Official Ragefire Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lifebane, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Lowbrow67 Lorekeeper

Because it gets lost in the legal speak and endless bickering. Grats Ceaseless and Darkwind!!! Great job to both.
    skattabrainz likes this.
  2. skattabrainz Augur

it took a lot of behind the scenes effort on the part of our old players, our new players, and our officers :)

as someone who joined the game originally when the level cap was 60. . . i've never killed an old world dragon. passed the level cap without someone telling me to stop to do lady/lord!! looking forward to it and happy to have ceaseless to share it with

skatterbrains
    PathToEternity likes this.
  3. Darwhine New Member

I would like to know the official position of daybreak about that.
    Those which are neither in the rotation, nor represented in the council have to follow their decision ?
    Do you officially recognize the council's right to decide for the rest of the server ?
  4. Nydan_silent Journeyman

You are going to organize a pick up raid in less than an hour and kill a raid target? Good luck
    Simone likes this.
  5. Porygon Augur

The rotation is built for the guilds included. If you have a guild that wants to raid, you can contest FFA mobs, or apply to join the rotation. If your guild decided they want to do whatever you like, and break the rotation. I would imagine you would see a penalty for doing that.
    Simone likes this.
  6. Bufonidae Elder

DBG made their official position very clear...
    They insisted on a rotation for the server, they insisted the players come up the the rules for that rotation, and they pinned and announced they were enforcing the rules that the council came up with.

seems pretty clear to me.
    Simone likes this.
  7. Phati Elder

DBG does not determine the rules and regulations of the rotation. They are only in a position to facilitate when guilds break rotation.
    Simone likes this.
  8. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

After all the effort ROE and APOK spent crying, ROE has been removed from the rotation for failing to kill their targets.

No surprise. Seems like ROE has collapsed also.
  9. Pikallo Augur

I'm curious about rule 2.8 line 66 in regards to removal from the rotation:
    A guild who fails to kill a mob in their secondary rotation, even once, will be removed from both their primary and secondary rotation.

Does this include when you are forced to hand off a mob that spawns at the tail end of a window? For example, last night Lady Vox spawned around 5:30pm EST, which is in the "EU Window" and Reign of Eternity was up in the rotation in their secondary slot. So according to the above rule - they have 30 minutes to engage Vox before it hands off to the NA rotation slot or else get removed from the rotation. What happens if Vox spawned at 5:59 pm EST? This would mean a guild has 60 seconds to engage or else they are removed from the rotation.

Granted, RoE had like 10 people online so they wouldn't have been able to kill anything regardless and their removal from the rotation seems justified (they seem to have died out anyway?) - however this could still potentially present legitimate concerns for perfectly capable guilds. It would either force you to poopsock a raid target at the tail end of your raid slot(if the target spawn window was open) or do something cheesy like agro and kite until a raid force showed up.

Just something for the council or whatever to consider.
  10. Sumoldfogy New Member

something the majority wanted??
    Well i suppose if you count one person running 2 6box groups a majority..
    For a second there I thought you were referring to actual individual humans playing a character
    ...my bad
  11. Lifebane Augur

Good eye, Pikallo. This exact discussion has already taken place here:
    http://www.ragefireforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=395

It will be corrected soon.
  12. Pinto_Bean Augur

I was kind of curious about how evenly dispersed the kills were here on Ragefire and what I found kind of blows my mind.

Right now we have ~20 days of data gathered. That isn't quite a full rotation through the mobs but it is pretty close.

So far I counted up how many mobs each guild had "assigned to them" and got this:-
    -----------------Assigned ---------FFA kills
    Apok: ---------12-------------------- 2
    TL: -------------4-------------------- 23
    TLG ------------2-------------------- 1
    Rosen ---------4-------------------- 1
    CAF ------------4-------------------- 1
    Cease ---------4-------------------- 0
    Dark -----------2-------------------- 1
    FP -------------2--------------------- 1
    ROE -----------1-------------------- 0

12 assigned for Apok when everyone else only has 4 assigned? What is wrong with this picture?

