next march tlp please a boxingserver and a true box server.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgia, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Numiko Augur

Every time a new server opens 3 or 4 guys in my guild disappear for a few months and then come back bragging they made another few hundred Kronos! ...

that is the only reason half the people like to play early content over and over, Original - Kunark - Velious are the expansions in EQ where (some) raid drops are tradable you can get multiple Krono for items that drop off non raid mobs.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Furryous New Member

I love it when people are trying to force their opinions on others. Everyone has the right to love the expansion they love. Period.

I love the fresh feeling of a new TLP because of the crowd. So many people a lots of newbies that are coming back from x years pause. It is really fun to live. I know classic and kunark sucks and they should be launched as 1 but i am not playing for these expansions, it's for the feel of the server.

I adore PoTime, i think it's one of the best raid zone ever made, nostalgie is most likely a big part of it, but every server i play i have to play until PoTime. The feel of the zone, the type of monsters, i mean you are killing Gods.. it's plain awesome. You may not like it, but i do.

I played later expansions on Phinny, i stopped at PoR i just could not take it, i don't like it. I dont like the performer raid, i don't like the sisters raid, i don't like that the game is bad at showing some raid events and you need Gina for some or else the raid wipe. I don't like the anguish mask clicky thing, it could be fun but the way the game make it it simply boring. Don't try and tell me, well you suck or you are simply bad at the game, Anguish as to be one of the easiest raid zone in the game.

I agree some expansions later are awesome. TSS is great, SoF is awesome, but some people don't like em period.

I hate the fact they open 1 new server every year, it splits the population even more, but they should has been doing since Quarm an event server Classic to Pop, rinse and repeat, no need to open Phinny, Mangler, Corniav, Agnaar for that crowd i agree.

It should of been something like Phinny, Agnaar event style, Phinny 2.0 ( 2 years later ), Phinny 3.0 ( 2 years later ) while cycling Agnaar event style server. And we would only have 4 servers, instead of 8 or 9 like we do today.

I am not an English first language speaker, so please don't grammar nazy my post, i am sure deep down you understand the meaning.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree with you on that, I have suggested pretty much the same thing previously (link) & I expect others have probably suggested something similar before too.

I would also say a new TLP once per 24 months is enough myself with that recycling server available.
  4. markkk Lorekeeper

i would love a new tlp with boxing every year starting in classic,make all items of value no drop and you have to be in the group or raid to get it you cant items so people thats use eq to make an income wont be able to do it eanymore. without being at the keyboard.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Sorry your post is a little confusing, do you mean that to loot any item you would have to be present in the group / raid when the mob/event was killed?

I don't think the current game can actually lock out players in this way, corpses open up after a while to everyone, so doing what you suggest would probably require some considerable additional coding - i.e. it's expensive to do this & it doesn't solve the problem as the workaround is so easy - all that would happen is that those selling items would pre-invite you & if you didn't pay up when the item you want drops they would just kick you out so you don't get it.
  6. markkk Lorekeeper

but that person selling the loot right would have to be at their computer they couldent be afk it would be time intensive for them or just make all drops no drop,also since they couldent be up for 24/7 other players and groups could camp for the items from that spot when they are of line or afk.
  7. Machen New Member

It can. There are items that can only be looted if you were in the dz that earned them (some of the dz's off lichen creep come to mind, where the chest spawns in open world lichen creep after the mission, but you will never be able to loot anything from it if you weren't there for the dz win.) There are other items that can only be looted if you were in the raid that killed the mob. A lot of epic 1.5 and 2.0 drops are like this. In either case, these items never unlock and become available for anyone to loot.

Dunno if it would be feasible or easy for them to extend this to every item in the game, but they do have the capability already developed.
  8. xxar Augur

Also put in a check for the person doing a quest and remove the ability to .
  9. Korea numbah3 Elder

They unlock at 3min left, at least the PoR ones did.
  10. Machen New Member

No, they don't.
  11. Machen New Member

I didnt' even mention PoR anything in my post.
  12. wildone Elder

waiting on announcement for next tlp server,servers.
  13. Jontrann Augur

If they opened a truebox and non truebox, wanna know what server ill play on as a non boxer? the boxing server. Wanna know why? Because those boxers will stick around past POP, unlike the truebox crowd.
    Machen likes this.
  14. Machen New Member

This is a GREAT point that I don't think I've seen anyone else make before.
  15. Brunlin Augur

I dont play on Selos...I have been on Mangler since day 1