Paladin future needs

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Redemption, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Warpeace Augur

You need to go re read the OP for this thread. These are called thoughts and ideas nothing is promised or guaranteed. If you can not contribute as per the thread don't post here and go start your own gripe thread . This is not about another classes opinion, its about things that could fix and make the Paladin class better down the road. Maybe the Dev team will use something here and maybe they wont.
    Thancra likes this.
  2. Allayna Augur

Suggestion:

[#####/#####] Protect the Meek
    Classes: PAL/108
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 1533
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 30'
    Resist: Magic -50
    Reflectable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 6s, Timer: 17, Rest: 1.5s
    Hate Mod: +2809
    1: Increase Hate by 4283
    2: PBAE 30' Stun for 3s up to level 113
    3: Reflect PBAE Heal, same range 30', Max Per Hit: 18727
  3. p2aa Augur

It's a SK ability, SK are master of AE aggro. As I said it, any nice new AE aggro disc paladin receive warriors should got one too.
  4. p2aa Augur

Everyone has right to answer in this thread. It's a public thread. Ideas suggesting to make paladins the best mitigation tanks are not making the paladin class better down the road, it makes it overpowered.
  5. Allayna Augur

If I'm understanding your "logic" correctly, it's overpowered if a paladin gets it but not overpowered in it's current form on an SK? o_O

Also, semantics, but it's a spell, not a disc we're referring to atm.
  6. p2aa Augur

Considering SK should be the best at AE aggro, it doesn't shock me they got this.
  7. Allayna Augur

And they still would be:
    3 AE aggro AAs on an SK, 45s refresh, 2 on a paladin 3min refresh
    The AE tap line listed above on an SK - no current counterpart on a paladin
    AE non-dmg line on an SK, can load all of them if needed (not necessary) - no current counterpart on a paladin

I don't see how adding the spell with the description I listed would make paladins the new AE aggro kings, anyone else?
  8. segap Augur

That's part of what used to be the tell of a skilled tank versus one that wasn't.
  9. Seldom Augur

Not sure what you mean by your question directed at me P2aa. Paladins have had Valiant for a long time already. It’s the equivalent of the Shadowknight Deceitful Allayna listed and is intended to be highly similar obviously. The hate mod component on our heal has just been broken. Wulfhere claims it’s 50%. I’d be curious to know how he came up with this. Based off what Dzarn said in page 1 he may have found the problem with it. When I tested it it worked zero percent of the time. I’m relatively sure when Chaosflux did a follow up on my test to verify with some correspondent, they also concluded zero percent of the time but I could be wrong on that. In any case, nothing is overpowered about Valiant Defense in it’s current state nor would it be overpowered if the hate component on the heal portion was finally corrected
  10. Syylke_EMarr Augur

I would add a damage component to maintain the balance of a quick cast+short recast+low hate+damaging AE hate ability. I would also add something similar for Warriors.

I would advocate forr lowering the reuse on one of the higher hate AE Pally abilities.

As far as disc durations go, I would like them (for both knights) to be increased a bit to counteract the SCRM nerf, but I am not really upset with their duration right now. Really the only one that bothers me is the Mantle line being so short now. Or the reuses reduced a bit.
  11. Brohg Augur

I would like more (like, all or nearly all (not Aurora, because Aurora is weird all-around?)) paladin heals to have a protective component after they land, to shield against the next hit.

I think the paladin version of Synergy should have a second triggering ability to fire off at twice the SK/War frequency.

I think all paladins should shower regularly and use deodorant.
  12. mmats Augur

Thanks, these will go a long ways to helping with both AE hate and interrupts. Making crushes instant cast would also be very reasonable. I dont think paladins need any additional help in those areas if all those changes go live.

Other things:

Act of Valor needs an overhaul, and I would suggest making it a group HP balance ability like Divine Arbitration, on a slightly longer timer than the cleric version.

