Phinigel Server Coming Weds, Dec 9, 2015 @ 2PM PST

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeskola pheerie

Also he is on the Megan's Law database
  2. Roshen Brand Manager

3. twizzle New Member

Setup is almost done, just waiting for 2 ps2 extension cables for my other mice.
    [IMG]
    Nolrog likes this.
  4. Zapi New Member

2PM....gah thats almost midnight in Europe...
  5. Weverley Augur

5pm in eastern canada you cant ask for a better time.
  6. Weverley Augur

Even for europe in great britain i think would be 10pm not bad.
  7. Kridina Elder

While it's never caused me to bat an eye when someone 2-boxes, I admit my first thought when I see some of the set ups for 4+ Toons, is "Why not just make some friends and group up?" Seems like a lot of work, effort, and cost to find ways around the restrictions of having your own party/army. Yes, yes..I know you can find parts cheap...but it all adds up in the end.

Don't get me wrong, if it's something legitimate and you really enjoy playing that way, I'm not going to have a problem with it. I simply do not understand the point, especially on a server that seems to have drawn so many back.
  8. Kuldiin Journeyman

Exactly.

I am coming to play here for the community, and I hope a great deal of other people are too. What really ruined it for me on the other TLP servers was heading for a camp with a group, only to find 6 mages sat there.

Cant you botters go crap over some other server, and leave the rest of us to play EQ as it was meant to?
  9. andross77 Elder

Completely agree. I'm here for the community which was the BEST part of original EQ. I also agree with the others that have said the botters/boxers should stay on EVERY OTHER server except this one. Just give us "non-neckbeards who have legitimate jobs and social lives" ONE SERVER to play on and have fun. ONE SERVER to relive our nostalgia without having it ruined by stupid boxers locking down all the camps with the nice equipment weapons.

It is even mainly the super sad fact that some of you guys DEPEND on RMT in videogames to pay your rent or other expenses, it's mainly that us normal players want to go to Crushbone and be able to group up all the way to Dvinn. We want to head to SolB or Guk or wherever else and work our way to the main camps and have a chance. It is annoying as hell to go to those camps and EVERY TIME find a boxxed army holding it down so they can horde items and sell for krono and make real money.

GET A JOB! Make human relationships that primarily interact face to face! Don't be so OCD and addicted to 1 game that you ruin it for the hundreds of others that want to come back and have some fun. Don't get me wrong, i'm gonna have fun running around GFAY and Commonlands once again regardless of what the stupid boxers do but it would be nice to be able to progress further in the game without ever hitting a wall of stupid box armies.

See you all tomorrow night. /endrant
    TheInquisitor and Kridina like this.
  10. Vonador Journeyman

I think a lot of people have forgotten how to play the game the old-fashioned way. If people truly enjoy two- and three-boxing enough to set up gaming rigs convoluted enough to house three entirely separate PC entities, more power to 'em. I personally never have enjoyed playing more than one character at a time, as I enjoy being focused. As such, this server is actually my dream come true.

I'm so excited for tomorrow (or Thursday, as I'm sure tomorrow will be a traditional progression nightmare). Bring on the best of EQ!
    Your_Ad_Here and Kridina like this.
  11. Elkay Augur

My guess (and hope) is that a bunch of the 2-4 boxers end up making friends to play the game with and (in general) boxing ends up being reduced to only filling a spot when nobody else is around.

Hey, one can dream.
    Kridina likes this.
  12. Zublak Augur

You mad?
  13. Zublak Augur

Btw- The NY Giants suck.
    Sheex likes this.
  14. twizzle New Member

Agreed.
  15. Weverley Augur

Oh before Phinny start don't forget they change a few quests in kaladim that were giving big xp before.If i recall it's the bone chips with the pally.Forgot if they change the orc belt and shoulderpad with warrior gm also.
  16. Ducreux Augur

17. Seraphim Augur

Umm, you are going to see 6 mages sitting in camps again. Nothing is going to change.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

^
    What this guy said.

Also....lolcopter at people thinking this server is going to be night and day different from RF/LJ. (You're in for a sad surprise)
  19. Weverley Augur

I don't know about that specially with all the buzz about mage pet mechanic circulating around.But don't worry we gonna find out very quickly.
  20. nicemace Journeyman

i get what youre saying. but who are you to tell someone else how to enjoy the game? just because you don't understand it doesn't make it wrong.

me personally? ive been boxing since classic. usually 3 boxed (all diff PC's) and upped to 6box on raids during luclin and PoP.. im from new zealand so playing in the off hours of the servers usually equates to LFG for ages... been there done that... never again.

i haven't had to go to any effort to setup my 4box for this server. I already had all the computers between me and my missus so just rigged em all up with broadcasting hardware I had on my shelf and away I go.

so what if im a bit anti social? i still have just as much fun playing this game as anyone else.
    Zublak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.