Official Ragefire Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lifebane, Aug 10, 2015.

1. skattabrainz Augur

:)
  2. Kalamurv Journeyman

I just thought of another oddity with the rules. Say TL had the 1 hour lockout on Vox ffa, vox spawns at 11:30am. TL is next up in euro slot. While they can't engage him right away, is that lockout voided by their time slot at 12:00?
  3. Finley Augur

From what I can gather we are being told that the lockout would hold regardless of their window starting. Furthermore the kill would not count towards their rotation progress regardless of when Vox was killed or by whom.
  4. Kroak Journeyman

FWIW, in regards to the discussion about FFA spawns-

I agree completely. However, I do think there should be some consideration to raids who attempt the FFA spawn prior to the EU timeslot, but have not yet killed the target by the time the EU timeslot begins. Meaning that raids which engage prior to the rotation spot can continue their attempt, and not be penalized for doing so if they finish the kill within the EU timeslot. A minor concession, but a reasonable one that is worth spelling out, I think.
  5. Nydan_silent Journeyman

%hours per day in rotation 54.17

Average death time 35 hours

Hours per week 168

Average raids per mob per week 4.8

Total raids per week 19.2

Total raids per week in rotation 10.4

Number of guilds in rotation 7.5

Total raids per guild per week 1.39(if you are only raiding one slot its worse)

TL raids per week 10.19

Great rotation guys.
  6. Freki Augur

as it is currently the grey area is unclear about this. they ARE addressing this to work it out equitably. if the mob stays ffa then YES lockout continues into their time slot. if it does not stay ffa, then it will become that slot at noon.

if you want more raids per week, get your guild to be ready 24/7 so you can hit the mobs that spawn at 3am eastern every day. compete against TL and you'll have 10.19 raids per week. now if you were to make a rotation that involves everyone that is better, write it up, an PRESENT it. TL does not have veto rights here . but i will say this, if you make 4 slots per day with a rotation of guilds what are you going to have to figure out what will happen... hmmm that's 4 slots, 7 days, 28 slots per week. with 4 spawns a day (not true just working the numbers) you find that you don't get all that much extra. but this is just me using some general numbers and logic, I challenge you to come up with a better rotation that others will like as well.
  7. Nydan_silent Journeyman

8. ElaidaTL Augur

Seems to me the major issue are the so called middle ground guilds who dont want to admit they are casual by actions if not words ( hi apok ) but would rather consider themselves high tier raid guilds. Most of the casual guilds have stated they dont care about not getting a lot of spawns so long as they have a shot at content unmolested even if its rarely. Then you have some guild ( really at this point its just guild ) who want as much content as the top guild but w/o having to deal with them or pretty much do anything for said content. Well you CAN have all the content you want you lucky gamers! Come and kill FFA mobs and thus lower the number of mobs TL is getting! hard concept I know.
  9. Mluian Journeyman

When does the 1 hour guild last to kill in FFA expire. Rules do not list that it ever does except when a competing guild kills it in FFA. The spreadsheet should be expanded to not only list who killed a target last but to also list who was the last guild to kill it during FFA. Should be done ASAP to curb any monkey business.
  10. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This information is available on the kill log tab.
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

If there's another "main issue" besides lack of guilds, this is it. People clamor for a one-size-fits-all rotation (or as Roshen said, "Choose your own rotation") or, more truthfully, they clamor for the-size-that-fits-me rotation.

Problem is, there's three sizes, three mindsets. You have guild which want hardcore competition, namely TL, TLG, and CAF. These guilds probably don't mind rotating a little content to keep the server well oiled, but pure FFA mobilization/DPS races gets their blood pumping.

Then you have the 24/7 guilds who don't quite want to be that cutthroat. That's Apok and RoE. I'm not knocking them by putting them in this tier, I'm just saying they can field a force around the clock but prefer to rotate most of it, probably being just fine with some FFA thrown in for kicks and giggles.

The rest of the rotation guilds just want to attempt something, anything, a couple times a week. They do not care to contest anything themselves, but during non-primetime hours FFA is no matter to them. Just give them a dragon or a god occasionally while content is current. Also this is at least four guilds, and perhaps more upcoming.

And we have four mobs to go around. Four.

We've hashed a lot of ideas out but you have four mobs, nine+ guilds, and three different playstyles.

No one is going to be happy here. No one is going to get enough. Everything is this community doing the best it can with precious little to work with.
    Zublak and Bilxx1 like this.
  12. Uliadyen1337 Journeyman

You won't be taken seriously because of your inability to form a proper sentence that doesn't make the readers eyes bleed.

Allow pick-up raids to raid without restriction? Really? You're a fool. This would just encourage people to de-guild and claim that their doing a pick-up raid. You're more than welcome to go do some sky islands, but if you want something on the rotation, you'll need to be there on the FFA days. You won't be catered to like a kindergartner.

And, for f*** sake, it is spelled COUNCIL.
  13. AbyssalLord Journeyman

Attacks on the poster aside, the points are still valid. It is unfair to the guilds on the rotation to give up a mob they've been waiting for so a group of random people *might* be able to kill it. I dont disagree that pick up raids should happen, that is why we have FFA time. That being said, the only way a pick up raid would have a shot at a target is if it is guaranteed to them (because other guilds will just form up and kill it) My suggestion if you want a guaranteed spot at a pick up raid? Get a bunch of people together that like to raid around the same time (but they are randoms) then go kill the keeper of souls. Bam you are on the rotation, and you are also a guild.

Again I wish not to attack anyones characters, but it is simply not feasible to guarantee a rotation slot to a "pick up raid"... That being said I would not be opposed to have a prime time rotation be "pick up raid" that consists of players that are not guilded in any other rotation guild. Is this perfect? No someone would game the system, but it might be interesting to let a pick up raid try and down bosses. My second suggestion would bet o bring this up at a council meeting (this sunday at 10AM EST) for the council to discuss.

Suggestion three: Join a rotation guild.
  14. archy Lorekeeper

Well you're a punk (keeping it PC). Not everyone's first language is English.
    lalaloup likes this.
  15. Nydan_silent Journeyman

Let's be real here. The primary reason TL is the "top" guild is numbers and their ability to "mobilize" people that are out of game. Those of us proposing a different solution want to "compete" in the game by playing the game. We are not interested in "competing" by being able to log in at the drop of a hat. This has to do with your out of game life circumstances and has nothing to do with your in game skill. We want to compete by actually playing the game.

Just like in real life I am not better at golf just because I have a house next to the golf course and can drive there faster than the guy who lives across town. This is a perfect analogy for how TL "competes".

Don't even start with they out compete because they can click bind, gate, and use gate potions faster. That is literally nothing but one click of the mouse and requires zero skill at all.
    Agrippa likes this.
  16. Banuvan Augur

And, for f*** sake, it should be THEY'RE not THEIR.

Don't be petty.
  17. lalaloup Augur

Or in other words, everything except immersion is irrelevant and people are pursuing different fantasies.
  18. Uliadyen1337 Journeyman

Ooh! Good catch. I didn't even notice that one. Thanks!

Yep. I know I'm a punk, and a troll. The attempt should still be made to sound somewhat mature, rather than spewing garbage that looks like it came from a second graders writing notebook.
  19. lalaloup Augur

So we can expect you to become more readable soon?
  20. Uliadyen1337 Journeyman

Very doubtful :)