PET TANK :)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yimin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Yimin Augur

What day is the patch for pet agro fix ?

Yi Min
  2. strongbus Augur

my only issue is they are saying that they are going fix pet taunt and use pet taunt to replace the pet calm and pet proc aas meaning pet taunt off = pet calm aa going. pet taunt on = pet proc aa going.
    but they have not said if they have increase the base aggro form weapon swings. or if the aggro form pet taunt is the same as having pet proc on or is better. this is info we need.
  3. Yimin Augur

Strongbus . I hope that clear that issue up for you , we will see if this needs tweaking up or down for agro , we don't want the tanks War/SK /Pal too lose agro when we don't want them to , and we also want pet agro, when we don't have a tank with us ...

Yi Min
  4. strongbus Augur

ya i read that. But what they are not saying is is the aggro going be the same as it was before jan patch what is is now or something else.
  5. Vdidar Augur

No one knows the answer at this time.
  6. Yimin Augur

We will all have to just wait and see what we get after the patch ...after a few hours of testing most that play a pet class with know if it is good , bad or spot on :)

Yi Min
  7. Yimin Augur

Well time to test pet again for agro , will compare it after patch .....

Yi Min
  8. Yimin Augur

Pet agro for me now is perfect on Mage , will test Bst later ....This was only me soloing and moloing , not a group and or raid yet , but so far this is perfect ....

Yi Min
  9. Linden Augur

Congratulations mages..I didnt realize how bad you had it. Glad to see things restored.
  10. Yimin Augur

Hello again pet owners , using my Bst just moloing and soloing ,this pet agro is perfect IMO ..Mage was also perfect IMO , even though I have a 105 Necro with 12k plus AA ,I am a very poor skilled Necromancer , so if a real Necro could comment on the new pet agro this would be awesome :D

Yi Min
  11. strongbus Augur

just went to katta and did some testing with pet aggro weaps and taunt on necro war pet didn't do that bad a job at holding aggro over me with loading on the dots. Not up to where it was before Jan's patch but no where as bad as after. Got all 11 dots on my 1st spell bar on mob. had to fd 1 to clear aggro. But before today I would have to fd after 3 dots and stay down and if i use the tbm super dot it was stay down till it was off the mob. Before Jan patch i could get all 11 on and almost never had to fd.
  12. Yimin Augur

No idea what they have done but agro is poor again .

Yi Min
  13. Yimin Augur

Agro still no good this is broken again , pet can not hold agro on trash mobs for my Bst and Mage both lvl 105 both Maxed AA and full raid gear ...Well then can hold agro if I don't DPS :(

And to test this on low level mobs ,I have also made low lvl mage, agro is just as bad for her if not worse ..this test mule lvl 46 at the time of posting ....:)

Yi Min
  14. Buds Augur

Really?? I've been playing my bl and mage and find it almost impossible to draw aggro now, I even had a 100 wizzy boxed nuking away. Do you have pet taunt on?? might be your problem. My bl can get on Melee range and use discs and never gets aggro.
  15. Sancus Augur

Main pet aggro did not increase at all with the taunt changes. The difference is on a single target the pet can taunt off of RS pets, which have significantly higher initial aggro generation. If you're using the RS pet for offtanking you're very likely to pull aggro from your main pet (or from both if you're using rains).
  16. Buds Augur

I have been playing a lot the last week and I even with my wizzy merc on burn, I haven't had one mob leave my pet on my BL or mage. I am fighting blue mobs, so not sure if level has a lot to do with it.
  17. Vdidar Augur

I am in the camp of it's probably not ever going to work anywhere near like it did when it was working right so at this point I think we are better off working together to avoid our next nerf. I'm sure it's in the works already.
  18. Yimin Augur

You claim it's almost impossible to draw agro , meaning you get agro from time to time . Then you claim you can set a Wiz merc on burn and not get agro , what to believe here ?

I know how to DPS on Mage and Bst , maybe you don't know how to get max DPS yet , but for us that do, agro is very bad from pets ...

Yi Min
  19. Brohg Augur

TIL: Sancus doesn't know how to deal damage as a magician :p
    Sancus likes this.
  20. Yimin Augur

Just was killing on Bst and pet still can not keep agro , am using my spam key and nuking nothing more ...Will load up my Mage and try her out ...

Yi Min