New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Maverix1804 New Member

I am sorry Roshen, but this system does NOT make any easy for a group of friends to log in together .. BECAUSE IT TAKES FOREVER TO CONNECT ON PRIME TIME!

How long should we all suffer the long waiting queues to play the game? Can someone explain the master plan behind of all this?

1- Tire players from attemping to play the game?
    2- Waiting on resources to increase server capacity?
    3- More instancing implementation?
    4- Penalazing some folks until the bulk move to other areas?
    5- [Insert here other reason]

Seriously!
    Cloudous likes this.
  2. Willy Willers Lorekeeper

3 hours in queue, then client crashes, now I get to start all over again.... Come on I'm a HUGE supporter but even I have my limits.
    Cloudous likes this.
  3. Skive New Member

Yhea, I am done. I am not angry over what has transpired, I hope allot has been learned through this process and would be willing to give it another go if later on you do this again... but this is no longer fun. Unlike some people here who are going to flame and yell, I just do not see a point in playing a game if it is not fun. EQ has always had a special place in my heart, and I wish to leave it that way, so I am going to leave before the taste becomes bitter. Let me know if we have a next go round!
    Pukk likes this.
  4. Fizzer Journeyman

DEV needs to create a QUEUE COUNTER so we know how many people are infront of us in the QUEUE.

Every one submit a Ticket to request this feature ASAP
    Cloudous likes this.
  5. Roxxors Lorekeeper

Are you sure you really want to know... It would be like my daughter and WoW, You place in the queue is 3874, your estimated wait time is 3 hours 45 mins.
  6. Kolani Augur

Not until Live servers get tradeskill NPCs back that were removed as a consequence of Ragefire. Not a moment before then.
  7. Kanbian New Member

• Queuing will skip a player that logged into other servers.
    If that account is logged into the test server in another open client will that affect Queue?
  8. Milfurd Augur

How about limiting how long you play? 2 hours? 5 hours? 8 hours?

I'm still waiting on the queue.
  9. 3nn10 Journeyman

This queue time is rediculous. I was a proponent of the queue before it was put in place, but waiting 2 hours is just crazy. At least with spam clicking you'd get in in about 15 minutes tops.
  10. Riou EQResource

Right, but you would just be taking other peoples spots, a Queue is more fair to everyone

No need, it will probably happen in the next patch anyway with how requested it is
  11. Gharis New Member

Tonight it took me roughly 2 hours and 10 minutes to get into the server. I was also a proponent of the queue but now it takes much much longer to get into the game compared to the 20 minutes before.

After waiting over an hour late last night I gave up and watched a movie instead. The wait time is ridiculous.
  12. ValinorPeacemake New Member

Second night in the queue for hours. last night I gave up at 1130PM CST. I don't know who said no queue after 11PM must live in Japan. I have SEEN soooo many toons sitting obvviously afk in cities and the Halas ramp it saddens me to think someone can't help the "AVERAGE" player.
  13. Lempo New Member

can you track all the time we sit in the que and extend our allaccess by that much .. kthx
    Cloudous likes this.
  14. Mwsupra New Member

I have a question for those who have been around and experienced other TLP servers. Generally looking at the past is a good indication of the future. On the other 2 TLP servers, was getting logged in a big issue? And if it was, how long did it last and what did they do to fix it?
  15. Tronk Augur

Fippy login difficulties led to Vulak being released. But, the two had an identical ruleset which led to identical issues on both (about half the votes for not progessing versus opening the next expansions). Had the two been split into slower progression and fast, the players would have sorted themselves out a bit.

Then there is the issue of never having been merged. Both servers have since collapsed, but I very much liked playing on Vulak.
  16. Beggly Augur

OK, I've had some problems with the log-in list. I've been dumped a couple of times and had to start over ... anyway, it's a nice idea, and I think that it will be great, I love it. Good Luck with getting all the kinks out, which will eventually be done... I'm sure you are working hard on it.

Hey, I wonder if you plan to expand the system anytime? I don't have ideas, but I was wondering... you are the creative big brains in this game.
  17. DirtyOldMage New Member

So here we have guilds raiding and taking down bosses and yet i have only managed to log into this server 1 time to play. Tell me how this Que is fair to all that pay to play a game and then you can't log in? Not everyone has hours on end to wait in Que. I will be cancelling my sub...
  18. Mwsupra New Member

Ok, well based on that the outlook doesn't look too good! Hopefully DBG will learn from previous mistakes and make a smarter change.

Edit: Also, just noticed this Twitter post: "Did you know Ragefire is able to accommodate more players than the previous TWO progression servers combined?" Still, looks like they underestimated EQ's popularity. They probably should have started with much more server capacity and adjusted downward instead of cutting it close and having to come up with a bigger capacity solution.
  19. Lempo New Member

storm knocked out my power for 30 seconds and I had to wait 2 hours to get back in the game. 30 seconds after getting back in a screen pops up with some crap about my client crashed and now im sitting in the que again .. this is rediculous
  20. Peat Moss Journeyman

I don't care for que systems myself. Never had problems logging in before, so I don't see a need. NEw games? I guess I can see it. But this just seems...unneeded.