New Warrior Ability Idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Aurmoon, Mar 18, 2016.

1. oklookatme Journeyman

Honestly would like duel wield as a "new feature"(not a new feature really, but...). It's not practical to use now as it stands. I know it was looked and re-worked when defensive stances were put in place, however it's only good when dealing with cons that are green and very light blue. To me at least, it is FUN to be able to switch up and use all sorts of weapons when in groups and in raids(not main boss though). I know some people get all serious about a warrior only using SB, but this is a GAME and warrior class should ALSO be FUN.
  2. Triconix Augur

And so it begins, the latest roller coaster of the DW/SB debate :eek:
  3. oklookatme Journeyman

I tried to angle it in such a way that it would NOT cause a huge debate. So keep it civil everyone ;)
  4. Damoncord Augur

Since DW was mentioned BB will show up and start blathering on that S&B is the only stance a warrior should ever use.
  5. Mistatk Augur

Dw needs a unique ability. Something like bard bladewhirl. Or a 100hands effect. If 2h is more dps, and SB is more ac, DW needs something unique.
  6. Brohg Augur

Pretty sure nothing was said about using something else to tank mobs that hit back, so ... no, I don't expect he will.
  7. Brohg Augur

Dual weilding is more procs for your Emblazoned Belt to add 500 to! Double dip on the Second Spire +70/hit! Offensive Discipline (it sure is!) +316/hit!
  8. Triconix Augur

I'll be the first to say it: DW should have the same mitigation as SB proficiency. The benefits of shields are found in shield ac and shield block. That's more than enough for raid boss tanking to not use DW in those situations.
    Damoncord likes this.
  9. Makavien Augur

I agree 90% .

Personally I feel to make warriors unique (instead of just a knight that can't cast spells)it should be just as good to tank duel wielding as with a shield except on bosses that hit extremely hard like 4 an expansion.

And to see if this is a good idea first do an ingame poll where only maxed out warriors can vote on.

I think the damage needs boosted by at least 40% on all weapons that we use.

Each weapon stance should receive 2 types of special /combo special attacks too.

Shield reflect needs to be made relevant again usable often on it's own timer.

We should be given Warlord's Grasp back for all npcs.

Warcry needs to have a message when cast added and reduced to a 3 minute reuse timer and a 1 minute buff timer.
  10. Ulfgar Soulforged New Member

I too would like to see each stance gain attacks specific to the stance.

Give 2h a short cd double or triple attack (similar to zerker rampage), and maybe a high damage single strike. Keep it a good single target dps alternative. I also think the warrior 2h stance needs increased to between 200% and 250%.

Have dual wield be an aoe / tank stance. Give it a 15 to 20 sec cd frontal aoe attack and maybe a 6sec duration riposte ability on a 1 min cd. As for how to change the stance i'm not sure the 80% buff puts it much if any over what sword and board do thanks to iss.
  11. Xorsazis Augur

Or possibly make them both equally defensive, but Dual Wield provides better weapon defenses and Shield Stance provides better spell & AE defenses. Would definitely create a special niche for each.

I would also like to see double procs on 1H weapons for warriors. Could always make a 1HS weapon which procs rune/force of anger and another which procs increased damage/lifetap procs. Or possibly other useful things like an AE Force of Anger or possibly a cripple/slow. Not sure if double procs are doable, but you can always create another aug slot type or just include an already existing one with updated augs.
  12. Derd Augur

Does the game differentiate between shield or weapon ac in off hand? If not,then would introducing high ac offhand only weapons be doable and offer a slightly higher dps output plus slightly better survivability making it a viable option over snb without a huge dps disparity over 2h. So you'd have more choice in gearing and some semblance of personal choice instead of being stuck with only two choices dps or survive
  13. sojero One hit wonder

The item has to be flagged shield in the database to get shield ac bonus.
  14. Abazzagorath Augur

In retrospect warriors shouldn't even have gotten dual wield. They got it as part of the original parent class deal.

But if they had been limited to 1h/shield and 2h (1 for tanking 1 for dps) like knights, they could have made war/pal/sk 1hers and 2hers from the start. Can't change it now, but dw and 2h are both dps choices, so what's the point in having both really.
  15. Derd Augur

So they could possibly flag warrior offhand weapons as shield?
    Then no actual item ac changes would be needed. The stance dw reduction would stay in play of course.
  16. Kamea Augur

What most warriors actually want is them to up the mitigation of DW. DW is currently at 15%... some even argue that even at 30% the shield AC + shield block from S&B would make it superior.

I think the parry buff and dodge debuff from DW should be removed (to avoid any stacking issues) and the mitigation should be upped to 20%.

There are a multitude of reasons to have two DPS stances. DW 'should' be the DPS-tanking stance, ie, the go to stance for moloing/duoing etc, and safer DPSing vs AE ramping raid mobs. Even for a raid geared warrior, going from 15% (DW) mitigation to 0% (2H) can be rough if PDH is down.

I would also like to see some DW-specific non-stackable aDPS (eg HHE, flurry buff), to give DW a specific edge when DPSing from a tank group. This, and the mitigation buff, would give DW a well defined role while still leaving a clear role for 2H.

Additionally, DW and 2H (for warriors at least) react differently to different types of DPS boosts. DW increases more from "Increase hit damage" mods, where as 2H increases more from crit rate and crit damage mods. If DW was stronger, it could well be the case that the group composition would change what stance is better DPS.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

No thanks. Any stance-specific abilities move us in the opposite direction of where we should be going. We should focus on abilities that are stance-neutral, and narrowing the defense/DPS gap between. Otherwise we get things like Warriors getting rounded while they are DPS'ing, or doing pathetic damage in a tanking role.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

That's probably incompatible with the proficiency model, though it might be a huge boost to DPS (85%). I'm not sure how it would be handled if it counted as a weapon and a shield. Items like Shield of the Slain Unicorn are handled as weapons, even though they have the name and graphic of a shield.
  19. Ulfgar Soulforged New Member

It seems like warriors are about 3k to 4k aa short of other classes. We could just ask for a bunch of passive aas.

What about a passive that changes a percentage of crits to crippling blows.
    Triple Riposte
    A 2nd attack on punishing blade
    Rampage riposte (wouldn't hit or break mez)
    A chance to return endurance on block / parry / riposte
    A chance to make an attack with a shield with damage = ac of shield
    A stacking attack speed boost to dual wield (effectively a delay reduction prior to haste being applied)
    A passive to boost weapon damage to match or better knight weapons.

These are just the random ideas i could think of in the 2 min it took to type this.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Hundred Hands + Flurry % increase proc similar to what Monks/Rogues (well theres doesnt do flurry) would be cool