PET TANK :)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Yimin, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Evurkvest Augur

Same with nec pet, big difference. Need some tuning for sure. Still have no idea why the change was needed in the first place. Ive had zero problems with pet drawing too much attention.
    Atlans and Yimin like this.
  2. fransisco Augur

People who bot tanks and don't use any abilities had problems.

Poor SKs probably can't keep agro off pet with just auto-attack on.
    Yimin likes this.
  3. Igniz Augur

The really funny thing is:

That means, the massive aggro of the enchanter charmed mobs that Linden complained about is still there - it's just the summoned pets that got nerfed ...
  4. Eanelder Augur

Just realized they were very intentional about the language they used.

Hoping that the change is intended to be Net Zero aggro wise for "Summoned Companions" (aka permenant pets) and they are willing to adjust the % from Companion's Provocative Demeanor to get it back to previous levels.

I don't know enough about the inner workings of EQ, and or aggro, but I wonder if they did something silly along the lines of -75% aggro generation base, then a +75% aggro buff. So if it was 100 "points" of aggro originally, they dropped it down to 25, but then the +75% aggro buff is only bringing it back up to ~44.
    Atlans, Yimin, Leex and 2 others like this.
  5. Yimin Augur

Still pet can't hold agro , I should be able to nuke with my Mage and or Bst and not get the agro ....

Will do more testing tonight , we will see how broke this still is :(

I would like to know how long we pet classes have to stay paying for a game, with one of our biggest tool broken ?

Yi Min
  6. Yimin Augur

Ok I just play my Necromancer this pet bad agro also , mind you I am not a very good necromancer ,hehe I do my best ...Need turn agro for pet up a lot ...

So I play all my pet class toons ,all pets so broken now IMO , was fine be for, but tanks cant keep agro for what ever reason ,and they changed it way to much, pet so broken now ...

Yi Min
  7. Yimin Augur

I am crossing my fingers and toes they will fix pet agro , and allow us to be tanks for group still ...

Yi Min
  8. Shavin Journeyman

Hi Yimin :)
    I hope that DBC fix pet agro quickly ..used 2 big shm dots and taking agro directly...so burned mobs with necro dots and his fd aa...
    If pet class is broken, no need to play more to EQ after 13 years ago for me.
    Will nerf my susbcription difinitively:(
    Shavin.
    playful0 and Yimin like this.
  9. Duhbeast Augur

Find a tank friend to group with, problem solved. You are dps, not dps and tank.
    Linden likes this.
  10. Igniz Augur

Actually, no we aren't. Not really, at least. Our DPS was nerfed time and time again by the argument "You got a pet that is able to tank".
    Agrippa, Yimin, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  11. Yimin Augur

I am so sorry not to agree with you at all for a few reasons , and here are some .

1. when you first pick a pet class at start up it tells you in very clear English language, you are DPS and have a strong pet to defend you , and if you choose you can solo , Mage/Bst/Necro .

2. They have taken away so much power from pets already , many people have posted parse about how weaker the pets have been made .

3. For Mage they have taken away a lot of there DPS already , not so much for Bst and well who is always top on parse for raids Necromancer , this has hit mage most .

4. Can you please list the tanks that play at 4 am North American time ? Cause I can't seem to locate them, and in case you don't know I play on 4 different servers ...

5. My pet is suppose to come to my aid ,she does not any more after nuke just a few times ...

6. I play all 3 pet class and almost every other class except tanks ,today I play my Enc she lvl 105 12000AA , I know how play Enc , I charm a pet and wow this pet not lose any agro at all , are you telling me Enc is the true pet class now hehe .

Yi Min
    playful0 and Krisiun like this.
  12. Xanorak Lorekeeper

I don't think they intended on nerfing all pet classes this bad. Why would they allow pets to tank for melee and then take that away+ make it worse then it originally was.. Give them some time I bet they're figuring out how to fix it- for everyone. I'm sure the last thing they would want to do at this point is make another change that results in unhappy people

God I hope I'm right because the way pets currently are isn't working
  13. Brohg Augur

I wonder if there's any thread ever that reached the 11th page without deserving a lock
  14. Reval Augur

I haven't posted on it yet, so by general standards, it was fine until now.
  15. Linden Augur

I dont know why everyone is upset. Mage pets seem to be holding aggro at respectable level now.From what I see and hear, no one has any issue with this patch. Stop complaining. Seems to me now, things are fixed. Thank you Dev team.
    By the way...I am not going to say I was right, and gloat, that would be in poor taste. and btw..its 4:00am, Ill tank for ya.
  16. Igniz Augur

The fail is strong in this one ...
    Sancus and Yimin like this.
  17. Linden Augur

Bottom line, Igniz. I called it. I was right. You were wrong. Everyone in this forum blasted and insulted any tank that brought opposition here. And the whole time you all knew the issues were legit and not poorly skilled tanking, no, it was technical issues that needed to be corrected. Exactly what I said it was. You can all tell me as often as you want, how terrible I am as a tank,how I need to learn the game, etc. Bottom line is this. You all smeared a lot of players to cover this all up. Knowing the entire time they were legitimate issues. shame on you.
  18. Igniz Augur

As an afterthought: are you still losing aggro to the magician pets occassionally, now?
    Sancus and Yimin like this.
  19. Linden Augur

LMFAO. Well we agree on one thing. Pet aggro is fixed, its exactly where it should be. Balanced. Not bouncing aggro all over the zone
  20. Yimin Augur

Pet agro is not fixed, it is now very broken , so broken in fact I cant DPS on any of my pet classes , I can DPS like mad using a charmed pet on my Enc with out pulling agro ..

Yi Min
    playful0 likes this.