken Wave ( http://www.broken-wave.org ). Things are shaping up well so far and we are looking for more quality players eager to raid on our own schedule rather than what the server spawns dictate.
    Finchy and Warrior007 like this.
  2. Skipper Augur

I certainly hope that there is drama between guilds. That is what makes EQ fun. Good ole competition.
  3. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Looking forward to seeing you guys! I wish you guys all the best.

Here's for a quality atmosphere :)
    Lejaun likes this.
  4. Catashe Augur

Only drama there going to be are people who got past the antiboxing code and maybe some of the guild who are trying to compete in the open world raid content
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Keying could potentially cause some drama too, if people are being disruptive to the keying parts. (Assuming instances still require the standard keys - I'd assume they likely will though)
  6. Sequins New Member

Good luck with Modest Man, sounds like a recipe for disaster. I can't imagine how they'll survive without all those mage armies.
    Drexll and Johnny5656 like this.
  7. Lejaun Augur

I imagine they will change their strategy if they relied so heavily on mages. I've seen a lot of talk about people setting up additional computers, so I imagine there isn't going to be a lot of problem running a small mage army anyways if they wanted.

It's not like any guild can't look at their roster and say, "Hey, we have 30 mages but no warriors. Let's close up recruitment for mages and make warriors a priority."
    Sequins likes this.
  8. Catashe Augur

yea but that drama would be totally be minor compared to the Raid target drama that exists on LJ atm
  9. Fiyero Augur

And the RMTers, KSers, trainers, etc.
  10. Catashe Augur

The KSers and trainers usually die down after the first month or two and who knows with load balancing that might not even happen too much now
  11. Machen New Member

Competition and flat out are two different things. Maybe this will be the one where we have finally figured that out.
    Finchy, Agrippa and ElaidaTL like this.
  12. Krek Elder

Go to Citizen's and SA's website, register, then look at the applications. There aren't any mage armies planned by Citizen. Lots aren't even going to box a second acct. But if you read the apps of SA, you will see that a lot of SA are going to initially level up Mages in an attempt to get server firsts, then level their mains after. So maybe lay off the Citizen bashing.
    Finchy likes this.
  13. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I've actually opened up our public recruitment forums for public consumption, without registration. We're going in day zero, boys!
    Finchy and Ducreux like this.
  14. Ducreux Augur

Snooping on other guilds recruitment is the best part leading up to a new TLP launch!

I'm surprised u guys have your voice server info in public forum though.
    Delphwind and Warrior007 like this.
  15. Lejaun Augur

I'm not bashing Citizen or MM at all, actually. I was responding to another poster who said that MM uses mage armies, to which I basically responded that they are capable of readjusting their strategies even if they were (note that I'm not saying that they are), thus their attack on Citizen/MM and mage armies was essentially invalid.
  16. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

:D

[IMG]
  17. Lejaun Augur

I personally find the idea of saying a guild used mage armies and thus is unable to raid without mages is an invalid argument. Everquest isn't that complicated, especially early on. People used mages because they were far and away stronger than every other class in the game, and its not surprising that any guild used mages. Anyone not using mages placed themselves at a disadvantage early on, especially before the bosses got buffed.
  18. Weverley Augur

I think i saw 1 of the open world guild asking for minimum 2 accounts so that 1 might have a few undesirable element meaning some people who like to train other people if they want a camp though.
  19. Lateryn Augur

Not surprising. Casuals will always outnumber the hardcore and by a very large number. If you are not #1 then this server was pretty much made for you, as you get your shots @ targets every week, guaranteed. Perfect for people who can't sock, batphone, play 12 hours a day etc.

Though people thinking this server will be some bastion of peace and tranquility are in for a shock. It will have the same box armies, RMTers, trains, ninjas, guilds(hi MM/Citizen) etc.
    Agrippa likes this.
  20. Lejaun Augur

I agree that there will still be problems. I think it's impossible for EQ to have TLP servers without those problems, especially considering the lack of a hands on approach that we once saw in the past with guides and GM's (when they were far more numerous and active).

Even with many of the same problems happening all over again, Phinny still offers the greatest opportunity of any TLP so far to skip over the raid drama if you so choose. Sure, people can fight over open world spawns, but I think many will be happy to tackle Cazic, Inny, Vox, Naggy each week in classic, and then Trakanon, Sev, Gore, VS and Tal in Kunark, etc. etc on their own schedule.

This is what excites me about Phinny:

<guild> Vox is in her window. Want to go sock or DPS race her?
    <rest of guild> We have Vox scheduled for tomorrow night and have Naggy scheduled for tonight. Why waste our time on that?
    <guild> Good point. I love this server.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <superguild> Ha ha ! We killed Vox ! We're the best !
    <guild> Uh, great. We killed her too, but on our own schedule when it was most convenient for us instead of batphoning and waking up at 3am for some pixels.
    <superguild> We're number 1 ! We'll get more loot than you.
    <guild> Cool story bro. I hear Naggy is going to spawn soon and another guild is going to sock him. I'm going to go take a nap, though, and just wait until tonight for our Naggy timer to finish. Have fun with that open world kill. We wish you luck.
    <superguild> No! We're the best ! Get mad and jealous and envious !
    <guild> Uh, OK. Sure. Time for my nap. Zzzzz Zzzzzz Zzzzzz
    Soar, Zujilli, Jaxarale01 and 3 others like this.