PET TANK :)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yimin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Evurkvest Augur

Any nec boxing a mag? How is mag pet holding aggro over swifts and normal nec grp routine? Thinking about lvling my baby mag for the box crew now when nec pet cant hold aggro anymore.
  2. Prymal Journeyman

I use a necro tank pet, all pet aa with mage armor, weap and mask to tank DH HA.
    and a Mage Fire Pet with flaming swords.

Both chars have chitin stud focus. Can't recall what it is atm.

Necro tank intercepts holds taunt for a moment or so then Mage pet pulls taunt.

Then, this is the cool thing. They both taunt off each other, bouncing taunt back and forth.

Doing this the JG heal merc on reactive keeps them healed nicely, while J5 Caster merc on burn demolish the mobs.

On the necro I use AA Pets at start, (on hotkey assist) mana tap and a swift while I use fickle and speaks on mage.

Mob goes down so fast I dont use RS. Mana tap almost replaces the mana used to kill mob for fast, continual killing. I can clear the 3rd then 2nd missions atm with about 8 mins spare on a lesson.

May be better ways to set up, but this is how I'm currently running it.

EDIT: Oh yea. I can usually take down two mobs before mana tap refreshes. When its down I use that blood nuke for extra dot damage and swift. when that nuke is down it just uses a quick nuke.

All casting is done using a weave, so I just pull, assist key (with aa pets) then weave, weave weave, and dead. It gets really stupid when I add the chanter to the group along with anoter J5 caster o burn. Haze procs + chanter dicho - easy mode
  3. Returns New Member

Bst pet is very good for tanking again with Mage items and rage sword , but I can still take agro from pet ... not that it is an issue since I just FD it off anyway ....
  4. Bobola New Member

Prymal what kind of gear and AA do your chars have?

I find that with EM13 and just the auto-granted AAs(plus a few more pet defensive AAs) at 105 it is pretty rough going for a pet tank.

Then again, I a am sucky player who does not know how to rotate properly the defensive spells/AAs
  5. Brohg Augur

That you find 105 content challenging with level 86 focus & AA support for your pet is … well, "…", in internet parlance.

EM13 is three tiers below the common, bazaar buyable, attunable Chitin Stud earring (EMXVI). You should buy the Chitin Stud immediately, and with help work on (as in, put aside all priorities other than~) getting your Shade's Phase ear from TBM named The Watcher, for EMXVIII. As you camp that named, use the AAs you rack up to make your contribution to your warder's power match the content you want it to tackle for you.
    Sancus likes this.