Pet Mitigation Ninja nerf

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vincecross, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyrical Augur

Root and charm ftw. Snare for the other classes is a monster on giants as well.
  2. Lyrical Augur

Daha mages arent tanking any better than they did before. They tank just like the other casters. Horribly. You are just forced to do so now and are trying to find a way to believe it in your mind that your mage is still awesome in some way.

Having to bandage up and face tank is not the new mage ability. If pet provocation AA worked, you wouldnt be face tanking at all.........oh except if ya dont the pet is gonna die lol. Almost forgot that part.
  3. Lyrical Augur

Ok I finally just now got it and understand you.

No matter what anyone else suggests or adds..............what you think it should be is the only way it should be. Im glad I finally got that figured out so I will cease wasting my time responding directly to you in the future. So in summary. Happy birthday to you, mages got nerfed into hard to control dps bots that can no longer solo without tanking in cloth. Grats!
  4. Poydras Augur

I suggested three different ways actually. And it isn't just about the bots. It was the most popular class for the same reason. Very easy to play. Grouping gods (you know, that thing 90 percent of zones and playtime actually are devoted to). Never need to actually pay your subscription out of your own pocket. If you think the current strengths of the class are meaningless and uninteresting, while their shortcomings are the size of mountains, then I'd say perhaps you liked the class for the wrong reasons, unfortunately. Or you've just lost perspective. You think I'm just here to bash and cheer about nerfs, but I'm actually trying to offer that perspective. Otherwise I'd suggest trying a class with a better fit. On Lockjaw/Ragefire there's tons of time to switch. On Phinny you should have already know the new reality before investing the time. Just a suggestion.
  5. Hokkus Journeyman

As a mage I never farmed a Krono. I paid $87 for 5 on Lockjaw to buy a fungi and a fungi staff. On Phinny, I bought one on my wizard as an investment, but that was from selling the stuff I solo camped as a wizard. Now, since I refuse to log on any more, that one krono will just sit on my wizard until hell freezes over or someone pulls the plug on EQ. The true culprit here is krono trading. Make kronos non-tradeable and the game reverts back to people playing as it was before. While kronos are tradeable there will be endless camps by the plat farmers and since they cant use mages effectively now, they do it with different classes. Just ask the countless people that try to get an Efreeti camp. The mage nerf did NOTHING to affect this evil, just changed the characteristics of the game play for those that would exploit the game for real world money. Eliminate the real-world profit incentive and EQ becomes a game again. Keep krono as tradeable and eventually the game will wither and die - it is barely on life support as it is.
  6. Fyerie New Member

No idea what the hell the point of playing a mage is anymore. The recent changes were poorly motivated and poorly executed, punishing the vast majority of players while the offenders do literally exactly what they were doing anyway.

Roll the pets back so the class is fun again.
    Zool likes this.
  7. Edge Apprentice

I know pets were nerfed to be more in line with "classic", but coming from p99, mage pets here are a joke. I was never soloing reds on p99, but the pet could take a good amount of hits. At least until 40 or so, you could cast a dmg shield on the pet, cast one or two damage spells and your pet would be fine. Here, if your pet tries to tank a blue, it gets destroyed. If you want it to live you either tank yourself (lol) or spam damage spells and pray you can kill the mob before your pet bites the dust. I have no idea why they would nerf mage pets to such a degree, since pets are the only thing we have to keep us alive. No root, no snare, no fear, etc etc, just pets.
  8. Dahaman Augur

"Daha mages arent tanking any better than they did before. They tank just like the other casters. Horribly. You are just forced to do so now and are trying to find a way to believe it in your mind that your mage is still awesome in some way."

I've been specifically highlighting the facts about what you have to do to solo as a mage now.

I never said and in no way do I believe that a mage should be face tanking. That is not how the class was originally designed. It is how the class is currently design. That is an important distinction.

"Having to bandage up and face tank is not the new mage ability. If pet provocation AA worked, you wouldnt be face tanking at all.........oh except if ya dont the pet is gonna die lol. Almost forgot that part."

