New TLP Announced for May 2023!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Jan 11, 2023.

1. MaestroM Augur

It is comparable. Selling LR is harder. Just compared them. I agree that selling LR has a smaller market--whoever is buying LR has to be able to get to the corpse, but its not like it doesn't happen All. The. Time. Every TLP i've been on other than Mischief was full of people buying LR to gear.

It can be harder than selling free-trade gear and still be ubiquitous.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'd be okay with illusion-click items being heirloom.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

LR buying is wholly different to Free Trade buying, the free trade item can be circulated ad infinitum.
  4. MaestroM Augur

In theory, yes. But a lot of expansions include level increases and massive gear upgrades. Combine that with level restrictions on everything and the pace of going through expansions and gear doesn't circulate as much as it could in a different environment.

The objection above (the one I was responding to) was that people who don't raid shouldn't have raid loot. But they get it by buying loot rights. They get a LOT of it. Buying loot rights is all over the place. Free trade does of course yield more trading of loot, but turning it off doesn't keep raid loot out of the hands of non-raiders, it just makes non-raiders have to pay more.
  5. Triconx Augur

Do FT raid items get automatically destroyed after 30 minutes if nobody buys it in the bazaar? No, they can stay there forever.

Do FT raid items prevent re-selling, undercutting, and other forms of price manipulation? No, it allows it.

There are half other dozen things that FT items allow. Power creep, for example, in the form of getting just one single "Form of X" click means the entire guild has access to that buff now. Alts of alts of alts will have access to that click. The last thing this game needs is more power creep.

Gear inflation and massive stat boosts from expansion to expansion don't really occur until TBS --> SOF. COA gear, for example, is perfectly suitable for a year or so on a TLP lifecycle. That's a long time to have an item in circulation.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. MaestroM Augur

Of course they're different. I didn't say they were exactly the same. I said LR sellers are ubiquitous on TLPs (they are) and free-trade doesn't lead to as much gear recycling as you would see in theory (it doesn't).

Again, I was responding to a person who said that they didn't want free trade because they didn't think people who don't raid should have access to raid loot, which has happened on every TLP since Combine. So the argument that free-trade results in MORE raid loot in the hands of non-raiders is not particularly relevant. Additionally, raiders buy free-trade raid loot too.

Edit: I went over to Mischief and searched for a few items from my old PoP raiding days. There are two Blades of War and no Rune Stamped Blades on Baz. Small sample size and doesn't mean a ton because I'm sure there's just better stuff out there for that level range available but it was interesting to see that the Rune Stamped Blade is still impossible to find. RIP Bards.
    Crabman likes this.
  7. MischiefTLP Augur

MaestroM likes this.
  8. Kragin Augur

We need another mayong type server, but instead of 51/50 we get 85/800.
    code-zero likes this.
  9. kittykitty New Member

No drop items become free trade next expansion, 2 box max, focus effect available from beginning is the best in my opinion :)
  10. FranktheBank Augur

Why kill the server =/

I can't remember if the Avatar's were removed from the randomization. I know they were randomized for a time, but either way, it was a very uninteresting table to farm.
  11. psybob Journeyman

what about a hard mode server ? Set number of deaths before you have to reroll.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are mechanics in the game that make a death 100% unavoidable which makes this a bad idea.
  13. MaestroM Augur

Tell me you’re not a bard without telling me you’re not a bard. Hrrrmmpphh.
  14. Aiona Augur

There's no need to keep all raid gear 'NO DROP', just make the raid gear attunable, that way buyers can still access it, sellers can sell more, and raiders don't get the short end of the stick.

This might be a bit of work for the dev team to go through, but it is a valid solution that could be used on numerous future TLP's. So, the time investment to do this could pay off well enough.
  15. Aiona Augur

Another example for making some things attunable. :)
  16. MaestroM Augur

If attunable means bind on equip (to use the WoW term) I wouldn't not play because of that. I would absolutely not play on a level locked progression server. I would probably play on a Classic + Kunark server and maybe Velious but I'm not interested in a server that starts with Luclin+ If I wanted that I wouldn't wait for a new server, I'd just roll on Yelinak right now.
  17. Triconx Augur

You can unattune an item, you know this I hope?
  18. Aiona Augur

No, I didn't know. And I suppose that would make it too complicated to make these attuned items different... oh well, it was just a thought.

(edit: my experience past PoP is extremely limited and long ago. And I am not ashamed to admit it :D )
  19. Triconx Augur

Level locked =/= luclin start. Stop conflating.

You can have a classic start level locked server. You saying you wouldn't play that...why?
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

It comes from an item sold in the market or via Loyalty Points or Overseer points. They aren't cheap so it's nice like they would turn your idea into a free trade server, players would just have the option to unattune specific items.
    Aiona likes this.