New Warrior Ability Idea

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Aurmoon, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Mistatk Augur

Yeah, we wouldn't want to start copy/pasteing one classes abilities onto the others, who knows where that could lead. lol
  2. Nightops Augur

"Tank DPS"; is that not an oxymoron or a false positive?

Any class getting killed while waiting to do their job is counterproductive.

So when a knight chooses to drop shield DP for 2H proficiency for more dps, thats ok? I also recall several warriors saying knight dps was over-powered when comparing to a warrior... but would only compare war using DP while knights had 2H up. I guess whats good for the warrior is only good for the warrior and no one else should compare unless under the warriors terms and conditions. Choosing to run a type of utility for a non-tanking knight is OP while choosing to run the same utility for a non-tanking warrior is nonsense.
  3. Dre. Altoholic

I personally feel that "Tank DPS" means performing closer to your max DPS potential while tanking. The DP/2H tradeoff races us in the opposite direction, which looks a lot more like "getting killed while waiting". This was always a problem with the proficiency system, but perhaps now that Knights share these abilities (and their problems) we can all bring more light to that subject.
  4. Nightops Augur

To me, I see adding in the stances (for all tanks) adds to their versatility. When they have more choices, they should be able to distinguish themselves when in different roles. I don't think any main tank; be it a warrior or knight; should be able to match (or be close to) the dps of another tank not main tanking. There has to be some risk vs reward for wanting to get more dps from a tank class. Just like before 2h stance for knights, there wasn't much of a dps reward for using 2h... even when not tanking.. it just wasn't worth the chance the knight would need to pick up a mob or forget to switch back to shield at a later time.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a stance given to warriors for duel wield (if there isn't one already). The stance would / could be focused around avoidance using parry / riposte / dodge and /or offensively focus on proc %s. Put some limitations on it so LS or similar mitigation discs won't work with it. However, maybe that disc for mitigation rune-type procs works. Maybe work this in a way to give warriors an option for rampage tanking.
  5. Dre. Altoholic

And there is. The problem with proficiencies is they act as a multiplier in both directions: Restricting the growth of already-terrible DPS when in tanking mode, while simultaneously reducing survivability below previous baselines for everyone who isn't a tank with a shield equipped.

Choosing agro/defense vs DPS via spell/disc selection was already plenty sufficient. A tank's DPS needs not be further made worse-than-terrible when they are performing their primary duty. Let's face it, none of us are going to be knocking on Ranger/Monk/Beastlord/Magician doors anytime soon.
  6. Kamea Augur

The trade off should be made with locking out reuse timers of certain discs (ie aggro discs), not heavily nerfing our survival. This would make DPS abilities penalize you for attempting to tank with it without making us get 1 rounded by AE ramp, like 2H+offensive stack does.
    Dre. likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

A bit late to the party with this one, but the extent of warrior ideas is summed up here:
  8. Lenowill Augur

It'd be interesting to see warriors get some tactical damage and protection options that don't really exist in the game yet. For instance:

-An ability that deals increased damage if used to break a target out of mez. (Like Opportunistic Strike for sleepy enemies.) Variants using other types of CC as the conditional could be interesting as well (one that requires a rooted target, and deals direct spell damage to try to break the root, might be nice as well).

-A burn disc or AA that caps the warrior's health within Berserk range for the duration (and then deals 1 point of damage to the warrior to make sure the effect actually triggers?)

-A "Watchful Eye" short duration targeted buff. Gives the target a defensive proc that reduces their threat with the attacker by a flat amount when triggered. Extremely high activation rate but a Max Hits of 2.

-"Bashing Place." Aura ability that causes the warrior to root self for its short (~12 second duration). Any enemies entering the aura within that time take a single large swing of physical damage and hate the warrior a lot.

-"Weaponmaster Style." Like Drunken Monkey Style, but for weapon types, rewarding the warrior for cycling through 1h piercing, slashing, blunt (and two-handed variants?) over the course of the ability's different phases. It would be nice if this could have a particular focus on rewarding dual wielding somehow too.
  9. Damoncord Augur

few ideas

Group Warlord's Tenacity

Combine some of the older AA abilities. Brace for impact, Resplendent Glory

Ramp up the runes in the rune disc and have it go to the short buff window.
  10. Xorsazis Augur

