New TLP Announced for May 2023!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Arclyte Augur

one character only server
    character race / class creation is random
    halflings are pvp enabled
    rivervale is an exp hotzone
    Lineater likes this.
  2. Dagenfehl Journeyman

Hardcore server.. You die, that character's out.

Let's see how many people make it to The Hole ;)
  3. Kahna Augur

Don't worry hun, you will be done with it in a couple of weeks and itching for the next expansion.
  4. FranktheBank Augur

Because it has no content. This isn't 1999, getting to max level isnt difficult (nor should it be).

Your personal (and everyone else's) lack of knowledge made it magical and mysterious. Kithicor was scary. Running Qeynos -> HHK or Freeport was tense. Yada yada nostalgia. Information is widely available, the mystery is gone. You play for nostalgia.
    Appren, SoandsoForumUser and Skuz like this.
  5. Husk New Member

I don't find anything wrong with that. Isn't that part of the appeal for TLPs?
    Schwifty likes this.
  6. FranktheBank Augur

It's the entire appeal for TLPs. People disillusion themselves by building it up in their minds. They want to experience in as if they are whatever age they were in 1999 all over again and that it impossible. People need to stop chasing 23 year old dragons.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Appren Gnomercy

There is nothing wrong with nostalgia, but you will never be amazed by exploring old EQ zones again, like you did twenty years ago. You are older, more experienced, jaded, and have seen it all before.

There are a lot of TLP rerollers that love the (fairly quick) journey through the old zones they have done a dozen times before, but I doubt they go "woaaaah" when they see Unrest or Guk for the umpteenth time :)
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Arclyte Augur

I like how in one post you will be indignant when someone else doesn't agree with how you play (boxing), and then here you are trashing people who like playing classic EQ

classic frank hot take
  9. blurpppa New Member

Yay cant wait for a new server controlled by botters and krono sellers.

Gonna be so lit buying krono to get anything useful! For the 7th time.

Maybe we can try just one server with enforced anti botting rules and no krono? No? Ah okay.
    Rcbauer likes this.
  10. FranktheBank Augur

classic misunderstanding of words.

While I personally think people who play only classic-velious are insane, that actually has nothing to do with my post. People look back at early EQ fondly without recognizing the external factors. Example: I remember loving Kunark. I was 12ish, started an iksar monk with my uncle's iksar sk. It was also my first account, since I had played on my uncle's acct while he was at work. A whole new continent to understand. A race that every hated and my uncle and I farmed faction in Highpass in order to be able to access Freeport (mainly the banker, so we could buy/sell in EC tunnel).
    The things that made Kunark great in my mind were; a new race, a new continent to explore, the faction aspect, my own account as a kid, playing with my uncle, and shackle/epic quests.
    None of these things are on TLPs. Kunark is already explored, I dont need the faction with cloudy pot/fd/sneak or just making an alt. I've had my own acct for ~20 years. My uncle no longer plays. Shackle/Epics are solved.

TLP Kunark is leveling 50-60, which is very fast. Killing Naggy/Vox 2.0, Green Naggy, Undead (not undead) Naggy. Then perhaps doing VP key to kill another Green Naggy, another Vox, and Black/purple Vox. Also there is a lizard necromancer to kill. Also take a couple days and do your epic.

This ended up longer than I thought, it's mostly to say that you hilariously missed the point in your attempt to flame me.
  11. Protocol Dragon Defender

Frank, I’ve reached out to your Uncle. He said to meet us behind Master Glox tomorrow and you better have your shackle of dust on.
    jeskola likes this.
  12. NImxat Elder

New idea for server: allow apprentice mercenaries from server start. If starting with merc reps in the starting cities takes too much, just place one rep in the common lands tunnel, human mercs for all until mercs usually enter the game.
  13. jeskola pheerie

You mean Uncle Hank the Bank?
    FranktheBank likes this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

Man, that is an old meme, but a good one lol
  15. sadre Augur

I hear you Frank, even if no one else does. Scattered pictures of a world we left behind.

Can it be that EQ was as engaging then as we imagine it now to be, or has time rewritten our memory banks? These TLP's are an attempt to "do it all again," but that's dubious, plus it's not possible, nor do I think we would opt for it if it actually was.

Having said that, what do any of us remember? It's all nostalgia that we remember, when we remember, there's a new TLP.
  16. ConcernedCitizen New Member

I think what people also don't take into account was how new the internet as a whole was in early EQ. We combined this new, amazing world with people from areas we never had (instant) access to before.
    Appren, Skuz and Rijacki like this.
  17. Rcbauer Augur

Have you ever played GoD----SOF?