Correction:

"Having to bandage up and face tank SHOULD NOT BE the new mage ability"

The fact that it is the current class state that solo mages are forced to face tank means that the changes implemented are messed up. It's that simple.
  9. Lawyer Augur

19,000+ views. 27 pages of discussion. And not a single response from the developers.
    Drexll likes this.
  10. Venthos Augur

A lack of response is still a response. It means "we hear you, but we don't care what you have to say on it. We made our decision.". Just like many people have been telling you this whole thread. Mage pets are fine in this current era and the change was reasonable. Play your mage or quit your mage. Posting to this thread will not change your mage.
  11. Dahaman Augur

A lack of response also means: "Mages, you will tank it with your face and you will like it."
  12. Edge Apprentice

And many people have been telling you, they are not.
    Drexll likes this.
  13. Moranis Augur

Can anyone confirm this issue only occurs with mage pets? Some people are claiming that their mage pets are falling apart like paper, but I don't have the same issues with my enchanter animations (not that I ever really use them).

My lvl 48 enchanter animation pet can stand toe-to-toe with a similarly leveled Sarnak Champion in BW (both pet and champion con green at 54) for an average of 66 seconds without any buffs or debuffs (I did 4 separate trials). If I fully buff my pet (only my buffs) and debuff the champion, my pet solod him 3 out of 4 times and the 4th time the champion had 8% health left. Every case the pet was under 20% health, but he regens back to full in like 30 seconds.
  14. Dahaman Augur

I fully encourage these tests. Kudos Moranis.

However, running the test on a green mob is not broaching the solo mage game, much less group mage testing. That's a farming level test only, alas.

Any chance you can boost your tests to dark blue mobs at least? Can you slow a dark blue mob and the pet auto agro it for you? How does your pet fair after you land the slow and then it starts start tanking?
  15. Drexll Augur

What I want to know is why necro pets always get lumped in with mage pets when it comes to the nerf bat.
  16. Venthos Augur

Alright. So let's yield to DBG. DBG? Oh... they made their decision. Again, play your mage or change your class.
  17. Edge Apprentice

So, if you think there is something that needs to be changed, you shouldn't come to the official forums and give your opinion? You should just leave it as is and not provide feedback? You don't think DBG wants feedback from mages on how their "fixes" are playing out? I would have to disagree with you on that one. And I intend to "play my mage" I also intend to give feedback on these forums.
    Drexll likes this.
  18. Moranis Augur

Well, I was trying to get a test mob that was approximately the same level as the pet. Chanters only get pets at 42, 48 and 55 whereas mages get one it seems like every level, so I wanted to make it relative to the pet and not to the player. At 54, I would have to go somewhat deep into Chardok to find DB mobs and they absolutely blow thru this pet, but considering they are at least 10 levels higher, I would expect it.

I just hit 55 last night and I will say that my new pet tanks MUCH better than my lvl 48 pet. He cons LB at 55 (DB to my 52 druid), not sure how this compares to mage pets at lvl 55, but it's a bit disheartening that he's such a low level. In any case, he can pretty easily handle any trash mobs in BW with buffs.

For my test last night, I tried him against Slixin Klex (Lvl 50 skele in BW, hits for about 140?) 3 different times. I had the pet fully buffed, I fully debuffed Klex and the pet stood stood tough in there for about 70 seconds each time (I didn't actually count, but he lasted for about 15 seconds longer than my Gasping Embrace Dot which is 48 seconds + casting time). I would almost consistently get him to about 75% health before the pet ate it. One thing to keep in mind is that this dude has a considerable amount of health (probably in the area of 7-8k) and enchanter DPS is utter garbage without a charmed pet. The last fight I took the "mage approach" and got him aggroed on my pet, dropped in a dot / slow, waited a few seconds for pet to get aggro and nuked away. After the 5th nuke, I drew aggro so I ran in circles for a bit until the pet got it back and then hit him 3 more times and killed him. Pet was at like 30% health and my mana was at around 40% (theft of thought is the greatest spell ever invented).

Afterwards, I charmed Slixin and scorched the entire BW zone. I did, unfortunately, find out that Slixin Klex + 64% haste will eat thru my meager 1800hp in about 15 seconds...so there's that.
  19. Draekon Elder

CASUAL-"ITES" UNITE! WE HAVE WON THE XP BATTLE, NOW WE MUST WIN THE PET MITIGATION BATTLE! ONWARD TO THREAD LOCKAGE AND MITIGATION PATCHAGE!
    Varisath likes this.
  20. Roshen Brand Manager

Thread lockage? As you wish!

As called out in the patch preview thread:

Varisath likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.