23:7 TL:Other Better than it was before forced rotations I guess. Still pretty lopsided even with the lockout timer.
  13. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

Are you saying that this rotation is absolutely ridiculous and makes no sense? If so, I absolutely agree. Assigned Kills 35 - FFA Kills 30 (80% TL). I am not sure how Apok ended up with 33% of the assigned kills, the rotation counsel (without Apok's approval at the time) set that up somehow when they overruled the prior rotation. It should be noted that Apok's last rotation kills came on 8/24 - CT, 8/22 - Inny, 8/21 - Vox, and 8/20 - Nagafen. Also, newer guilds to the rotation will have fewer kills. Anyways, there used to be a rotation where all rotation guilds would get an equal number of kills. Those days seem long gone however.
  14. Detheb Augur

Apok got the entire first set of mobs i believe+ Some of the second round because of a snafu with the new rotation. The rotation was put in alphabetical order, which gave Apok the entire first set. It was fixed, but in the interest of not ninja editing the rotation, they were not shuffled. Therefore, they got some of the second set aswell..

Was just an oversight
  15. Lifebane Augur

Since you are keen on analyzing data in which you do not have all of the details about, I will break it down for you:

1. There were 35 assigned kills and 29 FFA kills. The council voted on 50/50 FFA assigned split. Obviously with variance and no control over spawn windows, this is working as intended.
    2. Apok has more assigned kills because the lists were initially set up in alphabetical order. We randomized a week later, and Apok rolled 3rd or 4th in the list, so they've been part of the most full cycles. Given more than a few weeks worth of data, the numbers would even themselves out.
    3. Take a look at all of the numbers on the assigned kill section below Apok and TL. They are all greater than zero. This rotation has given all of the smaller guilds (some of which only raid twice a week) dragon kills during their scheduled raid windows, while not impacting the rest of the rotation. This is not something they had before, and now they do. This is also not information you will glean from reading a list of numbers.
    4. There are 6 other guilds that have received FFA kills other than TL. That number was previously 0 for each of the 6 guilds.
    I could analyze the LJ rotation and point out flaws, but I won't, because it serves no purpose. Things have been peaceful on this side of the fence, please don't stir the drama pot over here.

The bottom line is that the guilds are getting exactly what they voted on. We are deep in discussions on a potential new rotation for Kunark. Time will tell if the guilds feel things should change.
    Eilad likes this.
  16. Pikallo Augur

Exactly.
  17. Eilad Lorekeeper

What lifebane says, other than the messed up start with Apok getting too many assigned kills.
    you can see that most guild get an even number of assignated targets.
    As for FFA, gotta say TL do a good job about it and they deserve those kills.

As a reminder they have a 1h lockout every time they kill a FFA mob, even with this rule they get alot of the FFA mobs. If you feel you deserve more of the FFA mobs then just do a better job at tracking targets and mobilizing.

In my opinion the current rotation is working, if guilds willing to get more FFA kills put the effort : the FFA kill by TL will drop to 50%.
  18. Pinto_Bean Augur

I am on RF now. (came from LJ) I didn't want to wait 6 months for Kunark. Plus those 24 hour windows are quite....casual.

There are flaws in both rotations but I noticed that my guild had less than 3x as many rotation mobs as Apok I wanted to bring up that something was seriously wrong. Someone is taking some serious advantage of someone here.
    I wasn't aware that the guilds all got re-shuffled (who made that call lol?), Plus there was some snaffu at the beginning where Apok got too many rotation mobs? Seems like someone took full advantage of some mistakes made.
    I think it is great others are getting FFA kills and I like that the 50:50 FFA was planned (much better solution than the LJ stuff). I am still rather surprised no one has stepped up their game to take down FFA targets when TL was locked out. A 1 hour lockout timer should be plenty of time!
  19. Eilad Lorekeeper

i'll explain why Apok got 3:1 assigned kills :

1. At the start of the "prime time" rotation, guilds could be in NA and EU, those 2 slots worked separatly
    2. Apok was first in alpha for both those rotation, thus 8 kills.

After that the rotation have been re-worked and "primary" and "secondary" slots were introduced, adding some new rules in the mix to keep things fair.
    3. because of the major change, rotation re-started and Apok was once again in the 4 first in the rotation. gaining 4 more kills

total 12
  20. Pinto_Bean Augur

I see...So I have to ask, is there any advantage for a guild to be in 2 times slots now days than? There is an advantage to the overall rotation because it moves the rotation along faster but other than that I would think it would be a bit of a disadvantage considering TL is on a 1 hour lockout a majority of the time.
    Are there any discussions on rewards for guilds that have 2 time slots? Like an extra mob here and there or something like that?
    Are there any discussions on if killing FFA mobs can cause you to skip your next rotation? I think it would be cool if an FFA kill counted as 50% of a rotation kill. Meaning if you kill 2 CTs between your 2 CT rotation spawns, you skip your next rotation mob. This would move the rotation around a tiny bit faster at least.