I would also suggest the addition of an endurance return on Marr's Gift, though I would keep the mana and endurance returns non-focusable since its on a shorter timer than its sk counterpart.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Don't you dare touch Act of Valor, it is perfect and beautiful just the way it is
    Sancus, Sheex and gotwar like this.
  14. mmats Augur

No posts from you for the next 72 minutes!
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]
  16. Weber Soze New Member

I've been playing a paladin as my only character since 1999. I solo mostly, group when I can, and raid very rarely. For a casual playing style like mine, the ability to be self-sufficient is critical. I'm generally pleased with EQ but I've been consistently disappointed that the Valor of Marr spell line was cut off. Even if it's a small upgrade, I'd really like to see a new version of that spell - we shouldn't be casting level 49 spells anymore...
  17. Swingfirst New Member

It is my opinion that as the game population shrinks, classes need to be able to do more.

I say this because our guild and many guilds are limited in their options in members now, we cannot pick and choose from the many, many applicants we used to get. But, it seems the events are being designed using algorithms which assume a perfect makeup of classes including DPS, Healer, Tank, and Utility. If you lack the right number of Tanks, or DPS, or Healers, or sometimes utility classes, you just cannot pass events.

Guilds with an active group of members, but not necessarily the perfect ratio of DPS / Tank / Healer / Utility makeup to pass events. I feel that classes should have the ability to adjust depending on who logs in tonight to raid.
  18. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Tell ya what, lots of great suggestions so far.

Marr’s gift: 7-8 min refresh, up the mana/hp/endurance to be around 40k not focused

Crush lines: up the agro 15% and insta/.1 sec cast

Hallowed/beacon aa’s: increase the ae range to pbae200 radius no limit on mobs, or give a # of mobs but reduce reuse 50%.

Auruoa group heal: reduse spell cast to 1 sec

Wave group heal: 1 sec cast, 7 sec recast

Vialiant defense ToT heal: change to heals targets target for min 35k before crit, heal self for 20k before crit

Stun spells with aa’s dont seem to proc enough group heals.

Now as for dps...love the aa’s but really we have 2 dps discs and one only really shines in correct situations. Blunted blade should be a bit more dps than it is...

Deflection... seriously, keep the timer as it, but allow 360 degree... or reduce resuse timer bu like 4-6 mins and keep it frontal.

I would even go as far to ask that slay undead become a disc so for 4 mins I can cause havoc on undead! Reuse be around 15-18 mins. Just lower the “proc” rate on undead when not useing the disc to be around 15%. If that makes sense.

Also not near the game for a few days so I cant comment on the new stuff, or if what I typed is even remotely viable... and not class altering god mode.
  19. Lubianx Augur

A few nice ideas here.
    A couple of things which I would really like:

-Decrease the cast time of Group heals, especially Aurora

-Add something extra to the Brells buffs. Add an endurance regen component or AC to it.

-Increase the duration of Ashbound Keeper (and further spells to this line). Even if it's double it's still roughly half the length of Assurance.
  20. Koveras Elder

I deeply understand where you are going with this considering that I also feel that Paladins tend to get the short end of the stick when it comes to what the Paladin needs for the future, I'll be bringing up ideas here and there to see what others think as I will mention below.

Its true that a good heal can get wasted, especially when you need it so should the circumstances become dire. Considering that Clerics do get a Ward of Surety/Assurance lines means Paladins should get something similar.

If later ranks within Lay on Hands is allowed a ward effect that works in the same way as the Cleric's Ward of Surety/Assurance lines means the targeted person affected by Lay on Hands gets the ward buff the moment the heal over time effect from Lay on Hands wears off. The ward will remain until it wears off or until it absorbed to a set amount of damage per Lay on Hands rank whichever happens first (say for example, Lay on Hands at rank 35 can place a healing ward that can absorb up to 25,500 points of damage, once the ward absorbs that much damage if not greater means the target will be instantly healed.

I know for certain Paladins get an Aura Effect that further improves heals and now that you mentioned it, I'm thinking they should get another Aura Effect that makes the Paladin oneself a Healing Ward that gradually heals people (which includes the Paladin oneself) whenever they are within the range of the Aura. This would be similar to the Cleric's Issuance line, expect the Paladin IS the healing ward so as long as the Aura remains in effect and people are within the radius of the Aura itself.

Another idea I could bring up is a group version of the Paladin's Protective line. Considering that Clerics already have a group version and a single buff version of the Vie line should give reason to point out that a group version of the Protection line should be considered (Rallied Protection Allegiance for example).