Some things I have been thinking about:
    • Extend Field Outfitter line to something more around 5-10 minutes. Sort of like Wild Growth. Also put Commanding Voice in there to consolidate. Increase the endurance cost if need be.
    • Tie Staunch Defense with an increase to Shield block, Dodge, Parry, etc. (maybe just skill overcaps?).
    • Possible Dual Wield Fix: Change the damage of WAR only 1H weapons to be around 25-50% more or add that to Dual Wield Stance directly. Add a generous heal proc (2000-5000?) to the stance to allow for agro and self-healing. If you want lore, consider it an adrenaline rush or something and have it steal small amounts endurance (no more than what can be regained naturally).
    • New Ability: Fighting Chance - Once dead, you have 1 tick of invulnerability to be healed beyond death. Upon success your character continues, upon failure your character dies. Places debuff on Warrior that lasts 5 minutes and blocks Fighting Chance from re-occurring.
    • Increase shout agro by a lot (double, triple?), reduce the cooldown.
    • Combine the Imperator's Command/Precision/Charge.
    • Buff Warlord's resurgence and tie in a heal mod similar to resplendent glory.
    More as I think it.
  11. Triconix Augur

I'd rather not charity more of our abilities.
  12. Warpeace Augur

How would it be charity when Warriors would be the ones casting it? Make it separate like Paladin armor of the Inquisitor self and group versions.
  13. Damoncord Augur

I'd rather we have it than give Dey Break Games any more reason to give it to others.
  14. Triconix Augur

1. We already have several good group buffs that we give people
    2. We're not a buffing class in the first place
    3. You want a separate group version so then knight's would further complain about the warrior advantage? In raids, odds are warriors are going to be grouped with...other warriors. That would lead to rotations of this buff so theoretically a warrior could sustain 45k more HP for upwards of 8 minutes. May as well make it permanent at that point.

Increase ICommand and merge with ICharge. Merge Field lines with Command Voice.
  15. Xorsazis Augur

More:
    • Change Phalanx of Fury to be an equivalent innate rune proc. (4500)
    • Change Aura of Runes Line to basically do what NTtB/PDH does (only run in the disc window as always) and make them stack (value tbd).
    • Bring back furious bash as an innate AA.
    • Give us better mob positioning tools. Something like Siren's Lore, also something which puts the mob directly in front of us by a small difference for those tight quarters encounters. Make it non level capped.
    Possibly more later.
  16. Makavien Augur

So nerf nttb/pdh? and make it as useless as aura of runes? It doesn't use the disc window and would never be used ever if it did.Aura of runes needs to be made into a buff or deleted.

Triconix charge is better than command in 99% of the situations in the current raid game.
  17. Xorsazis Augur

Nothing would change with NTtB/PDH. Aura of Runes would simply mimic it but run in the Disc bar. I would personally use that more often than staunch if it acted like NTtB/PDH. And make it stack so instead of 4200 it totals more towards 6-7k. And if you choose not to stack it, you can run it when PDH is in it's cooldown.

Let's face it, Aura of Runes is pretty much useless as is, but reworking it to PDH with an unlimited number of blocks based only on the disc timer bar would be useful.
  18. Kamea Augur

Aura of X Runes is fine as a SPA55 Runes disc, that's not the problem.

A major problem with pretty much all defensively proccing warrior discs is the pitiful proc rate, I have no idea why they don't give our discs respectable proc rate mods like most other classes.

With Armor of X Runes in particular, I'd like to see it buffed to something strong enough to justify staying in disc window. I'd say (at least) double the rune amount and dramatically increase the proc rate mod. I'd add AC to it (nominally) bigger than the AC on Stout Defense, so it's clearly always better. To get creative, I'd say also add a spell + DOT shielding component to it. And finally, lower the reuse time.
  19. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

Not really new, but I would really like to see an upgrade to Shield Topple.
  20. Reval Augur

Sk's get Harm Touch and Paladins get Lay on Hands because they're rooted in magic and fantasy. Warriors are more realistic, so you should give them something that matches that. The real weapon of this world is the overly pushy salesman, so have the warrior summon slightly more egregious than normal high elves that use high pressure sales tactics on the mobs like "You know I love this computer, it's just been flying off the shelves. This is the last one in stock, but if you're still on the fence we'll have more in 2 weeks." or "Oh I remember what happened, I spoke with the mechanic and he just forgot to turn the check engine light off. Now if you don't have the cash up front we can arrange a payment plan...", or "You know they call this a time share, but the other guy is so busy with work he hasn't been here in years, it's more like a money share - he's sharing the money with you!", and once the npc's agree to it they get buyer's remorse, which is a debuff that increases damage on the mob by 15%, and drastically raises aggro on the warrior as he then wastes the money gained from the sale on bad food from the applebees down town that the mob knows is bad now because it used to be good but he had a few bad experiences there last year and just gave up on it.

Also, make a new race: wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man and make the only class it can be a warrior. People won't care if warriors aren't as good as knights in their minds when they see that zany new tank with his sword and shield all flailing around, and look, he's always smiling!