New TLP Announced for May 2023!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Jan 11, 2023.

1. MaestroM Augur

I was one of those people that wanted a pop-locked server too. I still log in to Agnarr every once in a while but its almost a ghost town. Kind of a bummer.
    Zrender and Kuldiin like this.
  2. negolin Journeyman

We had randomized loot....it is time for randomized mobs!!! 0.1%spawn rate. Cazic Thule spawns into Crushbone....the noobs run for the zone! Venril Sathir is seen in Ocean of Tears! Fippy Darkpaw walks among the mobs in MMM!
    Tyranthraxus and Kuldiin like this.
  3. Kuldiin Journeyman

If I ever form a government I want you to be the minister in charge of fun.
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

5. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Pay a krono to take control of any named mob (except raid bosses) for a couple hours and play it.
  6. Cheet Elder

YESSSSS!!

Dibs on Girplan Guardian!!!!
  7. code-zero Augur

Project M ~ and the character should be random and no cost. Please stop the "pay a Krono to get <whatever> nonsense"
    Skuz likes this.
  8. jeskola pheerie

Pay a Krono to get a vote on the next TLP ruleset.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think project M would be a good server idea though I think the server would have to be PvP in addition because there would already be PvP between player controlled NPC's and players controlling a normal character.

I could be wrong but I think that aspect of PvP is one of the reasons that project didn't last.
  10. code-zero Augur

I'll be honest here, I'd get a random character and get my friends to come equip me and buff me and go hunting. IIRC I think you could even level up the character some first as I seem to recall getting an orc pawn to level 8 or thereabouts during off hours and then hunting the camps around Kelethin for a while
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If I remember right something similar was done in the early days of Luclin when Beastlords would charm animals and use a buff to make them stronger. Some would go around charming low level animals in newbie zones and buff them up before releasing them as a pet.
    code-zero likes this.
  12. code-zero Augur

That reminds me of early days barding. In Iceclad I'd charm a giant and equip it with a gnoll hide lariat. We were dumb back then like that :D Always kept it snared and rooted though. Anyway some goober trained us and the giant got loose all buffed and with those stun procs. We started getting ugly tells from the people who just trained us after they all wiped. Hilarity!
  13. Appren Gnomercy

Being able to give summoned armor to orcs in EC and such was fun :)
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Psalmz Elder

Charming, hasting and then releasing mobs in any newbie area!
    Appren and code-zero like this.
  15. jeskola pheerie

Start: Classic
    Expansion Unlocks: Immediate upon completing expansion
    XP: Selo speed
    Loot: Free Trade, 2x drops (no random)
    Permadeath
  16. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Heh. EQ isn't anywhere close to the type of game to support permadeath.
    code-zero likes this.
  17. MaestroM Augur

Too many death touches, among other things.
  18. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  19. DeadRagarr Augur

Skill Issue. All you need is more $$$ for more boxed accounts.
  20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

When you have raid events that are designed to ensure that players die with no possible way to avoid that death it should be clear that the game is not designed for a perma death mechanic.