As far as I'm concerned in the case of reverse damage shields, to simply put, lets say an enemy gets inflected with a reverse damage shield, whenever the foe attacks while inflected with it means the foe oneself takes damage to oneself at any given time it attacks.

Now as for the idea of an AA version of Reverse Damage Shield, I could propose the thought of a Shield AA ability that allows the paladin oneself to proc a reverse damage shield effect while bashing an opponent. I'm thinking something that would be passive so as long as its enabled.

To simply put, the AA version of Reverse Damage Shield if it where to happen would be called Valiant Mark, a enabled/disabled AA ability that will pose a chance to proc the strongest mark the Paladin has by simply bashing. It should be pointed out that while the AA is enabled, every time a mark is proced through bash will take mana which depends on the strongest mark that's being used. Further ranks will allow the Paladin to proc a stronger mark as those of 80th level will be able to bash proc Mark of the Saint (the highest rank of the spell will also be included).

If it where to happen that Paladins get an AA version of Flash of Light, it would obviously be a pure damage AA nuke expect the damage would be much much larger then 125 points. The damage alone would be much greater then the Disruptive Persecution AA expect the cast time alone would be longer and won't have the chance to interrupt an enemy from casting a spell. Its feels rather unfortunate that ever since Paladins got the Flash of Light spell at 50th level, they never got any more nuke spells ever since up until the Seeds of Destruction expansion. So it would be reasonable they would get this AA to Paladins at 55th level as further ranks will further improve the damage.

I'm thinking in the case of what you mention when you bring up "maybe an innate proc rather then activated" I would propose the idea of Blessing of Smite, which would serve as a innate pure damage proc to further counter the Shadow Knight's Touch of the Cursed. Considering that the Paladin's Blessing of Life AA already gives out innate proc heals to the Paladin as Touch of the Curse gives innate lifetap procs to the Shadow Knight (heal and damage).

I also have my own ideas to bring up to hopefully fill in possible missing gaps.

Self Buffed version of Brell's: My idea for this is a spell line that it not only grants hit points to the paladin oneself but also provides a small bonus to armor class. The armor class buff from this would come from the very slot within the Ranger's Protection/Cloak lines.

Paladin version of the Cleric's Ward Line: Because Clerics have a Ward of Surety/Assurance line means Paladins should get a self buffed version. Considering that Paladins already ended up getting the Divine Favor spell and hasn't been touched at higher levels ever since. An AA or spell version could be ideal.

Focused Admonish: Considering that Shadow Knights already have a Focused Bites AA ability means Paladins should have a similar AA ability to counter the Shadow Knight's version. The idea for this is that it provides an additional strike after casting a spell from the Admonish spell-line (and perhaps the Glorious/Brilliant line) that deals additional damage. Furthermore, that additional damage dealt to a single foe should return 10% of hit points to the group.

Heroic versions of the Reckless/Frenzied Strength spell line: Considering that nothing has been done with these two I figured I would propose the idea of a Heroic version of the Reckless/Frenzied Strength lines, ones that affect heroic strength among with the base strength stat.

Gift of the Crush: Grants the Paladin a 100% chance to twincast any spell from the crush line for three minutes.

Vie's Resolve: This is a counter to the Shadow Knight's version of T'Vyl's Resolve. Now that I think about it, why exactly did Paladins NOT get this in the first place back in The Darkened Sea?
    Either way it would fiction as T'Vyl's Resolve would, save for the name alteration.

AA versions of Holy Shock & Flames of the Valiant (Epic 1.0 & 2.0 AA abilities): Considering that I'm not betting on a Epic 3.0 at any given moment soon I would propose the idea of allowing Paladins (and all other classes with their own respectful Epic AA abilities) the following: In the case of the Holy Shock AA, which should be innate, it should proc more damage (starting at 155 for 50th level) and a chance to stun mobs from 55th level and above (5 more levels per rank). Then in the case of the AA version of Flames of the Valiant, additional ranks would further improve the song buff's proc damage as well as to stun higher level encounters (3 levels higher per rank I'm thinking). I will point out that the character oneself should actually have completed the respectful Epic Quests and should actually be allowed an Epic Quest from Lady Carolline of Thex to get Epic AA abilities (the rest of the Epic AA abilities among with the ones I mentioned about should be brought up on a different thread).