PET TANK :)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yimin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Evurkvest Augur

For a nec this is just annoying tbh. FDing 5 times/mob sucks but i can still dps as before. I feel bad for the mag and bst though.
  2. Linden Augur

Igniz..I never had a problem holding, or pulling aggro. Any good paladin should not. Arx2 is a good example of how well a paladin can snap aggro when a tank group wipes and Purple golem runs over to power up. Deflection/FoD/Unflinching Affirm, and in less then 2 seconds ill have complete aggro over that golem, Once its back in the cornor, Ill put down aggro pet down, then work FOD/Darkened Sea/Valiant deflection in rotation, burst healing or using AA''s as needed to help mitgate incoming dmg. by this time, Deflection is done. Holy guardian discipline, Armor of the inquisitor, and First spire of holiness are activated to boost up my healing effectiveness, Burst heals are HUGE for this situation. Grief and sorrow, HoP, LoH, Reflective, Gift of mana, are used to help stay alive too. Other then that I am hitting FOD every time its up, Valiaint Deflection, and Darkened Sea. I can tell you at least 4 times I have that done just that on arx2 raids, but thats not the point. The point I am making is that several of you, openly flamed and mocked several players, and the whole time you knew, it was all true. ..Can you explain why a raid wont pull aggro from me, but a ,mage pet could? No, you cant! And Devs looked at it, and guess what? They couldnt explain it either. Im sorry you cant be a tank, and top DPS, you dont get your cake and eat it too..If you want that, go make a paladin, and you wont need a group.
  3. Yimin Augur

Provocative Demeanor does not work they way it is tuned at this time ....it does not give enough hate to pets ...

Yi Min
  4. Igniz Augur

Just leaving the "Best of Linden" here in compacted form and uncommented: I'll let these quotes speak for themselves.
    Leex, Linden and Yimin like this.
  5. Coronay Augur

Good nerf imo. There's mages that are soloing every named in the expansion with just him and his pet. Like, really c'mon now.
  6. Igniz Augur

Solo? Never ever. With a merc? So do Warriors, SKs, Monks, Beastlords, Necromancers, Rangers Wizards and Enchanters. Oh, and Paladins. Nerf them all?

e.g.: A Warrior is a tank, technically, he wouldn't need all that fancy DPS stuff. Fellstrike and Mighty Strike do nothing for aggro, as does rampage, vehement rage, 2nd spire or brutal onslaught. Do you see me going on and complaining "NERF WARRIORS, HURR HURR BURP!"? Can you IMAGINE the uproar if people started to lobby for nerfs for Warriors?

No, Because I actually think it's nice that Warriors are able to do a little bit beside playing iron-clad meatloaf. Why is the sole answer to EVERYTHING always "Nerf them"?
  7. Coronay Augur

Even w/o a healer merc.
  8. Igniz Augur

You're kidding and you know it.
  9. menown Augur

Of course he is kidding. Mage pet heals are the worst. They are only good as a supplementary heal to a merc when fighting a named.
  10. Repthor Augur

vehement rage - this nerf our inc heals - we whould not do that what a merc healer
    Fellstrike and Mighty Strike - shares timer and lasts 12 seconds (18 for fell strike if you have A CoA bp)
    rampage- this is just 3 AE melee swings

you cant just randomly list abilitys without knowing how they are applyed or what they or what the consiquences are for useing them . i have been pretty open about that i think the pet aggro thing is not right atm. provocative AA needs boosted by atleast Tripple. but that dosent mean you get to play amature warrior on the forum
    Linden likes this.
  11. Igniz Augur

Why not? Your colleagues do so the whole day with what they perceive are magician abilities?

Edit: But thanks for proving my point - I merely mentioned a few abilities I picked up while listening to others, and SOME WARRIOR promptly goes all tooth and nail on the forums.

Edit 2: I was also not calling for nerfs. But you will agree, if the argument is "A DPS class should not be able to tank" - the argument should also be "A tank should not be able to DPS". Both arguments are as idiotic as they come.
  12. Repthor Augur

first off they are no colleagues mine

second off if u wanna get in to a sparring match about moloing, and time invested for killing things your speed as a mage doign so regardless if how nerfed your pet is or was is about 4- 5times times as fast as a warrior doing so we arent even in the same ball park. you whould just down grade your own abilitys if you wanted to be as good as warriors to molo. so lets not pretend here that you know anything about how to holiday warrior . you clearly dont. just cyz other ppl are talking otu of their behind dosent mean you should infact it just makes you look like a fool
    Linden likes this.
  13. Igniz Augur

It was not about solo/molo ability or killspeed, it was merely to point out the idiocy of the cited arguments of your colleagues class mates. No reason to get personal, but I appreciated your concern.
  14. Linden Augur

Pwned! I am going to just state the obvious...Repthor straight pwned you Igniz. And he did so with such elegant tact and grace.
  15. Coronay Augur

It's just what I've been told by mages in my guild. That they can solo named w/o a healer merc.
  16. Sancus Augur

Pet aggro is absolutely broken to the point of being unplayable right now. Pets simply do not fill the role that they've filled for the last 16 years, not because of their tanking ability, but because I can't DPS the mob while they're tanking it. No reasonable and sane person (which we know you are not) could consider this "exactly where it should be."
    You have been nothing but wrong. You've completely made up facts and demonstrated a complete lack of understanding of the game. But if you think a broken patch makes you "right," I'd like to point out the test patch with this change went out a day before you ever posted in this thread (if I call the winning powerball numbers after they announce them, I guess I'm right too?).
  17. Igniz Augur

Why ... OH WHY can I "like" this post only once?
  18. Repthor Augur

cute edits btw

and you prove my point quite nicely here , just cuz you can say dumb out of context things dosent mean they have any valid place in the dicussion. even less so when you have zero understanding how they work or when they are applyed. they just make you look foolish
    Linden likes this.
  19. Igniz Augur

Auntie Edith slapped my wrist and told me this was off-topic
  20. Leex Pewpewer

I'd like to point out that even Repthor thinks this change to pets is way to much and the hate a pet generates when it's hate buff is on should be increased several hundred percent.

That's coming from one of the best Warriors in game..