Pet Mitigation Ninja nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vincecross, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vincecross New Member

It appears an additional change to mitigation for the pets (both necro and mages) was put in that have made them as an option to tank regular mobs unrealistic at the same time they finally placed a fix that allowed pets to tank (keep agro), My lvl 59 necro pet is now taking about 50% additional damage, I flipped to my mage and same thing. My cleric has to spam heal it to keep it up against light blue/Green mobs. This is NOT a good patch, Mitigation as was felt good, not over powered (unlike when we first started this TLP they were way over powered as tanks).Please fix.
    Krisiun and Alphont like this.
  2. squidgod Augur

Noticed this as well. Pet is back to being a pain in the DoT and occasional speed bump.
    Alphont likes this.
  3. Ducreux Augur

What a ninja nerf. Running my own tests its nowhere near 50%, they take a bit more damage but still have good dps and regen faster out of combat now.
    Xanadas, Delphwind and Sheex like this.
  4. Zublak Augur

After the last pet nerf, my lvl 46 earth pet would lose 50%+ health fighting a Hill Giant. If they're nerfed even more than they'll be next to worthless. It'll hinder Mages worse than Necros though considering a necro and fear kite the mob and the pet won't get . Mages will be SOL.
  5. Whales Aren't Orange Lorekeeper

Good. Good. So many tasty tears. I just wanna roll around in 'em and slather them all over my body.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Tears make the best lube sir. Just sayin'

Also....lul at "ninja nerf"s clearly stated in the patch message.
    Simone and DirtyWhistle like this.
  7. Vincecross New Member

This isn't about mage box armies this is like just pet classes, we have always been able to have a pet tank a mob that is blue/LB/Green without much trouble, now 1 combat round they go to 75% its not a good place to be. There has to be a balance of the group game with the nerf for the mage armies.
  8. spacetrig New Member

so.... pets are similar to what they were like in classic EQ then? probably still more powerful
    Xanadas and Simone like this.
  9. Quantum New Member

Revert to classic, sounds about right to me.
    Simone likes this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

They hit way harder - but so do PCs, so probably maths out balanced.
    The Badger Lord likes this.
  11. The Badger Lord Augur

Vac, have you tested or parsed pets yet? What is the difference between pets now and before this patch?

Are pets still doing decent damage? Does anyone have mathematics on this, a 10% drop in dps, a 20% drop in stats, etc.
  12. Riley Augur

This, coupled with the new changes to raid agro and the cumulative effect of Mark of the Old Ways is pretty much making me rethink continuing to play my mage. Now in addition to being a pathetic contribution to raid DPS because of a total lack of negative modifier spells and pets that effectively do less damage than a nuke over the course of an entire encounter, you've messed up the one redeeming feature of this class, which was being able to solo.

Watching my Epic pet get mowed down by one green froglok at the entrance of Sebilis is utterly pathetic and demoralizing. Yes. There's a problem with mage armies. But you really boned every legitimate, solo mage player with these changes.
    Friday, Lawyer and Zublak like this.
  13. Syrup Augur

Bye mage boxers, we'll miss you.
    Don't forget to write!
    Geri_Petrovna and Drexll like this.
  14. The Badger Lord Augur

Was the change MItigation only, or was it damage as well?
  15. AlmarsGuides Augur

Mage boxers will just add more mages or change classes, this change effects regular players more I would honestly say.

On that note woo hoo! I finally get to make the classes I want for my box team instead of mindlessly rolling the most overpowered one!
    Zublak, Syrup and Krisiun like this.
  16. Vincecross New Member

I played in classic, I have played a Necromancer on the Rathe since beta and pets have always been able to tank reasonably well, not the paper they are as of todays patch, it went a step to far. You can look up my Magelo ID 1445, I have been here since the beginning and never really stopped.
    Friday, Lawyer and Riley like this.
  17. Krakked New Member

Well I was going to roll a druid/mage/enc as my starting combo.. but with these pet changes, I may just have to change my lineup.. bah.
  18. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I hate to see anything nerfed but these are dps classes. Need something tanked, find a tank, I guess.
  19. Riley Augur

This sort of reactionary, overcompensating excuse for balance changes is utterly uncalled for. I hate box armies every bit as much as the rest of you, but if you really think pet classes on an individual level needed this sort of clubbing over the head with the nerf bat, you're smoking something.
    Friday and Lawyer like this.
  20. Riley Augur

I have a tank. It's called my pet. It's the reason why I don't have root, snare, DoTs, or nukes with negative resist modifiers. They just gutted the core of the mage and necro class's ability to solo, which is one of their primary selling points - mages don't have the benefit of fearing, charming, or snaring to make up the difference, though.

I'd already come to terms with doing awful raid DPS, because at least I could have fun soloing. Now, this character's effectively a coth bot as far as high-end is concerned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.