Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tachyon Augur

Nice social people occasionally try to prod the anti social into socialness. It's a human thing, not an attack.
    MBear and Your_Ad_Here like this.
  2. sumoldguy New Member

Not to worry folks, already got a guild formed for hunting boxxers..
  3. Kridina Elder

To quote myself "Don't get me wrong, if it's something legitimate and you really enjoy playing that way, I'm not going to have a problem with it."

I actually meant that. Just as you have the right to have your fun, I have the right to openly state how I do not understand it. Nothing wrong with either. Enjoy yourself. Be anti-social if that is what you wish to be.

However, if the reason someone makes up such a system is because they think they can not find people to group with because the population is too sparse or for whatever reason, I'd like to point out there are several great guilds to play with. :)
  4. tysonwritesel Journeyman

I'm thinking I'll be Kikakee Wood Elf Druid in Gfay. Go ahead and add me and let's group up!
  5. Ladihawk Journeyman

Will mercs be at the start of this or not at all?
  6. TheInquisitor Old Timer

I'm done debating this, but you didn't comprehend my point. I never said anything about not applying krono to your account, between your accounts, or trading them to other players on other servers. I meant selling them on the new server ( trading to other players) for in game pp and controlling the new economy. Kapiche, champ?
  7. Kridina Elder

No, there are no mercs until the era they first appear goes live on the server. I know for those who might have been on servers where getting a full party might have been difficult, Mercs were wonderful. I loved them on Tunare! It does make the game more challenging, bit I find the game play experience good enough, I can live without them for now :)

By the way, love your name LadiHawk! I loved the movie Lady Hawk and it made me think of that :)
  8. Weverley Augur

No mercenary til Seeds of Destruction expansion so we are talking years after Phinny opens.
  9. Fiyero Augur

Nope, Mercs won't be in game on Phinny for roughly 3.7 years.
  10. Ladihawk Journeyman

Thanks. As for my name i picked it after 49 tries to find a name and knew nothing of the movie for nearly 3 years later.
  11. Pollitt New Member

the Tighty Whities?
    Sinzz likes this.
  12. Detheb Augur

And you realize i can sell a krono for PP on Phinny and trade the krono on literally any server, right?
  13. Kridina Elder

hehe. That's funny :) Did you ever watch it after that?
  14. Ladihawk Journeyman

Sure did and i actually enjoyed it.
  15. Quasimojo Elder

I have no idea how I never received any email notifications about this new server until today, but this sounded like something that might actually bring me back to EQ after years away...until I thought about this...

Like PhantomRogue, I am not a power gamer - not even remotely close. I'd say I've played EQ for 11+ years, off and on, and I think my highest level character was 76-ish. The whole reason I quit coming back was the fact that the game was just running away from me. I couldn't keep up. Even when I found myself in a guild with people happy and willing to help me progress at an accelerated rate (not PL'ing so much as running me around, showing me where to go and what to do), it was a very rushed experience. I didn't gain much pleasure from just killing stuff, turning stuff in to strange NPC's and moving on to do it again in another zone, without having the time to enjoy the lore.

It makes perfect sense that EQ is tailored to the power gamers. Invest first in the portion of the customer base that is most invested in the game. I would too, were I in their boots. Sadly, it tends to leave us more casual players in an untenable situation before too long. :/
  16. Korillo Augur

Necro posts are a theme today!

84 days is a lot of time dude. Especially in the current situation, where Phinny just started Kunark. The level cap for Kunark, Velious and Luclin are all level 60, so no matter what kind of player you are, you have a ton of time to experience the game however it is you choose to do so.

You're unlikely to find much support for longer unlock timers, especially at this point and time. An entire guild of players just spammed the forums yesterday in a request to unlock velious sooner on Lockjaw because of how "dead" their server currently is.
  17. yerm Augur

The instanced mobs are available in addition to the open world mobs available elsewhere. This means you are getting the loot above and beyond what would normally be available. You can think of it as only getting 13 kills at most each expansion, or you can think of it as getting up to 13 kills you otherwise might not have each expansion.

The other end of this is that you are not restricted to in-era content. I still see routine serverwides for dragons and gods from classic. I expect kunark content will get killed during velious, and so on down the line. Further, 13 kills is actually a ton of kills for gearing up. Unless you think you need every raid drop you could possible want? Traditional EQ didn't see most people deck out in top everything; I remember people with more than one vulak loot in merit guilds being called out on gaming forums, and again with quarm loot. 13 is plenty!

This server should still be a good place for you to take time to smell the roses. The xp bonus about to drop should be good for enticing players to level up lower levels again and group with you. In a couple months the raid-heavy velious might hurt this a little, but if you can make it to the 30s in the next couple months you should fare ok. The following, luclin, is perfect for newer players.
    Kridina likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.