Pet Mitigation Ninja nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vincecross, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weverley Augur

Looks like mage gonna take a drop on Phinny with those changes.Not sure about necro since dots are more important for them then the pet.He's not as op as mage pets are/were.
  2. Teleport New Member

good
    Simone likes this.
  3. Banai Augur

So mage pets got a mit nerf ... they still do the same dmg from what I understand. They just nerfed the crap out of solo players and mage armies. Sucks for those that enjoy soloing but it's eq, it's not a solo game. Find a real tank and you will be fine
    Simone likes this.
  4. Quantum New Member

5. Riley Augur

Mages are mediocre in group and raid settings, and excel in solo situations - or did. Now, that's gone. It's kinder to just say, "Start rerolling."
  6. Moranis Augur

I think this is great...sorry. Seeing the class (and necros to and extent as well) that was so incredibly overpowered and exploited turned into complete crap (supposedly) just hours before the new server is just awesome. This is why I love this game.
    andross77 likes this.
  7. Morriana Journeyman

This should have happened first week of Ragefire launch imo, crazy they wait until now, but at least it's better than waiting until the mage armies destroyed Phinny too...I guess.:rolleyes:
  8. Banai Augur

They were something else before this? I never knew
  9. The Badger Lord Augur

Again can anyone actually confirm numbers here? Can anyone confirm the damage of pets? Was it strictly mitigation or was damage hit too.
  10. Banai Augur

Dear god. Reign in the dramatics. Mages are still better than some other classes. The theatrics you're putting out are just over the top. The only difference between yesterday and today is that your pet is no longer a better tank than the 3 actual tanks. So sorry your Krono market will take a hit.
    SqueeshSqueesh and Geri_Petrovna like this.
  11. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Rogues don't root, snare (without swapping to an inferior weapon and hoping for a proc at least), dot, nuke at all, etc. What's their tank? Tanks. Solo? LOL

I really do hate to see anything get nerfed, but you know what I hate more? Not being able to play or find certain key classes for groups because a handful of classes are wildly OP in a game designed around community and 6 man groups.

Soloing in EverQuest is icing. Not cake.
  12. DreamTheory Lorekeeper

This seems perfect. Everyone here who played RF/LJ here is a question for you: your group is tank/heals/ench/puller/dps and you need a 6th, what is your TOP #1 choice?

Answer? It was unquestionably Mage or maaaaybe necro. They are so unbelievably OP damage how is ANYONE coming to this thread defending mages saying they didn't need a nerf??? Lol, they are still #1 dps and people are complaining!!?? Are you serious?!?
    andross77 likes this.
  13. Riley Augur

Not part of a box army, nor ever have been. I know that's hard for people to wrap their heads around, but people actually play mages without being RMT mules.
  14. Banai Augur

I didn't say you were a box or an army. I know many that love mages. And you can still do everything you could do before. Just now it's not as faceroll and you actually have to work for it. That's a good thing. Mages were FAR too overpowered for classic - velious.
  15. Vaclav Augur

I tested for damage - and noticed no difference in short parses for damage dealt.

I wasn't paying attention to mitigation, but in retrospect I did have my pet die on me way often than my wife testing next to me.

Seems to me it's entirely a mitigation nerf.
    Simone likes this.
  16. Moranis Augur

Looks like yinz mages guys need to start getting in on some of the tanking! Use some of those bandages you never summon.
  17. DreamTheory Lorekeeper

Serious question: do pets still out damage most melee classes and do mages nuke for almost as much as wizards still?
    Simone and Drexll like this.
  18. The Badger Lord Augur

aszuth for the win! Dead Halfling forever!
  19. Banai Augur

Pets damage was nerfed a bit a month or so ago I believe but it was not changed in this patch to my knowledge. They do still do around the same as melee and mages nukes still hit almost as hard as wiz but mages have no resist modifiers so they get a lot more resists
    Simone likes this.
  20. Ootax Augur

Mages can still solo fine even w/the mitigation nerf, they just can't go solo a yellow/red con mob w/o having to put in a little effort. Before this nerf a mage pet alone would literally solo just about any non raid trash mob in the game. Now the actual player will have to send a few nukes and pet heal(when available). Having had a mage army myself I don't feel the least bit sorry and welcome this change.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.