Phinny server looking like it's going to be packed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lejaun, Nov 29, 2015.

1. ElaidaTL Augur

I'm sure of it. Too many friends on both sides this time
  2. ElaidaTL Augur

I agree with the "lay off the citizen bashing" but I in no way advocate the use of mage armies. Some folks wish to level a dps class first. We played with and against most of citizen and taking this group lightly or even as the same as what was on LJ is a mistake. I'm making a conscious decision to go up against a strong roster. Why would I fight weaponless?
    Machail likes this.
  3. Kartas New Member

Citizen having mages as primary to storm content. ROFL. Be glad you have an instance raid to do that in. Phinny server FFAs will be a DPS race on Mage raids. Lets see 40 normal players or 40 water elementals ... my money is on the players.

Also it will be hard for people to distinguish a Mage box army from what you are saying they will do. Just be ready for the hate / trains / DPS battles to ensue.
  4. JustAQuestion Elder

@ Kartas
    40 Water pets will do the same dmg as 9 or so, thanks to the anti-mage-wall-buff.

So better use 10 main pet casters (nec or mage) and use more SKS and Mnks :)
  5. -wycca Augur

[IMG]
    Aneuren, Qelyn and Silv like this.
  6. Banai Augur

Funny thing is ... who is really going to care about server firsts on an instanced server? Or better yet, who cares about them now? It's not like EQ has been around for what 16 years or anything right?
    Zujilli, Johnny5656 and Silv like this.
  7. Machen New Member

Who really cares who wins the 100m in the Olympics? It's not like running hasn't been around for a long time. I mean, everyone already knows everything there is to know about how to run!

We are competing against each other, not against the game.
    Agrippa likes this.
  8. Slartibartfast Journeyman

9. Banai Augur

Point is that there really is no competition unless you only take into account who is getting what open world bosses. Which really won't matter here since everyone will be killing them.
    Drexll likes this.
  10. Machen New Member

There is competition. Being first to kill them each expansion is the competition. Only one guild gets to do that.
  11. Vaclav Augur

Eh, for some people drama is like a building wave behind a sea wall (or pick your analogy - I live by the water so first that comes to mind!) - it keeps building and building even if it's small and when it finally breaks it's the same gigantic cluster regardless of how big what inspired it actually is.

Personally as long as I've got SOME stuff to do, I could care less if my keying gets blockaded (not to say I might not try to key regardless though) - I just abhorred the idea of having a near impossible time to scheduling anything reasonably.
  12. Silv Augur

[IMG]
    Aneuren and Banai like this.
  13. Vazuvius Augur

Hardly holds the weight it would usually, when Velious originally launched locking down open world mobs for keys in order to hold Sleepers tomb and in turn Primal weapons made sense, and was something you could look to as an outsider on the server as to who was the power house. If you really think killing anything 'first' holds any weight on a server where it garners you no true advantage of any kind you might wanna step outside...maybe make a friend and get a hug.
    Drexll and Jaxarale01 like this.
  14. Qelyn Augur

Being the first to do anything will always be an achievement. Even if it is being the first to kill classic mobs on a new server. While it might not be the same thing as the first person to cure cancer, in this shared hobby that we all have, among our fellow nerd peers, it will hold some weight, even if you'd rather not admit it for whatever reason.
  15. Kartas New Member

Normally you would be correct Qelyn, unfortunately those "first" also have typically taken it upon themselves to become "only" due to spawn timers and flags. It is possible for the top end guild to completely block every other person from seeing content or completing epics. This is why the hate for mage boxers, and the hate for those guilds that use them to mage wall Trak and such. First in a legitimate sense is still something to honor and be proud of. Its something we all can aspire to; however when that aspiration turns into hatred because the "firsts" are holding down a mob of no value to them just because it will keep others from attempting the same content and possibly catching up or surpassing them .. that is when people no longer aspire and star to despise.

I am hoping Phiny allows a better community to go back and celebrate those that have first kills and first clears. Unfortunately that will not be the case if guilds are reliant on boxers (especially mage walls) to bring things down on day 1 of content release like we saw with LJ Kunark.
  16. Weverley Augur

I'm wondering if SA gonna try to do samething TL did on ragefire get so many people that any other guild has no chance but 3 months per expansion might be troublesome to gear all those people.
  17. Lejaun Augur

The top guild cares about them, everyone else for the most part is bleh, who cares. TLP's are a constant cycle of the top guilds trying to kill things first and making the general population care about the achievement. The general population rarely does.
    Silv likes this.
  18. Hateseeker Augur

Can't believe I never thought of this comparison before in the instancing debate.

No instancing is somewhat like everyone running a 100m race in the same lane; instancing adds lanes. Sure, it's not a perfect comparison. But not too far off, I think.
    Tronk, oldkracow and Agrippa like this.
  19. Agrippa Augur

When people are specifically recruiting and planning to petwall for server firsts, though. That's not exactly an achievement that I'd be proud of.
    Shadowslain likes this.
  20. -wycca Augur

TL has always hung around 100 or so full members on Ragefire, outside of maybe the first few weeks of the server. On a server with thousands, this isn't so many that any other guild has no chance. Additionally, guilds like Rosengard, had/have like 3-5x as many members as we did. So not sure your statement is based in fact.