New TLP Announced for May 2023!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Jan 11, 2023.

1. FranktheBank Augur

I have a bard, why would I want that trash weapon? Songblade + EoE exists.
    MaestroM likes this.
  2. DeadRagarr Augur

Isn't FV one of the more populated live servers, as well as Mischief one of the most populated TLP servers even with it being in TSS?

There being "20" non FT servers doesn't really mean much when you could probably merge like 16 of them.
  3. MaestroM Augur

because i didn't know about either of those okaayyyyyy

Edit: I never raided Time. My guild on Live stalled out in elementals due to toxic guilds killings triggers of elemental bosses if they didn't have the force to kill them when they popped. RSB was the bests weap I thought I'd ever have a chance at
  4. Triconx Augur

And all the people who want FT can reside on two servers. Every live server hits high population during peak hours. If so many more people wanted FT over non FT why is there only 1 FT live server? Your comment is nothing but ignorance.
  5. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

False about Live servers. Also, you can’t make that claim because players have existing long term relationships and familiarity with a server community. Plus, it’s a one way ticket to move to FV, which has a lot of risk for people not willing to permanently lose a character.
  6. Triconx Augur

What is false with what I said? Nothing. At launch of new expansions every single live server was hitting except maybe Vox. As I type this there are 4 at high and the rest Medium 2 months after an expansion launch.
  7. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

So 4 servers now constitute all the Live servers?
  8. FranktheBank Augur

MaestroM likes this.
  9. Triconx Augur

Did you bother reading what I typed or selectively taking things out of context? Live server populations embarrass FT servers. Period. Always did will. At NOS launch every live server was hitting a high population. We are two months in. Most people are done with the content. Raiding is back on the menu.
  10. MaestroM Augur

11. Stagentti Augur

You keep going on and on like you're saying a fact when you actually aren't.

You have no idea if live servers have a higher population than FT servers. Period.

2 servers can be "high" on the tracker and have wildly different populations. You have no idea if one has 2k and the other has 20k.

Both being "high" tells you nothing about their actual population #.
  12. Triconx Augur

No server can hold 20k people at the same time so it's a ridiculous claim by you.

Bristlebane and FV are comparable size-wise. That leaves a dozen other live servers vs...nothing. high population hits at a certain threshold and based on what we know about server stability, servers are going to top pit around 5k. Even if 4 of the servers only hit at the threshold to report high (we know BB clears it because it's a 24/7 high pop server like FV), it's only going to take 2-3 servers to hit the server limitations.
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Stagentti Augur

You know that, how?

Edit: you added a whole lot to your post after the fact but I'm going to just ignore it and stick with my original question based upon the non-edited post.
  14. Dstyrc New Member

If your paying attention to everyone’s ideas it mainly a mischief type server or a agnarr type server. Why not create a locked server with mischief rules? By the way I very much dislike mischief but I can agree on a server like this. Or just do a locked server, there is a greater population interested in that if you just go off posts alone.
    Greensealilly likes this.
  15. Triconx Augur

Well, one I'm from BB and know how massive it is. Just like FV, it's a 24/7 high population meaning it's maintaining at least 2k people at all times. It has as many or more raiding guilds doing in-era content on it, some of which have many F&F members like ROV, which is one of the largest guilds in the game. It has a massive casual player-base that I know of.

Just go to both servers right now and you'll find the numbers slightly favor FV. It's not taking 4 servers to match FV population. And even if it did, you're talking about 8-9 other live servers all with steady medium population 24/7 after getting cancelling out the 4 live servers vs FV. What FT server is left to equal the population of those 8-9 servers? There is none. There isn't a single feasible way one solitary server can match the population of 13 servers. It's common sense and knowing the general limits of EQ servers.

And is Mischief (and TB lol) higher population than all other TLPs? No.

And as I type this, there are currently SIX (6) live servers that are high population and FV. Six (6) more at medium and one (1) at low (Zek). You still think FV is out populating 6 high population servers and 6 medium population servers at this very minute? Even if all 6 only hit the threshold to report live, which I believe is around 2,000 characters, FV would need to have 12,000 people on it. We know for a fact an EQ server cannot hold 12k people simultaneously.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Protocol Dragon Defender

What do you think is the character population that triggers “high”?
  17. Crabman Augur

I dont really understand where the comparison of live servers has anything to do with TLPs... The game/mindset/playerbase is completely different. Live players have impressively stood the test of time, grown there characters with the same guild for years, completed brand new content as it came out yearly. It is a status thing to have that gear, have those aa's, be in those guilds. Posts in here talked about "earning" the gear as a reason against no trade items with an example of live, and I 100% respect that. And on live, it definitely makes sense that items from those raids is not tradable. Having those items is a way to show off.

TLP's are a different ballgame though. Theres no prestige in clearing content that is 23 years old. The fun is gearing out your character. Whether its getting gear that was never possible back on live, gearing a different classes on different tlps, or just finding a new group of friends to raid with and gear up, those are the things that I feel make tlps fun. And free trade just adds to that fun! Who cares if I raided casual and bought some items, or raided hardcore, earned all my items and then made a bunch of krono. A free trade allows more people to play the way they want and still end up with the gear they want.
    Adventure and MaestroM like this.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

We can infer a lot tbh. We know server capacity is ~5000. Even if "high" is like 1000, there is just a lot more normal servers than FT servers.

I dont think its really relevant tho
  19. FranktheBank Augur

That's actually a really good question.
  20. Bigpumpa95 New Member

I like kunark start, all classes, PoP locked, no ldon, free trade. Keep loot tables the same but with 1 drop randomized. 2 weeks lockouts on instances