New Queue System is LIVE!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 23, 2015.

1. Zaztur New Member

You're right, however people do need to play, after all we all paying
  2. Fizzer Journeyman

Need a way for us to know our POSITION on queue? is is 10 minutes? 2 hours? am I next? 10, 60 people ahead of me?
    Dakotawolf likes this.
  3. Hokkus Journeyman

All due respect, the que system is useless. What is the point of a progression server if the people that want to play cannot log in and play the game? What is the point of a que that does not tell you whether your wait time is 5 minutes or 2 hours? A frustrated customer is one that will likely leave a poorly planned and implemented game server.
  4. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

The problem with this mode of thinking is that PoP is a minimum of 2 years away. There's no way that people will stick around for 2 years if it takes them more than a couple of minutes to log in. I know I'd be seriously pissed if it took me more than a couple of minutes to log into my server of choice.
    Hobitses likes this.
  5. StanStanlee New Member

I just put myself in queue and about 5 min LATER a friend of mine put herself in queue. We are literally opposite sides of the world (not that that matters) I have been in queue for 30 min now and she has been playing for 20. WTF.

Oh and on a side note. To all those people saying, "just wait it out" and "chill, the queuing system only takes a while then you can get in" and other statements of the sort. I ask you, if you are paying for cable/television and you know a program was coming on that you wanted to watch and you turned it on and the cable company gave you a message saying too many people are watching it right now, you'll have to wait in line to watch it. Would you be happy paying for that service? Would you continue to pay your bill?
  6. Pukk New Member

How many subscribers have they already lost? I know the argument against a 2nd server and to some degree I can see the point. But on the same token how many people have they permanently turned off/lost due to the poor planning and roll-out of this new server. If they had started with 2 or 3 servers if the #'s warranted a 3rd....they would have kept those paying customers who have already left for their failure. And a queu is nice to have and is something better than what was in place, but is still a huge turn off when you are waiting up to 3 hours or more to play. Yes people will get bored and stop playing a month, 2 months, year from now and population will decline, at that time merge the servers, its been done before, and will be done again, I don't really care if I'd have to change my name. May be a bit inconvenient, but so is not getting into the game I'm paying for. And the loss of population caused by people being turned off from this botched roll-out. It also doesn't help that this is an extended holiday weekend and I know they planned that on purpose to give people more time to play the game and build their characters, but unfortunately they should have taken into account the possibility that they might need a second server at least temporarily. This will hurt them in the long run, both with Everquest, and possibly effect their customers confidence in them in rolling out their other games such as Everquest Next if that ever comes to be. The game sounds interesting and probably be fun, and I'm getting extremely tired of these WoW clones, and I hate WoW, although it is better than the clones. But if they have this many problems with this one server how are they ever going to get Everquest Next going?
  7. Gizar New Member

I have been trying for weeks to get back into this game and on the Ragefire server this sounded like so much fun! but COME ON !! wth people I have not even got past the create a character screen yet, constantly disconnects, and drops me, no idea if I am even in a que of any kind I am getting very frustrated with this company already...
  8. COMEON New Member

I can not think of a game in which you have to pay to play and you have to wait over a hour to do so lol. This is a joke im playing money to wait in line to play a game that I play for?????? Make another server or raise the cap. Bring sony back at least they were smart enough to make 2 servers everytime they did something like this. Daybreakers just don't want to spend the money to make another server they just want us to pay montly to sit and wait for a que are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. Delrone Journeyman

Having an ETA on when you will be logged in how exactly do you think this would be implemented? some people play for hours on end and others play for a few minutes.

I really can't wait an hour and a half to login that's about how much time i have allotted to play the game
  10. Roxxors Lorekeeper

Oh I can. It's called WoW. My daughter had a sub and chose a high pop server to create her toon on. Some days she would be in the queue for up to 4 hours before she could get in.

You jump on a high pop server, or one just released everybody wants on, and this is what you get. Just suspend your sub and come back in a month or two and it will all be good.
  11. gallgony New Member

your que is broken, a family member and i tried to get in together, i was at the log in screen before he was, he got in in 30 min i sat there for well over an hour. /ragequit rage fire
  12. Old_Timer Journeyman

How about getting the 6box mage groups on their own server and then a que may not be needed at all... :)
  13. ShabbusDragonus New Member

I think that boxing should be severely limited for the first week or so, until the hype dies down a little bit at. I believe it will lead to a longer lasting community with que time reduction so people aren't as frustrated and want to stay and join us here on Ragefire. Allowing some people to be logged into multiple characters at once, while others cannot even play a single character is not a good way for a community to thrive in the future. It should at least be limited during release
  14. StanStanlee New Member

Why limit boxing? I mean, they only take up most of the space on the server, which makes it impossible to log in. Oh, and in case you weren't on when it happened, they already beat phinny, vox, naggy and inny. I can't see why not allowing boxing would be beneficial to anyone?! #sarcasm.
  15. Roxxors Lorekeeper

Unless they are running all the boxes from the same machine, there is no way to stop it. You could just allow a single login from a single IP address, but then they would just fire up other boxes and login from them.

There is no way to tell 1 guy playing on 5 different boxes or 5 guys on 5 different boxes, they will all have different IP addresses.
  16. renshiren New Member

You have been hit for 100000000000 damage by the wall of whiners!!

When EQ first started it wasn't uncommon to wait to log on. My how lazy people have become over the years.
  17. ADDANOTHERSERVER New Member

This is crazy that im paying to wait to play a game you lost another customer until you start another server i thought i could deal with it but not happening
  18. Blankslate Elder

How would you feel if every time you turned on your cable tv it didn't have any programming for 2 hours? Lazy?
  19. Riou EQResource

Isn't that how long commercials on TV are nowadays?
  20. Peri Journeyman

45 min and counting:mad: